Psp Hardware/opinions

rllmuk

If anyone remembers that I was mailing the idiot trying to sell people a stepdown for £25 to use with a DS or PSP, he's pissing me off now. His latest reply was;

Ok, lets make it simple.

If you want to purchase an imported Sony PSP from Japan or America or Nintendo DS, you will need to use a stepdown convertor like the one I sell.

This will then enable you to safely recharge the battery pack or play directly from the mains.

One point to note: if you already have an Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP then you can use this power supply for the Nintendo DS.

Otherwise get a stepdown convertor.

Cunt. If I don't own a GBA then buy a £25 stepdown?! How about I just buy a £6 GBA PSU? And you don't effing need a stepdown for the PSP one at all.

I have replied.

If anyone remembers that I was mailing the idiot trying to sell people a stepdown for £25 to use with a DS or PSP, he's pissing me off now. His latest reply was;

Cunt. If I don't own a GBA then buy a £25 stepdown?! How about I just buy a £6 GBA PSU?

I have replied.

The PSP PSU

Ask him why he doesn't think it'll accept a 240V current.

This is a slight tangent off the topic of this thread, (and apologies for mentioning it in this thread, but only just now have I noticed this detail) but Sony are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with the name they have given the wireless mode. I mean --"ad-hoc mode"??? :D

(Post-modern, though --and probably somewhat trendy in language terms in Japan. But still...)

That's an official wifi term for non-base station wireless networks.

I suppose reflection could be something to do with it in that picture; the ones at E3 were in a darkened area.

One of the most striking things about the screen is that it is very visible from different angles.

You can't really look over someone's shoulder at the DS screen, but on the PSP you can from quite extreme angles and still see it crystal clear (this is from the various dev-kit models I've had a go on).

OK, Japanese shops open in 20 mins, I'm gonna go have a look to see if I can pick one up. Unlikely though, I can't be bothered to get up super-early and que or anything like that.

-Jools

Good luck, hope you'll be able to get your hands on one ..

Who actually has gotten a confirmation that they should receive their PSP any time now? I heard the Gamespot six hour thing, but i would like to hear more from different people. :D

They discussed in interviews that they wanted to release one; they were just waiting until they cracked wired broadband multiplayer before they attempted wireless broadband multiplayer, which they view as a requisite for a PSP version.

What's the XBox Live situation with PES?

Not again. :D That's it; I quit. (I can never win against a mod, anyway.)

To be fair, though, the way you put it was as though Sony had coined the term. You're going to be dealing with comments like that for at least a few pages yet.

I reccomend Deloreans. Everybody loves it when you post one of those to inform them that they're behind the times.