Gamestm - Retro Special

roberthazelby

It's in the shops already ? Strider said it wasn't due until Friday. I bet my local WHSmith will get rid of it when the new issue comes out on Thursday.

Hey, I'm as shocked as you are. (heads off to the basement to see if he can blag any free copies)

Edit - lovely jubbly, just picked up 4 copies from the basement B)

You see, I'm undecided about buying this or the Retro Gamer collection - could someone please recommend the better read?

I'd go for the gamesTM edition, as the Retro gamer anthology is more than likely going to be entirely about the genius of Matthew Smith.

I'll probably buy them both. I'm assuming the retro gamer will escalate to 50quid on ebay next year... :D

Doubtful, it's mostly reused content (32 pages are new, but that incldues, yet another Matthew Smith feature). So it's unlikley to receive the same fantatical following.

If you're still wondering though you can have 164 pages of retrogamer spec lists for £7.99, or 260 gorgeous looking pages that actually talk about games for a paltry £2 more.

Granted, Retro doesn't contain any new content, but how many times do you want to keep on reading about Matthew Smith?

Buy Retro and remember that you'll be helping my daughter get through university.

What's the cover looking like ? Only I'm sending my Dad into WHSmith to get me a copy tomorrow & I don't want him bringing home a copy of Gamesmaster or Razzle...

Razzle?

Exactly how would GamesTM look like razzle?

It's printed on far thicker paper.

as good as teh 1st retro edge edition?

No, because it's a diffrent type of bookazine.

If I recall correctly, the first Edge retro was an amazing collection of all new content that hadn't appeared in the mag before. This is more akin to the Edge retro that had the making of pieces that had previously been covered in the magazine.

Just checked my local WHSmiths and they don't have this or the Retro Mag special :P

Really want to get both of them.

Mine neither - I am gonna wait till the offical on-sale dates (2nd and 3rd) and if they still haven't got them, I shall have to buy them via mail order - which is a bit annoying!