Steel Battalion: Loc

Jairus

Ok guys, i know beertiger and malevolent panda have sent me invites, i accepted the,, but I was busy making tea so I couldn't talk to you (blame davros...;))

I'm going to go on loc, set up a chat room on free mission and invite everyone in.

EDIT: Add me to msn (absintheparty@hotmail.com) if you're having trouble in the menus or anything

hey guys thanks for the game, HAD a LOT of fun :( Shame the lag freezes the game very annoying although i see why it was done that way.

Sorry i left half way through but an hour would have killed me, 10-15 min matches would be much better, but next time your all on i'll be around.

And you know what makes it so great, apart from the huge controller and the actual game, the whole having a billion wires and a pad and headset around you as well, and i love the custom sound track, in fact tomo im gona make a thread about it.

You guys were in there far too long. Games like that should usually take around 20 minutes at the most.

Was that the game that manta guy created?

If anyone wants a game before next tuesday i'll probably be on. The lag was really killing me though, I don't know wether it was me, or a combination of us all.

Cheers guys, really enjoyed it despite the lag. Unplayable at times, but it varied a lot.

Highlight for me was cattle prodding Beertiger, then forgetting to move before his VT exploded, taking me with it. :ph34r:

Yeah, that game went on far too long, but I felt like I was starting to find my feet by the end of it, and will definately be playing again.

Jairus, if I see you on I may well join you, failing that, next tuesday.

I had a few nice kills in that game, which i was surprised, i thought id be absolutley smashed to pieces before i even started up.

Especially with who ever i was cattle prooding every 2 seconds making them fall down but not killing them, i should have aimed it better really.

The biggest rush i had was being on one side of the river, seeing two of you fighting and running through the river with a surprise attack.

Damn, i need to check the online forum more often. Count me in for next week, if i can work out a way to get the controller set up... Hope you don't mind someone who's a complete, utter n00b, since i've only ever unpacked the thing once (i moved halfway across the country, down to london, literally a couple of days after LoC was released, and haven't had the time/space/motivation to unpack the thing and work out how the heck i can set it up at the new place yet...)

edit: w00! Bit of cleaning up and rearranging, and i can fit it on my desk. Fired up the campaign to try and get the hang of things again, but died in the second mission...

Ok, just to let everyone know - Monday's the warm up night and Tuesdays are the proper session night.

Tonight i'll be on from 6pm onwards, again anyone who wants a few games, practice or whatever please add my gamertag:- Jairus

I hope I'll see a few more of you on this time, hopefully for longer than I lasted though :)

• 5 months later...

Ok since getting live all I've played is Halo 2! Now I'm exploring some of the other live games I have so is there anyone out there willing to take a n00b through the LOC ropes? Let me know and we'll organise a few games.

Cheers

Quexex

Last few times ive been on the game has been EMPTY.

Anyways im defo up for this any time, just send me a pm as i really want to play it loads more. Its just a shame so few people play it. I do still need to be told the ropes a bit more as ive only ever done custom games.

Last few times ive been on the game has been EMPTY.

Anyways im defo up for this any time, just send me a pm as i really want to play it loads more. Its just a shame so few people play it. I do still need to be told the ropes a bit more as ive only ever done custom games.

I'll let you know if I go on on the weekend I intend to at some point, prolly the evening. Add me to your friends list as well if you want.

Cheers

Quexex

Hit free mission late, there should be somebody on. Campaign is best played from 11 onwards, usually up until about 3am-ish.

How cheaty is it these days?

It has been patched but there is still lots of money floating around. All optional parts were reset too so if you had any, you ain't any more ;) However, there are some really odd connection issues just lately and some of the politics going on were just too much to ignore. I just stopped playing it, except for the odd bit of free mission. I might come play if there are enough of you gonna have a go because it is an immensely good game.

I'm so jealous, wish I could get a go of this game, it just looks ace. How hard/expensive is it to get these days?

Still tops the £179 mark in gamestation etal second hand too!!! I've seen it go for about £100 or less in the trading folder. Frankly if you get both gmae and have live it's worth it if you like big robot love :D

Cheers

Quexex