IGNORED

James Cameron Returns with Avatar

Vemsie

• 3 weeks later...

New Trailer Soon

Denofgeek.com

Well, from the end of this week, Fox is having another go to woo moviegoers round. Kicking off in American cinemas from this weekend is a brand new trailer of Avatar, which is - get this - three minutes and 30 seconds long. According to Coming Soon, which has confirmed the news, "We've learned that this is THE trailer, the one that will show you much more story."

Fox will start running the trailer this weekend, kicking off from Friday 23rd October, and it'll not be releasing it online for another week. Thus, you can check back on Friday 30th October, when we'll have the trailer - or at least a pointer to it - right here, but this is probably one that's good to catch in its natural home, on the big screen.

It's been a troubling couple of months for the promotional campaign for Avatar, but let's hope this is where things improve. Because, as we've said umpteen times before, our ticket to this has been sold for months. Here's hoping the new trailer delivers.

From /film and Spoiler TV

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2009/10/av...promo-pics.html

First off, this trailer has a lot of the same footage already in the first teaser. It was only about halfway through that I realized that this was the new trailer. This one has a lot more plot in it, they introduce the female Na’vi character and the romance between her and the main character. We get to see a lot of cool images, like the evil human general character (I’m assuming he’s evil) in a giant mech destroying things, but with a cup of coffee in his hands. We also get glimpses of the Michelle Rodriguez character (she says something along the lines of, “We’re going up against machines and all we’ve got are sticks!” so I’m assuming she joins the good guys) and some of the other Na’vi. I don’t remember too many of the other details. Overall though, this trailer had a much more epic feel to it. I was one of the many who was disappointed when the teaser was revealed, but this has brought my hype level up.

post-242-1256242759_thumb.jpg

post-242-1256242780_thumb.jpg

post-242-1256242847_thumb.jpg

This film is going to be stunning. IMHO

I have always found Jim Camerons films to be excellent, yes even Titanic. Roll on dec, and im going to book tickets for the Manchester Imax, and my local Odeon. Cant wait for xmas now

Pandora looks amazing as well. It looks so damn lifelike, as if they really shot it at an alien planet.

Loved the underwater shot and scene with the guy casually sipping on his coffee while the mechs lay waste to Pandora.

That Comingsoon clip Goose linked to, has some great looking scenes as well.

I really need to see it in HD, as I still don't think the effects look too good in that trailer. There's just something about it that's stopping it from being believable for me.

Hate to tell you this but I think that trailer is in HD. There's even a HD+ version available. Apple's HD version should be online sometime this evening but I don't know how much difference there will be.

Hate to tell you this but I think that trailer is in HD. There's even a HD+ version available. Apple's HD version should be online sometime this evening but I don't know how much difference there will be.

I don't get some of these supposed HD links. I actually clicked the HD+ button on there before watching it, but when I made it full screen it had the quality of shaky-cam footage.

The 'only in cinemas' message at the end of that feature sounds ominous. Is this a ploy to get people to watch it multiple times? Also, that score is sounding extremely weak, especially given that it's Horner.

They seem to throw "only in cinemas" or "only in theatres" at the end of trailers all the time. It means nothing except "this isn't out on video until after it's been at the cinema", but of course you're meant to infer "you'll never see this anywhere else".