IGNORED

Hidden Skulls?

Bojangle

I've heard about this a couple of times now, and have seen no mention of it on here. From what I've heard, it seems some levels have skulls hidden on them. When you pick them up you get extra features, such as a 'blind' mode which takes away your HUD.

Anyone know more about this?

Blind Mode

At the beginning of Outskirts jump on top of the light on top of the door with a crouch jump, then jump to the left platform. Turn to your left and go down the long dark corridor and pick up the skull; it will say blind and your screen will flash black for a while. In this mode you can not see your weapon, body, shields, ammo, or radar.

To get rid of this feature use the following method:

1. Turn off your XBOX or Save and Quit.

2. Go to Campaign and select level and choose Cairo Station.

3. Skip the cinematics and then Save and Quit.

4. Go Outskirt and your hud is back.

Blind Mode

At the beginning of Outskirts jump on top of the light on top of the door with a crouch jump, then jump to the left platform. Turn to your left and go down the long dark corridor and pick up the skull; it will say blind and your screen will flash black for a while. In this mode you can not see your weapon, body, shields, ammo, or radar.

2. Go to Campaign and select level and choose Cairo Station.

3. Skip the cinematics and then Save and Quit.

4. Go Outskirt and your hud is back.

So erm, what's the point in that?

There are lots of skulls with different effects.

I spent a couple of hours tonight doing The Arbiter on Legendary to find the "Grunt Birthday Party" one, which features a bunch of grunts doing a dance in a circle around the skull. Collecting it makes people blow up as if hit by a plasma grenade when shot in the head, and the good thing is you can restart on any level and any difficulty and still have the effect. Although of the weapons I tried it only worked with the battle rifle so there's no mass carnage with machine guns.

I found all the info in a thread on Bungie's forums. (There's a big list of all the known skulls on page 28.)

When I tried it Save & Quit didn't fix it. The HUD didn't come back until I reset the box and then picked up a weapon on Cairo Station.

Halo 2 really needs a Goldeneye style cheat menu, and cheats that are unlocked by completing levels in different ways. Having to find skulls is just a bit shit.

Agreed it needs a menu, but finding skulls is a fine way to gain the 'cheats'. I just wish they'd it easier to switch them on/off once gained. Can't be that hard.

Hey there!

I've just had my most fun so far playing through Delta Halo on Legendary today.

I had been playing through the game on Normal which to be honest was very nice but just a bit meh.

Delta Halo is without doubt my fave level so far and on Ledg. it is rock hard. And hard rocks at that.

Anyway taking a break earlier today for a cuppa and a quick read here and I spotted the skull thread. Nice, I now have a stealth suit (yes, only five seconds, but none the less, cool) andhave just arrived at the waterfall. Keep getting my head taken off but I will make it down the bottom eventually if the wank guitar doesn't drive me crazy first!

Stealth for the MC is teh cool.

1) In the large room after the armory, you need to use a duck-jump to get onto a light fixture on the right wall (right of the room when u enter) and then jump from there onto the higher area. There is a series of diagonal beams. Walk up one near to the end of it and use it to duck-jump onto one of the rails. You can fall between the rails, so be careful. Once on the rail, walk down it until you can jump onto the highest platform. Then bash the trashcan.

Difficulty: Legendary

Level: Cairo Station

Word: thunderstorm

Effect: ????????

Status: Ugh, the second hanger room sck0rz, and tips on getting past it?

2) At the beginning of Outskirts jump on top of the light on top of the door with a crouch jump, then jump to the left platform. Turn to your left and go down the long dark corridor and pick up the skull; it will say blind and your screen will flash black for a while. In this mode you can not see your weapon, body, shields, ammo, or radar.

