My First Ever Go Of Outrun 2

Thread Owner

Ok so these topics are normally a bit dubious but...I've never played it before. Now it can't be that hard, because I took all "Left" routes, until the final turn - so I was to finish on B.

I failed about 50 metres from the line. 98%. GUTTED :unsure:

Not bad though, and I'm just amazed how far we've come. The game is BEAUTIFUL.

You know.

I had a party tonight, and after playing project gotham 2, halo 2, toca and various other newish games - Outrun 2 shone.

Everyone was loving how refreshing, fast and great looking the game was. What a legend.

Outrun 2. Get some of that in.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So this time I try the first car.

Go left EVERY time.

It's gonna be tight....time runs out....I pull up....ON THE LINE.

The stats read that I'm 100% on the final stage. :unsure:

But I lost! I know as the bint next to me is slapping me.

You know.

I had a party tonight, and after playing project gotham 2, halo 2, toca and various other newish games - Outrun 2 shone.

Everyone was loving how refreshing, fast and great looking the game was. What a legend.

Yep! Loving that old school fun vibe. A game that's not afraid to be a game...and not a driving simulator, or a movie/cum unfinished shoot me up :unsure:

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So this time I try the first car.

Go left EVERY time.

It's gonna be tight....time runs out....I pull up....ON THE LINE.

The stats read that I'm 100% on the final stage. :unsure:

But I lost!

That's on easy! ffs!

You need to be hardcore! like me!

I was put off buying Outrun 2 because everyone said Burnout 3 was better. I thought Burnout 3 was an over-rated heap of shit (and I want my forty quid back, GamesTM), so I didn't buy Outrun 2. I'm starting to think I missed out.

I've got both and Outrun 2 has had more game time. Burnout's only redeeming feature (IM ever-so HO) is Road Rage, which I could play for hours.

Outrun 2 is just perfect, in that it does exactly what you expect it to do. And racing against friends on Live is mucho fun.

Going left every time is the easy route.

Having said that its not that hard to finish any of the routes on the default difficulty - much harder is trying to learn each route so that you dont ever have to brake with the fastest car :unsure:.

The drifting is just so well done - it takes hours and hours to properly use.

Outrun 2 is a game, through and through - but stick to manual gears! Drifting through those corners by quickly dipping down a gear then coming back up almost immediately brings you closer to the apex and results in almost no loss of speed.

And us Outrun 2 lovers should get together for a game. On live, the game is fantastic.

I was put off buying Outrun 2 because everyone said Burnout 3 was better. I thought Burnout 3 was an over-rated heap of shit (and I want my forty quid back, GamesTM), so I didn't buy Outrun 2. I'm starting to think I missed out.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=65245

£20 in gamestation when bought with anything else. Offer them 1p for a bit of fluff?

Have they fixed the Live issues yet?

I haven't gone back to Live since the scoreboards broke and the letter-tiled white screen of death crashed my Xbox for the umpteenth time.

I see that the Japanese version contains a fair set of tweaks, so I hope these are available to download at some point.

Outrun2 Challenge mode is the best tutorial in history. It is excellent fun, unlocks heaps of extra, and, possibly most importantly, it teaches you every single stage, and improves your driving skill out of sight. The best thing is, you don't even realise how much you have improved until you go back to arcade mode.

It's amazing this thread has got to page 2 without somebody piping in and saying 'Burnout3 is loads better'. Which it patently isn't, to my mind.

I rather suspect I'll still be playing Outrun2 for years and years. It's a thing of rare beauty, and beautifully designed.

:(

Burnout 3 is loads different

You know.

This post reads like an old Atari add.