A Great Review Of Goldeneye Rogue Agent

Karzee

Check out Eurogamer's review.

Phrases such as:

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent isn't a truly excellent game. It's not a mediocre game. In fact, it's not even a passable game; it's a disastrous car-wreck of a game, the kind of embarrassment that will quietly get dropped from the CVs of those who worked on it
The horribly rendered video sequences are edited together with all the skill and grace you might expect from a chimpanzee set loose on a copy of Final Cut after drinking a jug of espresso,
you can count the polygons in some scenes without running out of fingers and toes
EA hasn't even bothered trying to polish this turd, they just wrapped it in multi-coloured Christmas tree lights and hoped nobody would notice the stink.
there's a niggling annoyance at seeing how much creative licence EA have been given with this much-loved franchise, only to produce such a shoddy and badly-conceived game; it's like watching a tramp drink a bottle of Middleton Very Rare whiskey or Bollinger champagne and then piss all over himself under a railway bridge.

I do like it when reviewers put some venom into their dislike of a game.

they won't.

exactly.

it's odd though EA were getting much better. the LOTR games while not special were decent fun games that intergrated the license well. Well except the last one of course. Even EoN showed that they were trying to do something worthwhile even if they weren't quite there yet.

so is this the start of them going down hill again?

exactly.

it's odd though EA were getting much better. the LOTR games while not special were decent fun games that intergrated the license well. Well except the last one of course. Even EoN showed that they were trying to do something worthwhile even if they weren't quite there yet.

so is this the start of them going down hill again?

The Golden Axe esque LOTR games were made by Stormfront Studios (who also did Demon Stone).

they won't.

I tell you who should care... the owners of the Bond IP, crap like this constantly being churned out damages their brand. Maybe Warner have the right idea with that 'cash for quality' scheme they were thinking about.

Oh, G:RA seems lika an AAA game, perhaps I should pick it up... after I've completed HL2(and played it online for x hours), MP2(and then, perhaps hard mode(does MP2 have it?)), Halo 2(and playing it online for x hours), Paper Mario 2, VJ2, SM64DS, Vampire:Bloodlines, etc...

Oh, it seems like I don't have the time...

The folks on the MI6 forum are fuming over Eurogamer's score. Apparently a lot of them are enjoying the game!

I feel your pain Wahwah, but he's not alone I'm sure. I just think the less you're into games, the more you appreciate the EA approach. None too taxing, predictable, official and essentially, a carbon copy of the game that came before. I really thought EA were turning a corner quality wise, as I still stand by EoN as one of the finest action games out there. I imagine the follow up to that is currently in development in time for next Christmas, hopefully that will repair some of the damage.

Out of interest these are the current scores round up (shamelessly pinched from the MI6 forums).

Maxim Magazine - 4.0 / 5.0

Official XBOX Magazine - 8.0 / 10.0

Yahoo! Games - 8.0 / 10.0

PSM Magazine - 6.5 / 10.0

IGN XBOX - 6.5 / 10.0

TotalGames.net - 64% / 100%

Gamespot.com - 6.3 / 10.0

Edge - 5.0 / 10.0

1up.com - 3.0 / 10.0

MI6.co.uk - 7.0 / 10.0

Worthplay- 8.5/10

Gamebiz- 7.8/10

Gamefreaks365- 8.5/10

So Edge gave it a five! Does anyone else who's played the game stand by that score, or is utter rubbish.

you forgot the GamesTM score Robo.

i am really tempted to download this just to see what the fuss is about but then i wouldn't be able to play Halo 2 online.

Apparently the LOTR PC strategy game is total wank, too. So that makes The Third Age, Goldeneye: RA, and LOTR: BFMA - three of EA's biggest games this year - totally awful.

Are you sure that's not War of The Ring that's rubbish? The sierra published RTS. Battle for Middle Earth looks very tasty and is done by the C&C Generals crew.