Difficulty: Any

Level: Outskirts

Word: Blind

Effect: No HUD or weapons on screen

3) Right after u get out of the sewers(Tunnel), there is a big area and 2 ghosts, kill every thing first, then go to the middle of it where u see a arc that leads up onto a building, throw a nade down and jump by it to get enough height to start climbing it. when you get to the top take a left and hug the wall around the structure and the skull will be there, it says "catch"

Level: Metropolis

Word: Catch

Effect: ??????

4) I can add my confirmation to the list of those that have found the grunt birthday skull. Here are the instructions on finding it. First it can only be found on Legendary, my guess is that those of you who have been having trouble finding it, you are merely on the wrong difficulty setting, not looking in the wrong place. As for where its at, in the Arbiter level, the very first time you get a banshee, fly down, below you is a large beamlike structure (not to be confused with the one directly below you that turns and goes vertical) running from the arm of the station you just came out of to one exactly like it on the side opposite. Below this structure are 3 cylinders hanging down, with cylinders of light shooting out of the bottom that look like they are what keeps the station floating. If my explanation is too vague, they are the absolute lowest parts of the station. Now go to the middle engine and land on the top part of it. This and the other engines connect to the large structure mentioned earlier. The tops of the engines come up to meet the structure at an angle, where this angle is under the connecting structure and coming up to meet it, there is a place to walk (like being under a bridge). Under one side you will see the six grunts with the skull in the middle.

Level: The Arbiter

Word: Grunt Birthday Party

Effect: When you have gotten the grunt b-day party skull, bad guys will explode only when killed by a head shot. Even after their dead, if you shoot their head, they will explode. this is awesome....just shoot a grunt in the face and the dudes around him will die or get damaged.

5) I found another one in the ruins on Delta Halo. Current mission op: Push through Covenant-held ruins. When you first come out of the big building and see the turret and 5/6 shield up on the wall there is a wall over to the left hand side with the two grunt turrets on it, the big block and door are at the far end of that wall... In the room that the block is *ahem* blocking there are two dead grunts and two plasma swords... There's a door being blocked by a rock. Jump on the rock. Then jump on the ledge that's located above the blocked doorway. Turn left and jump up on another ledge. Grenade jump up to where you'll find Two Red Elites - That become cloaked, surrounding a skull. Pick it up, and it reads Envy. For the ENVY skull, you must play it on Legendary, it makes it so the when you press the white button, you cloak. This cloaking only lasts a few seconds (just like the Arbiter's armor) and can be used on any level and any difficulty after you get it.

Level: Delta Halo

Word: Envy

Effect: Cloak instead of Flashlight, 5 second cloak with 10 second recharge

6) Ok on Regret, just after you get off the gondola, and go in the structure, there is a big block of stone, jump on that an you can get on a ledge that leads out to the covie turrets, facing back towards the structure, jump up another level around the right side of the structure, It is pretty straight lined from here. You should find the Skull on a ledge when you make it around. I just got the Skull in Regret, this time in legendary mode. Instead of the "Blind" mode, I got "Assassins". No visible change to the HUD, BUT all enemies become invisible. ALL ENEMIES, including drones and Jackals.

Level: Regret

Word: Assassins

Effect: All enemies in game are permanently cloaked, AI cannot see them and so are no help at all.

7) So far, this only works on Legendary. Fight all the way through the Covenant city until you reach the outdoors. As soon as you are outside, stick to the right-hand side and walk along the wall. You should see a Covenant wall thingy with a red rail on it. Jump up to it (crouch jump helps) and at the end there is the Anger skull in a small grav-lift.

Level: Gravemind

Word: Anger

Effect: ???????

:D On the final grav-lift on "high Charity", look up. A skull will pass you by. Hold X as it passes you to receive the status (the Skull isn't there on Easy, but Legendary).

Level: High Charity

Word: Iron

Effect: ?????

Status

There..

It's amazing how slow Bungie's forums scroll for me.

Yep, No.5 is the one I have :lol:

Half way down the waterfall now and I'm a little worried about sticking my head out! Currently taking cover behind a rock :)

Try the Delta Halo level on Legendary for yourself, it's aces.