Mario 128 Rumours

eves pudding

It's been widely reported that Miyamoto said this in a recent interview

"'The next Mario, which we still are calling Mario 128, will be released for the Nintendo GameCube when it is complete,' he said, 'Though at this time, I cannot comment on when you will see this game launch.'"

I would be suprised to see it turn up on Gamecube though, Zelda seems to be the main upcoming super title for the Gamecube (perhaps next Christmas)

But didn't Nintendo slam Microsoft for trying to force in the next set of consoles anyway? Perhaps they're trying to make a point. Hey, maybe they're getting REALLY good and are already planning to release a new Mario and Zelda for Revolution launch as well!

Well, maybe not. :)

I'd much rather they had it as a launch title for Revolution to be honest.

Releasing it for what is essentially, a dead console, seems a little stupid to me. :)

Same with the new Zelda. Mario and Zelda at the Revolution launch would be amazing.

See here's the thing...the Cube isn't dead (in Europe sure...but world wide no)

So plenty of revenue to be had from sales of the two biggest Nintendo franchises.

Do you see?

See here's the thing...the Cube isn't dead (in Europe sure...but world wide no)

So plenty of revenue to be had from sales of the two biggest Nintendo franchises.

Do you see?

yeah but then we won't have a Mario title for launch again.

didn't they learn from last time.

I just suprised anyone thinks this game actually exists in any form other than at best a tech demo that's been chopped and changed a hundred or so times at NCL.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'd say the safer bet would be that another Mario platformer won't be on the 'Cube.

I just suprised anyone thinks this game actually exists in any form other than at best a tech demo that's been chopped and changed a hundred or so times at NCL.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'd say the safer bet would be that another Mario platformer won't be on the 'Cube.

What makes you think this?

What makes you think this?

Just the whole can't show you anything stuff that's been around since this title as been rumoured.

I just fail to see the game turning up anytime soon, and I never bought the Sunshine was just a side project to it. I think Sunshine was rushed to get a Mario game out and I must admit that I really enjoyed it, but over two years have passed since that game was launched and Mario 128 is still not in showable form?

I think Miyamoto has made some great games, but to be honest he does seem to waffle a load of old bollocks during interviews. As I've said I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong, but it still sounds to me when you read between the lines that it's at design stage/tech demo rather than a fully blown development.

I think Miyamoto has made some great games, but to be honest he does seem to waffle a load of old bollocks during interviews. As I've said I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong, but it still sounds to me when you read between the lines that it's at design stage/tech demo rather than a fully blown development.

Peter%20Molyneux.jpg

I'll reckon Mario'll be gay.

SHOCK REVELATION. Any other ideas? 'Cept for 'two jetpacks'?

It's finally reveled that Toads an informant to Bowser and the link to the serial kidnappings of Princess Peach, which leads to an epic biblical style slaugher of all the Toadites in the Mushroom Kingdom in a platform stylee.

"It's finally reveled that Toads an informant to Bowser and the link to the serial kidnappings of Princess Peach, which leads to an epic biblical style slaugher of all the Toadites in the Mushroom Kingdom in a platform stylee."

Mario's backpack could be filled with a fungicidal agent

But I like Toad ;)

I think Miyamoto has made some great games, but to be honest he does seem to waffle a load of old bollocks during interviews.

Part of it is due to his humour not really translating very well.

I remember when he was joking about Sonic being in GameCube Mario Kart, every website and magazine had it as a news article, some going as far as suggesting it was the precursor to a buyout of Sega.