So, You're Useless At Halo 2?

Rev

:) Anyone still on this then, dudes?

I just started my month's free trial of Live Gold, after which time I imagine I'll let it lapse, but till then I quite like the idea of caning the crap out of Halo 2 online. My tag is RobertLang, please add!

I hate Halo 2.

:(:(:(:(;):(:(:(:(

:(

Despite this fact, you keep posting in this thread Panda. It wouldn't kill you to say something vaguely positive once in a while.

The binning of 6v6 was clearly a fucking stupid idea on Bungie's part, especially since Skirmish could and should have gone instead, but I've curbed my rage by only playing a week, usually with Wah, Atarian and whoever else happens to be on (not Bilco though as he has a problem explaining to his parents who gets to use the TV after 10pm), and only playing for a couple of hours rather than the epic nights of old from 10pm until 4am.

Yes, we inevitably get shit games full of wanker Americans, modder fucks, de-rankers or guys above their actual rank, but you know what? It's worth it, because every so often we get those games where the Halo magic kicks in and everything is perfect. And if we get a lot of shit games in a row, we call a night. Simple as that.

As for RL666, add Talvalin to your friends list. The remaining nubes usually play on Thursday/Friday nights from about 10/11pm, with occasional weekend action. I'm aiming to be on tonight, and Wah should be around too.

The binning of 6v6 was clearly a fucking stupid idea on Bungie's part, especially since Skirmish could and should have gone instead, but I've curbed my rage by only playing a week, usually with Wah, Atarian and whoever else happens to be on (not Bilco though as he has a problem explaining to his parents who gets to use the TV after 10pm), and only playing for a couple of hours rather than the epic nights of old from 10pm until 4am.

Yes, we inevitably get shit games full of wanker Americans, modder fucks, de-rankers or guys above their actual rank, but you know what? It's worth it, because every so often we get those games where the Halo magic kicks in and everything is perfect. And if we get a lot of shit games in a row, we call a night. Simple as that.

o/\o

Atarian, Talvalin and Me, up a tree, playing halo... i-n-g....

hmmm

well i still constantly moan about the lag/latency when i'm playing but i still love it. problem is, there's hardly anybody ever on these days.

i'm constantly badgering wah for a few games but he always* blows me out. i ocassionaly get a few games with atarian or hitcher, but i'd really like a group of 4.

so let me know when you're all going to play. i really miss the days when everyone on my friends list was playing. :P

So how does one tell if other players are cheating then? I've had a couple of games where opponents have teleported in zig-zags, and a fair number where supposedly low-level people have joined and then kicked absurd amounts of arse, winning the game by a massive margin in minutes. I take it these are all examples of naughtiness?

I've got up to lv.13 playing Rumble Pit games, but am likely to be useless in a team situation as yet. I also still feel utterly foolish talking into the headset.

So how does one tell if other players are cheating then? I've had a couple of games where opponents have teleported in zig-zags, and a fair number where supposedly low-level people have joined and then kicked absurd amounts of arse, winning the game by a massive margin in minutes. I take it these are all examples of naughtiness?

I've got up to lv.13 playing Rumble Pit games, but am likely to be useless in a team situation as yet. I also still feel utterly foolish talking into the headset.

Players zigzagging around the map could be cheating or just really bad lag. Cheaters tend to be able to jump 100ft in the air and kill with one shot also, you'll more than likely realise when you come across them - it'll only be on the new downloadable maps too. The lowlevel players being good is probably some Level 45 player using a 2nd account to pwn some n00bs, it isn't cheating per se - just general cuntistry.

Don't worry about the headset thing, everyone is the same when they first start playing on Live.

it isn't cheating per se - just general cuntistry.

:wub:

I like that word, though I can't see myself using it anytime soon. The original form is one of those words that I only use when I'm very drunk and angry, or pissed off at American fucktards on Halo. Hmm, so quite often then.

Anyway, RL666, don't worry about being shit in a team game. I've been playing for a year and I'm almost always LVP* and I talk random bullshit constantly down the headset. This may not be encouraging you to join us for a few games. Oh well.

Sorry for not playing on Thursday strawdonkey. I wound up having a short-notice phone interview at 9am on the Friday so had to spend Thursday night preparing and then getting a good night's sleep. This week is also a bit rubbish as I have to stay in a bloody hotel tonight and Thursday night for support, but I'll be around on Friday night. Can you darlings wait that long for me?

Make a date with me Jon and I won't stand you up like that bastard Wah.

*Least Valuable Player

you're both full of shit. taking into consderation my lag/latency difficulties i'm by far the worst nube.

...and tal, i'll be taking you up on that offer soon - what's your msn?

No, sorry. Just seen this.

Too much rad gnarly powder to be riding.

Dude, you so missed out last night. Amazing scenes in an epic series of games from 11pm right through until 4am. Jon, Wah, Bilco, Atarian, Rob (the new guy) all played, Jon had less lag than usual and things were pretty much perfect in match-making (BTB Skirmish gave us loads of 6v6 games). :P

Apparently I cheated massively in the custom games by using the sword/shotgun/sniper/any weapon whilst hosting. Whatever Bilco. 27 host kills in your face. lolz!

Apparently I cheated massively in the custom games by using the sword/shotgun/sniper/any weapon whilst hosting. Whatever Bilco. 27 host kills in your face. lolz!

We didn't say you were cheating. Just that you had a massive advantage on everyone else. That two seconds of extra average life time you had when we tested it showed that you could have fired at me for that amount of time before I would know about it* I think from now on you should only be allowed to used plasma pistols and beatdowns in custom games. It's the only fair way really.

*Shut up.

Cock, if only I hadn't had to get up early this morning.

It's alright, I told bilco he wasn't well liked.

I think from now on you should only be allowed to used plasma pistols and beatdowns in custom games. It's the only fair way really.

:P

Maybe one game as a trial, but it'd have to be something like Midship or Warlock otherwise I'll just be cannon fodder. Which I imagine would suit everyone else perfectly. :(

The lowlevel players being good is probably some Level 45 player using a 2nd account to pwn some n00bs, it isn't cheating per se - just general cuntistry.

Not always the case - the people I play with are all level 30-40 but at those levels you get matched against cheaters most of the time so we make 2nd accounts. The first few games can be a bit silly but from level 10 onwards it's people doing the same <_<

Not always cunts.