Roll Muck

Distinct muttering

Spawn Camping Vehicle Hogging Cunts :)

I realise the thread has since moved on to single word posts, but I feel I should apologise for camping your spawn on Terminal with the Wraith. Thing is, there's nothing else you can do with the Wraith on that level! And you did it to us on the first round :(

The Wraith blatantly shouldnt be on that level, there is no need for it.

Levels with Wraiths normally have a Banshee to counter it. 

It does encourage spawn camping and totally wrecks team slayer on that level.

It least it can be taken out on customs

I sort of agree it shouldn´t really be there on slayer, but the Wraith is easily countered by the gauss hog and the rocket launcher. If there´s a good connection the gauss hog is a lot more deadly than the wraith anyway.

I sort of agree it shouldn´t really be there on slayer, but the Wraith is easily countered by the gauss hog and the rocket launcher. If there´s a good connection the gauss hog is a lot more deadly than the wraith anyway.

The problem is Atarian that the hog spawns in the base which can just be repeatedly bombarded by the wraith meaning you never get it out the garage.

Anyway, there always ways round these things, but imo the wraith has ruined a number of the games I have played on that level. Hopefully firther play will reveal new counter tactics and it wont seem so overpowering.

Yeah, that's a good point. At the very least the attacker's vehicles should spawn in a shielded area.

Then again, you can easily rush the Wraith in a Ghost and hopefully take it out before it does any damage (as I did to a whinging bigboss on the weekend :) ). But of course the defender's Ghost can stop this.

Man, that was weird. You rushed me, I thought "shit" but I had time to get in and shoot you... but... it wouldn't shoot. My Wraith just would not fire! I was yelling "It won't shoot.. it won't fucking shoot!"

Yeah, it takes a while to power up when you get in. Anyway, the wraith is vulnerable to boarding from walkways higher up when it leaves the courtyard. And don´t forget it goes down quickly when your team are able to concentrate fire on it.

It´s powerful, but you can counter it. I think the hardness makes it more interesting, like assault as ct on the old Counterstrike.

Yeah, it takes a while to power up when you get in. Anyway, the wraith is vulnerable to boarding from walkways higher up when it leaves the courtyard. And don´t forget it goes down quickly when your team are able to concentrate fire on it.

It´s powerful, but you can counter it. I think the hardness makes it more interesting, like assault as ct on the old Counterstrike.

Yeah, it's true, having little foot-soldiers taking down a Wraith is immensely satisfying. Always reminds me of the Rebels taking down the Super Star Destroyer in Return of the Jedi ;)

Another time on Terminal, I think you got in the Wraith Atarian, but I lobbed all my stickies onto to before you got powered up, knackering it. :D

Is that a new thing, the Wraith having to warm up? I'm sure it never had to do that in the past.

Don´t know really, usually you have plenty of time to board it and get going.

[geek]Worryingly the taking down of Executor was the result of a semi-intentional kamikaze attack by Arvel Crynid in his clipped A-wing. Better compare it to downing an AT-AT, alright. [/geek]

Don´t know really, usually you have plenty of time to board it and get going.

[geek]Worryingly the taking down of Executor was the result of a semi-intentional kamikaze attack by Arvel Crynid in his clipped A-wing. Better compare it to downing an AT-AT, alright. [/geek]

But that's not entirely true is it? Admiral Ackbar orders the fleet to concentrate fire on the SSD. They take its shields down, then the A-wing finishes it off by destroying the un-shielded bridge :ph34r:

But that's not entirely true is it? Admiral Ackbar orders the fleet to concentrate fire on the SSD. They take its shields down, then the A-wing finishes it off by destroying the un-shielded bridge  :ph34r:

Still, they aren't foot soldiers are they? In Star Wars I mean.

Guys, remember we have a clan match against EVT next Wednesday!

We are going to nominate 2 games each, and if it goes all the way then the last game will be decided by team traning.

so have some thoughts on gametypes and maps and post them in here.

Maybe we could ressurect our old forum for some tactical chit chat on the games we go for.

those that put their names down keep your diary free that night!

How´s that going to work? Won´t the teams be randomized?

does it split you up if you are already arranged in teams? I think it does actually.

Blame tbb, it was his idea :)

We will come up with something, just get thinking on two gametypes. I suggest we try to get at least on objectove game in there, Im sure they will go for two slayers.