Make My Tea

Jairus

Ok so you won't be making it I realise, but i've got a full evening with nothing to do so I thought i'd spend some time making something to eat before I get stuck into xbox live later on! Also take into account my weekly shopping gets done on thursdays, so I've not got a vast amount to choose from

In the fridge: 7 rashers of rindless back bacon, 10 eggs, a block of mild cheddar, mayo, salad cream, salad toms and half an iceberg lettuce.

Freezer: Nothing of interest really, oven chips, corn on the cob and potato wedges

Cupboards: 2 bags each of Farfalle and Fusilli, 4x baking spuds, bag of apples. a few tins of baked beans, tinned ham and the token array of salt, pepper and a few unmarked spices my mother kindly left me.

So then, any ideas?

Easy. Pasta Carbonara is what you're having for tea.

Dice and fry the bacon. Add garlic if you have it.

Cook the pasta.

Combine bacon and pasta.

Add a beaten egg or too, but make sure the pan is off the heat, otherwise you'll get scrambled eggs. Stir gently to create a creamy sauce.

Add lots of black pepper and grated cheese. Job done.

Easy. Pasta Carbonara is what you're having for tea.

Dice and fry the bacon. Add garlic if you have it.

Cook the pasta.

Combine bacon and pasta.

Add a beaten egg or too, but make sure the pan is off the heat, otherwise you'll get scrambled eggs. Stir gently to create a creamy sauce.

Add lots of black pepper and grated cheese. Job done.

try using just the yolks, the whites are what scramble your eggs and they add nothing to the dish, in terms of flavour

It went really well. Must've had the pasta on too low becuase the bacon had been cooked for about ten minutes before it was ready.

Added plenty of grated cheese, black pepper and two eggs to the pasta, mixed well for about a minute and then served with a small salad.

Very nice!

I always just use the yolk.

Yolks are wicked in pasta sauce.

Another cheapy/easy tasty sauce is:

sweat onions and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes, add chopped chillis (remove seeds to taste) and fry for a minute or two.

Atir in some chopped tomatoes and passatta and add your favourite herbs (Basil is nice).

Meanwhile, cook some penne pasta and stir into the sauce. Remove from heat and add an egg yolk per person. Stir, add black pepper and serve.

:)