IGNORED

Rllmuk Film Of The Month (december)

oli

it doesnt spoil the film for me, but i cant help spotting a few pedantic continuity problems in the film such as the one where hes facing away from the mirror, then in the next shot, hes facing the mirror.

also, when hes getting on and off loads of trains near the end, you can see some camera crew reflected in the train :lol:

I watched this Friday, but I forgot to post about it until now.

I hadn't seen it before - I'm not really a fan of gangster films. And, unfortunately, this did little to change my opinion of them. Bar the fight at the start and the chase at the end, I just found it boring.

There was nothing really wrong with it, though. There was excellent acting from everyone involved and lots of interesting images and scenes, but basically this gangster stuff doesn't do anything for me. I was just waiting for it to end for most of the film (especially since there are no twists in the plot or anything - I can't believe anyone was surprised by the end given

Click For Spoiler
it's shown to you at the start of the film).

I bought the box set because I thought I really ought to have watched all three of the films by now, but I'm a bit worried that I'm not going to like any of them now. Hopefully Scarface will have some more action. I did like Goodfellas, btw.

(incidentally, I was quite pleased with the box set - I was expecting three plastic DVD cases stuffed in a cardboard sleeve, but they've actually made a nice special-edition style box)

it doesnt spoil the film for me, but i cant help spotting a few pedantic continuity problems in the film such as the one where hes facing away from the mirror, then in the next shot, hes facing the mirror.

After this and Garden State, I was wondering if I'd be able to watch a film again without spotting continuity problems all over the place, but I think it's just these two films are particularly bad for it.

After this and Garden State, I was wondering if I'd be able to watch a film again without spotting continuity problems all over the place, but I think it's just these two films are particularly bad for it.

not at all - i see them all the time now. its quite a smug feeling though, spotting something that lots of other people dont spot :ph34r:

Definitely one of Sean Penns best performances and also one of Pacino's. The way he traps himself into the problems he faces, through his misplaced loyalty to Penns unhinged character is fantastically well portrayed.

I love the narrative, unlike many films, where the narrrative is a distraction, and often gets in the way by stating the bleeding obvious, Carlito's Way gives you an insight as to why Carlito acts the way he does, or doesn't (in the case of not killing Benny Blanco when he has the chance).

Definitely one of the top 3 or 4 gangster flicks IMO.

Definitely one of Sean Penns best performances and also one of Pacino's. The way he traps himself into the problems he faces, through his misplaced loyalty to Penns unhinged character is fantastically well portrayed.

I love the narrative, unlike many films, where the narrrative is a distraction, and often gets in the way by stating the bleeding obvious, Carlito's Way gives you an insight as to why Carlito acts the way he does, or doesn't (in the case of not killing Benny Blanco when he has the chance).

Definitely one of the top 3 or 4 gangster flicks IMO.

I always hope that he will kill him this time, I always wish he'll get away :(

whats the current word on the prequel thing?

If they make it, it could be great, the book is really really good

Some of the books material wouldn't tally with how they altered it for the film but there is potential

I can see it going as a DTV job like Starship troopers 2 tbh

Hey there.

I just watched it again for the first time in ages. I enjoyed it. It's an entertaining flick. But I don't think it's THAT great. Just a solid, generic gangster movie.

Love the chase sequence towards the end. But hate the ending... I dunno. I find those types of ending hard to like. I feel "let down" by the movie. I wanted him to get away and live. Investing all that time in the character for him to die at the end just felt like a real let down for me.. Even if it does have a logic behind me.

I dunno.. I LOVE De Palma.. I enjoyed this movie... But it aint no Blow Out. That's for sure.

Despin out.