IGNORED

Cs Source

oli

according to the KSA guys, theres no stats available yet. As I understand it, all that stuff is to do with the AMX mod which isnt css compatible yet. Obviously theres other things like mani mod etc. which we can get, but for now we can go without stats I reckon.

I would like to point out that today is sunday, so nothing's gonna happen today if we do pay :D

Ok, so are we all happy going with fpsservers? We can change after a month if we don't like it.

Edit: onion has the latests lists below. VVV

Ok, so are we all happy going with fpsservers? We can change after a month if we don't like it.

Who's willing to contribute?

Target: £40 per month

Suizid £5

Scribble £5

Total £10

why is it £40 a month? i just want to know what exactly we get for that. how many people can go into the server etc, and what kind of admin tools can we use

Some good games tonight lads :P

There was a player called [MonkeY] playing as well, if you noticed him. He organises the occasional LAN party around this area, so if anyone's interested (South Wales, to be practical) and would want to attend, then give us a shout. He says that the next one should be in February. It's not just CS though, there's a few other ones as well.

Whoops, sorry. It's all on the site, but seeing as you're obviously feeling lazy, i'll post it here too. :(

As per onion's suggestion:

CS: Source

18 Player slots

Public Server

Branded title

Voice server (normally Ventrilo)

No bandwidth limit

5 gigs of map/mod space (!), ftpable

Webadmin (for restarting game)

ssh

Full rcon access

Admin mod (if available)

Stats (coming as and when)

Edit: That's £37.odd, but instead of arguing over the pennies, I thought we could pool the extra for inter-clan prizes :P

i'm good for £5 a month, providing i could set it up as a standing order/direct debit, otherwise i'd just forget to do it every month

You could just do me a cheque for a years worth and i ll pay it for you lad :P

One thing.. some people are saying they're willing to stump up £10/month instead of £5.. how about we find out how much each of us is willing to pay and get the best server we can afford for the money rather than deciding on a server and then getting more money in than is needed?

So far, I think, its:

Suizid - £10

Scribble - £10

The-G - £10

McHugh - £5

Onion - £10

Tracer (?) - £5

Devilfish (?) - £5

So we can get £50/month (if my guessing is right), plus whatever other people chip in. Thats more than enough for a public unbranded 20 player server.. and thats only coz the fpsclanservers.net site only has options to go to 20 players.. we might be able to have more.

how about we find out how much each of us is willing to pay and get the best server we can afford for the money rather than deciding on a server and then getting more money in than is needed?

Fair dos. Put me for a tenner too then - I was going to suggest this, but didn't want to be cheeky :(

They say in their FAQ that you can request more player slots, but it takes them a bit longer to set up.

Edit: i'll mail them now and ask what they'll charge for bigger servers.

Just so we're not rushing into this:

24 player, branded, public - prices are per month

================================

multiplay.co.uk - £60

inx - £60

clan-serv - £60

warservers - £70

instantgameserver.com/game2xs.com - £55 (+£10 discount as part of a promotion at the mo, includes five PsyBNC proxy accounts and a 20 slot Teamspeak 2 channel)

www.nbkservers.co.uk - £50 (3 month min contract)

clanlife.com - £48.95 (teamspeak extra - £8 for 20 players)

fpsclanservers.net - £waiting for reply

If we are going to get a bad ass server, lets get one. Might as well.

10-20 Player Type D Public Server

Type: Online Managed Service

Availability: usually available within 24 hours.

Price: £47.50 inc VAT

Product Description

Please note that this product is currently part of a special promotion, as such you will receive a £10.00 inc VAT discount when making your purchase.

Our clan servers come in various sizes (or "bands") and are all "multi-game" capable - what's more you can then swap between supported games without any limitation or cost! You can find a complete breakdown of exactly what this product can run by looking at the "Player Limits" heading below!

* Hosted on "big-iron" Intel 2x P4 Xeon 3.066 Ghz CPUs with 2.5GB of RAM.

* Unlimited 1000 megabit per second fully-international Internet connection.

* Choice of over 125 different games and over 1000 different add-ons, with automatic patching.

* FTP game server access.

* 24/7 support via online ticket system and office hours telephone support.

* 7-day "no quibble" money-back guarantee.

This server can be made public or private at your discretion, it is branded and is required to have "game2xs.com" in the server name.

Included with this product are five PsyBNC proxy accounts and a 16 slot Teamspeak 2 channel.

Interested in taking this Instant Game Server for a test drive? You can arrange for a free 24 hour trial.

http://www.instantgameserver.com/engine.php?page=view&p=69

:(

What's unbranded mean?

Also, even if the server could hold 24+ wouldn't Source start lagging at around 10v10 anyway?

I've played on 32 player servers which don't lag up - Simiancage for example....

I think a 20 player server would be a lot better than 16....