A Great Review Of Goldeneye Rogue Agent

Karzee

Ohhhhh, and to add insult to injury, EA have apparently commisioned a survey, which funnily enough goes onto rubbish Bond's current credibility, and concludes that most people prefer the loveable rouge than the suave English gent.

Linkage

So with the release of Goldeneye: Rouge Agent, it seems EA are intent on not only pissing off game fans, but Bond fans too. FFS :o:huh::lol:

The original game Goldeneye proved that you didn't need a brand new film or hot license to sell a game...

At the time Goldeneye came out, it was a 2 year old film and people were suspicious of Bond games and movie licenses in general.

But, tbh, the majority of folks buying/receiving Goldeneye:Makeup Agent, they've had no experience of one of the best FPS' of all time.

In terms of the last acceptable Bond game, I'd have to say that TWINE was alright. Scraping a 6/10 kind of alright. It's when they started adding fucking car chases and the likes that it all appeared to go horribly wrong.

Anyways, Tomorrow Never Dies was the last acceptable Bond film, so I guess as long as punters are willing to watch shite Bond films, they'll be happy enough to shell out £40 to play shite Bond games.

If Ewan McGregor plays Bond in a movie directed by someone who has actually made a good non-action film then I might start giving a fuck again.

I never knew that, but then the Medal of Honour series has been declining since it moved to PS2 and Xbox, story of EA's life. But nonetheless, the game still sells loads, I don't understand why.

It's because gameconcept and presentation sell. Quality is basically irrelevant. Same story as the movie-lover who hates people who go to Spiderman 2 and insist they should watch some French art-noir movie. Or a music-lover who thinks that you listen to Mozart instead of the usual top of the pops stuff. We r teh geeks :(

Quality is basically irrelevant. Same story as the movie-lover who hates people who go to Spiderman 2 and insist they should watch some French art-noir movie.

Er... movie-lovers liked Spiderman 2. Teh geeks worshipped it, had a pretty decent screenplay and everything.

It's more stuff like Van Helsing that you're talking about, surely.....

lol

there's a niggling annoyance at seeing how much creative licence EA have been given with this much-loved franchise, only to produce such a shoddy and badly-conceived game; it's like watching a tramp drink a bottle of Middleton Very Rare whiskey or Bollinger champagne and then piss all over himself under a railway bridge.

Really? PC Zone went mad for it, and barring a few slip-ups I find them generally quite reliable.

PC Gamer called it (LOTR: TBFME) 'a major disappointment', scoring it 73%. There have been quite a few PC RTS's released this year that are much better (Warhammer 40k, Ground Control 2, Perimeter, and of course Rome: TW).

In terms of the last acceptable Bond game, I'd have to say that TWINE was alright. Scraping a 6/10 kind of alright. It's when they started adding fucking car chases and the likes that it all appeared to go horribly wrong.

Anyways, Tomorrow Never Dies was the last acceptable Bond film, so I guess as long as punters are willing to watch shite Bond films, they'll be happy enough to shell out £40 to play shite Bond games.

If Ewan McGregor plays Bond in a movie directed by someone who has actually made a good non-action film then I might start giving a fuck again.

Goldeneye was the last decent Bond film.

Tomorrow Never Dies had an awful bad-guy, a shitty sidekick, and it wasn't half as sharp and witty as Goldeneye.

SO THERE.

Er... movie-lovers liked Spiderman 2. Teh geeks worshipped it, had a pretty decent screenplay and everything.

It's more stuff like Van Helsing that you're talking about, surely.....

Van Helsing is a better example yes, thanks B)