So, You're Useless At Halo 2?

Rev

Wow, that's wicked Ben.

It's a vs only game really, but you can play coop vs bots. A few people leave their xboxs as dedicated servers, that people just jump onto and join a side ad hoc, whilst the game goes on. Sounds weird, and is at first, but the way it's set up, it works.

When there's a bunch of us, we'll set up our own games, but me and Jimmy have just been jumping onto servers that are running.

Bilco should have Don's copy today as well, if Royal Mail have performed. So, if he has, it might be an idea to go on for a bit of coop vs bots, just toget a feel for it. I'm out tonight, I think, but I could play this afternoon, or tomorrow.

I think I might post a thread in online, too. Now this is backwards compatible, there might be a few other people that feel like joining us.

My copy of Counterstrike arrived today, it works fine :)

Is it co-op as well as vs online?

Wicked cool!

Its a two team game with an objective (although it's not critical). Its a bit like big team battle I suppose. Key features of it is that you only have one life per 5 minute round and you have to buy weapons and amour each round.

No single player and no co-op either.

Bee-Jay: I think it's only Talvalin and srgbilco who don't have copies now. They should join us too.

Cool, sounds good. I'll be the first to admit I'm not the greatest at objective games but as long as I can still shoot people in the head repeatedly I'll be more than happy. I did have it a while ago but never gave it a great deal of time, as it was just myself who had it on my friends list and had never played anything like it before it was a bit overwhelming - especially the buying weapons and ammo thing. For all its many flaws, Perfect Dark Zero does a pretty good CounterStrike Lite online in Dark Ops so I'm not quite so clueless about it now.

I'm going out this afternoon but should be about tomorrow evening. I'm building my character up on Links too, I still can't seem to get the hang of chipping from near the green but it still plays as well as I remember - despite the slightly nasty loading times.

Also, has anyone else got Rogue Trooper? I went on a Xbox360 B/C buying spree and picked that up, I think it's 4 player co-op over Live.

Cool, sounds good. I'll be the first to admit I'm not the greatest at objective games but as long as I can still shoot people in the head repeatedly I'll be more than happy.

It's all objectives, but it doesn't really play like objective games in Halo, where the flag or the bomb is the most important thing. The objective serves more as a way to force the action, and most rounds play more like Slayer than Assault.

Come play too, Jon. There's no battle rifles in CS, you'll love it.

Yeah, but getting shot through a wall might confuse him. :)

(remember boys, don't hide behind corrugated iron or wooden walls, as high power rifles and desert eagle bullets go through them)

Also, has anyone else got Rogue Trooper? I went on a Xbox360 B/C buying spree and picked that up, I think it's 4 player co-op over Live.

I wouldn't mind giving Rogue Trooper a spin online. I think Don's got a copy too.

Goodness, look where I am! Two things for me to do while I'm here...firstly, my awesome DJ STRYKER! tape, as a little present to the nubes...

cassetteqx6.jpg

How cool is that? I wish it was real.

Secondly, whose up for a trip to Bath in October then? It's the perfect opportunity for you bunch of massive gays to come and see what life is like in the sexy South again...and this time I will get in to the Fez! How about it?

why would that confuse me, it's happened to me in halo enough times.

;)

Yeah, pretty much. I might have a look at my local WHSmith for a copy, except I don't know if the city branch still sells (Xbox) games. Or I could pay £2.50 and buy beejay's spare copy. Decisions decisions!

And Rev? Any chance of Rev?

I'd love to, but I haven't got it. Great game though, I entered a LAN gaming tournament and everything* on the original PC version. It gets boring quite quickly, but the initial learning curve is great.

If someone sells me a copy I've got about a fiver burning a hole in paypal.

*Well, we went out in the first round. And it was only two minutes from my uni flat. But I was the best player on our team. Eight kills bitch.

I'd love to, but I haven't got it. Great game though, I entered a LAN gaming tournament and everything* on the original PC version. It gets boring quite quickly, but the initial learning curve is great.

If someone sells me a copy I've got about a fiver burning a hole in paypal.

Beejay wants a mere half that, if he hasn't sold it yet:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?s=&sh...dpost&p=3366302

YES

No. I bought a copy from eBay, and then Benito picked me a brand new sealed one up from WHSmiths too, so I have two copies.

But if it makes you feel better Jimmy, yes, I'm leaving.

Thats character assassination that is. I put a <_< -face and I still look like the bad guy don't I?

Anyway, Preacher! Preacher has yet to get a copy and I'll bet he'd like to give it a whirl.

I doubt it, I'm going to Sheffield in November though, possibly. And ZOK - I paid for that LP.

CS arrived this morning, so I'll get on at some point.

Unrelated question - would someone like to take part in some Disposable Media market research? About 5 quick questions about a couple of new DM projects. Drop me a PM if so, it'd be very, very appreciated.