Psp Hardware/opinions

rllmuk

What the hell? Have I slipped into the 2001 Edge forum? Because I seem to be in a console wars thread.

Exactly.

Its just some people choose to only want to support one system and then slag another off when its particularly juvenile and really not needed.

But then this forum is full of haters! :o

So let you tell us all how Nintendo, since Sony have been in the games market has pushed gaming forward??

I would love to know.

....and if eyetoy is a gimmicky bunch of cock what the fuck do you think the DS touch screen is!!!! :o

Apparently, according to your and other forumites Sony has done fuck all what so ever for gaming!

Try grasping a more overall view of gaming rather than the blinkered nintendo view.

I never said Nintendo HAD advanced gaming. not since the N64 anyway.

so who are you fighting your console wars against again? <_<

Is that what Wipeout is actually going to look like?

That looks lush.

I'd guess so... it seems fairly technically feasable, just very well designed. Certainly looks a lot better than Wip3out's assault of greys, so I hope it's the genuine article.

Now they've just got to make the game playable.

The Wipeout stuff has gotten me into a bit of a tiz. Is this confirmed for Euro launch?

Now all I need is:

1) downloadable tracks to be confirmed, with all the original Wipeout ones......and

2) Cold Storage to be in charge of audio. C'mon Sony, can't you see he's Mr Wright?*

Other than that, roll on March........

* Inexcusably bad pun I know.......

1) downloadable tracks to be confirmed, with all the original Wipeout ones......and

Chris Deering confirmed downloadable content for WipEout (for free, a track a month they reckon) in that Edge interview ages ago.

Woots? Assuming they don't backtrack on it, yes.

Chris Deering confirmed downloadable content for WipEout (for free, a track a month they reckon) in that Edge interview ages ago.

Woots? Assuming they don't backtrack on it, yes.

Yep that's the one I'd hoped I'd seen somewhere........

Let's hope it captures the feeling of the original, for me anyway........

Just a pity I can't plug my still-functioning negCon into the unit..........

That looks lovely. We can play that sitting on the cliffs in Whitby! Or having a shit.

Or at the same time as having a shit off the cliffs?

I went to Whitby once. It was nice, bought a toy gun............

Mmmmm.......toy guns............

Well, it was '82 and the sun was out so why not?*

* I'm the grand old age of 32 now.

Can you tell it's the end of the week? :o

Yep that's the one I'd hoped I'd seen somewhere........

Let's hope it captures the feeling of the original, for me anyway........

Just a pity I can't plug my still-functioning negCon into the unit..........

I don't care what you say, the negcon was a shit controller.

I've had two, the best game I played it with was admittedly WO2097, but still - it was a mere novelty (not unlike the JogCon) compared to playing the game properly with a digital pad.

A bit more on the analogue controller...

scej06.jpg

IGN: Unlike the E3 showing, the system wasn't bolted down, allowing us to hold it in our hands as we would a real portable game system. We suspected as much at E3, but in practice, the PSP feels comfortable in the hand, with all the buttons, and the analogue thumb pad, falling right into place. We actually found the analogue thumb pad to be perfectly situated for making our pointer fingers fall onto the shoulder buttons.

So, that might alleviate some fears that the analogue nub is in the wrong place.

Never tried the jogcon............

It's not very good.

I really wanted to like the negcon, but at the end of the day it failed to improve the way I played racing games. Which is what the point of it was in the first place I believe.

Hilarious moving your character forward or backwards in tekken with it though. But the buttons were shit for anything other than racers.

I'm not liking this $600+ talk.

...that might be why when I asked about changing my PSP order someone at Play-Asia said "But please do wait a few more days until we have a PSP update."

I ain't paying that silly money!

That is a serious amount of wedge. I'm now resigned to waiting for the UK 'un.....

But obviously excited to hear from someone who spends that kind of cash now and reports back quick smart.........