IGNORED

Twin Peaks

CS2x

HOT UPDATE

That's me about 5 episodes into series 2 of the original run now... brilliant stuff.  Taken an extremely noticeable turn for the weird after Coop was shot at the end of series 1, which I imagine is not accidental.

Great stuff... looking forward to getting to the new stuff.

14 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I dunno, I just didn't enjoy it very much this week.

It was definitely one of the more unpleasant episodes, quite openly focused on misogyny and its role in the plot, and nasty by design - though this was also balanced against Dougie and Janey-E, Hawk and the Log Lady, and Albert's dinner date. This one felt like Lynch and Frost setting up the chessboard, clearly placing their black and white pieces before really kicking off the second half. The song at the end (co-written by Lynch) was a very deliberate choice, for sure.

Some interesting Cooper stuff among all this, though -

Spoiler

I don't know if his sexy adventure is supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing - will love help bring him around, or will physical gratification bog him down? His happy face didn't fill me with very much hope, and also anything that brings the family together only risks tearing it more painfully apart when (if?) the time comes. I'm increasingly wondering if Cooper will ever fully return, or whether he'll 'become' Dougie in some way that also helps defeat Bad Coop.

And it does look likely that Richard is the product of Bad Coop and Audrey, which you might well destroy Cooper more effectively than any of his doppelgagner's other activities (though the Diane situation might run a close second). It seems like a reasonable bet that Audrey's eventual arrival might be the Cooper catalyst we've been waiting for - we know she's coming, and they're leaving it pretty late.

i feel jinxed i never saw the final episode of the original when it was on telly the vhs chewed the tape or didnt record or recorded the wrong channel..

i started again with usa import dvd as you couldn't get season two over here for copyright i think? my multi region dvd died at final episode 

i tried again with a multi region BD player and had the same.

even watching on kodi never got me to the final episode 

ive got the gold dvd boxset still sealed ibought from hmv when they were still arround i bet if i crack that open the disc will be corrupted .

im going to wait till its finished airing the full season incase something happens then im sorted for my Christmas binge watch hopefully nothing can go wrong can it?

just checked in to make sure it wasn't some abomination' Glad its looking good :)

Episode 10 was so horrible and hilarious in equal measure. I was crying with laughter in the Cooper scenes for some reason, and feeling really queasy in most of the others. What a great thing. 

EP10:

HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? HELLO JOHNNY, HOW ARE YOU TODAY?

And Harry Dean Stanton frowns at a cup.

The following only came to me yesterday, but Destiny 2 beta!

Doctor Phlox is a well rubbish doctor if he cant spot a bullet wound on a shirtless man who's been shot in the abdomen 25 years ago. Scarring should still be there.

Wonder if this is a mistake, or intentional....

There aren't as many wounds on display in the Black Lodge as you might expect, given the occupants - though obviously MIKE's arm hasn't grown back. Cooper has aged, though, so Christ knows. I mean there isn't much they could do about that. Imagine the special effects if they tried.

2 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

The following only came to me yesterday, but Destiny 2 beta!

Doctor Phlox is a well rubbish doctor if he cant spot a bullet wound on a shirtless man who's been shot in the abdomen 25 years ago. Scarring should still be there.

Wonder if this is a mistake, or intentional....

The bullets didn't actually go into coop, did they? They were stopped by a vest and a beetle or something. 

So thats me finished the original series and time to start The Return,

As I understand it, if that's possible...

coop had to go to the black lodge and wait 25 years, so Laura could tell him about BOB, so coop could capture Leeland in series 2. Coop gets into the BL and offers up his soul to BOB in return for Annie.  Coop, through his bullet wounds has 'a hole' to allow BOB in.

as the original series ends, there's a doppelgänger Coop possessed by BOB while the result Coop waits in the BL.

we're now 25 years later...

is that kinda it?

1 minute ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

The bullets didn't actually go into coop, did they? They were stopped by a vest and a beetle or something. 

The one with the beetle did. There's clearly blood on the bullet and (wood)tick in the episode.

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

So thats me finished the original series and time to start The Return,

As I understand it, if that's possible...

coop had to go to the black lodge and wait 25 years, so Laura could tell him about BOB, so coop could capture Leeland in series 2. Coop gets into the BL and offers up his soul to BOB in return for Annie.  Coop, through his bullet wounds has 'a hole' to allow BOB in.

as the original series ends, there's a doppelgänger Coop possessed by BOB while the result Coop waits in the BL.

we're now 25 years later...

is that kinda it?

Make sure you watch FWWM too. If the series is fresh in your mind you should get the most out of it too.

3 minutes ago, peeveen said:

Don't watch S3 until you've seen the movie. There's so much stuff you'll miss the significance of.

I'll just need to roll with it and catch up when I can. No easy way for me to see it before I go on holiday in 2 days time.