IGNORED

Twin Peaks

CS2x

I'm listening to Peaks TV. It's under an hour and they do two episodes together. They've pointed out a few times that it's difficult to to a traditional recap podcast for such a surrealistic show, especially things like episode 8.

Twin Peaks Rewatch from Idle Thumbs is pretty entertaining. It started as a rewatch podcast for the original show and movies, but is obviously a recap podcast for The Return. Episodes are usually around an hour long.

I suspect that Cooper's faculties won't fully return to him until Bad Coop is back in the lodge.

I was really sceptical when The Return was announced because so many comeback are simply exercises in nostalgia. This however is anything but nostalgic and constantly breaking the rules of what modern TV should be.

On 31/07/2017 at 20:25, Harsin said:

That weird French hooker still had more natural mannerisms than Agent Sexbot.

I feel that scene had more to it than meets the eye.

Remember "My mothers sisters girl" from FWWM. I think that was more important than Cole and Albert let on.

Also:

I was reminded of that same line too. Harsin's still right in what he says though, Tammy's been painful to watch since day one. She seems to embody that male gaze-y aspect of Lynch that's often a bit uncomfortable but also contributes heavily to the tone of a lot of his stuff.

On 02/08/2017 at 07:54, SpagMasterSwift said:

Gordon Cole aside, that was easily the worst episode so far. I'm convinced that they are seeing Dougie as this season's 'who killed Laura Palmer' and don't want to end the interest in the show by solving that mystery

I've been thinking this too. 'We lost one MacGuffin, watch the mileage we get out of this one!' Consdering how often you see people telling others to skip the episodes between Leland's death and the finale (which I still find a bit sad, uneven as it is) you'd think everyone would be more wary of demanding resolutions. His return is the story of this season.

At last... caught up. Episode 11 was stone cold brilliant telly. I know folks are annoyed about Dugie, but I love it. Every scene with Dugie is an absolute joy. Gordon Cole and Albert as the exposition duo are cracking... 

we're going to see David Bowie aren't we?

Ok, my bet is now the real Coop turns up in the final seconds and his only non-copied words will be "How's Annie?" . Series 4 is then announced with Heather Graham back on board, but it is cancelled before production begins.

Poor Ed and James.

Looks like Ed's gas station doesnt get much custom, and it looks like Norma went for money over love.

I hope we find out what happened between him and Donna after season 2, as Donna has been completely absent from the show since then, and he now seems to be involved with that new girl.

Weird how Richard Horne was at the place bad Coop ended up. What, is Twin Peaks like down the road?!? Very bizarre. The body didnt seem to disappear from the real world either, even though it was seen in the red room. Found that a tad weird. I also wonder if Jeffries is actually Mike pretending to be Jeffries....

Something odd was going on during Audrey's scene; Ghostwood was mentioned, and you'd be forgiven for wondering why its important, especially if you've not read the secret history of Twin Peaks - in it, Ben Horne is said to have still been pursuing Ghostwood, even after his mental breakdown, which of course is not the case in the show. Audrey also talks as if she is in two minds about what she wants to do, and even who she is.

Could this be a massive hint that something has changed? I am starting to think that when the woodsmen took BOB out of bad Cooper, they took him to that floating thing somehow, and the scenes all in black and white was not the birth of BOB, but rather him time travelling? Who knows, but the Secret History of Twin Peaks has a hell of a lot of inconsistencies with the series, and the writer has said it will all be revealed, or some such.

"We found some stuff that my dad left today" - that cant be right! Bobby confiscated a gun from a kid outside the RR Diner, during the night no less, and yet its night now. Scenes seem to be playing out of order, or else something is seriously fucked up with Twin Peaks timeline. Leads into my point above perhaps.

Sarah Palmers TV also might have had a young Battling Bud, and the TV is constantly repeating, with an electrical static noise before doing so no less. Very strange.

And Dougie Coop only likes Cherry pies baked using Norma's home made recipe it would seem. Damn good cherry pie!

Trolling as an expression does seem to be cropping up a lot when talking about the season doesn't it.

I didn't think much of the latest episode. Yep, I'm the one dissenting voice it seems! There's just more and more questions being asked when, 5 episodes from the end, I'd hope we'd be getting some answers, or seem to be moving towards them. Sure, that's Lynch's modus operandi but it seems to be getting overloaded with subplots and possibilities. I hate to bring a dirty word up, but 'Lost' slowly creeped into my mind during the episode..

Hey ho, I can at least still indulge in the wonderful ambience Lynch serves up.

Watched FWWM 

OOFT!

I can understand why it was panned at the time, but watching it now, it seems as though Lynch is filming stuff in his own timeline... also, reading the Diary of Laura Palmer just before really helps.

my version didn't have the arm and bob sitting above the convenience store... is that and extended version.

Im assuming Theresa Banks was someone Bob got to but she didn't manage to get the ring?  What happened to Chet?

it felt COMPLETELY like an episode of series 3!

7 hours ago, scottcr said:

my version didn't have the arm and bob sitting above the convenience store... is that and extended version.

That should be in both versions. The little man goes on about a formica table and Garmonbozia and you get lots of close ups of scuddy mouths. There's a longer version in the missing pieces but it should be in the original version too.

I've gone full 180 on this after initially struggling - this is probably the greatest thing that has ever happened on television (including TW season 1 and season 2? Quite possibly, let's see how it shakes out).

To illustrate this try to pick your 10 favourite scenes. It is virtually impossible. Here is my attempt:

Spoiler

10. "We were gonna go scuba diving!"

9. Bad Coop Arm Wrestle

8. Bobby Briggs and the Zombie Child

7. Grace Zabriskie watches a boxing match

6. Grace Zabriskie meets Hawk

5. Dougie and the Mitchum Bros celebration dance

4. Dougie meeting the Mitchum Bros in the desert

3. Bad Coop Interrogation

2. Birth of Atomic Bob

1. Gotta Light!