IGNORED

Drum N Bass

EViS

Dnb wise I mostly listen to:

Dieselboy - The Dungeonmasters Guide, 6ixth session

Anything by Concord Dawn

London Electricity

T-Bone

Winamp radio seems to have a good selection of stations which play some really filthy grime. Fabio and Rider on a friday night (radio 1) play some great tracks too.

Ah jungle and dnb is the same realy. Need both anyway ;). Has dj hype got an album out?

Well, they're not really, but if you like it all, do be sure to check that album out.

God, it's ten years old... I remember first buying it and listening to it on the way to college.

*Wistfully stares out of the window*

EDIT: In response to your DJ Hype question - check out Tru Playaz - Playaz for Real. Shit name, good album.

discs i like:

john b - visions (2nd disc)

doc scott - breakbeat experiments

origin unknown - sound in motion

grooverider - the prototype years

dj hype - true playaz in the mix vol 1

tunes:

ed rush - subway

ed rush - technology

decoder - fog

neotech - valves

boymerang - soul beat runna

that's only old stuff but i stopped listening to dnb around 1998... but it is still good. B)

Dnb wise I mostly listen to:

Dieselboy - The Dungeonmasters Guide, 6ixth session

Anything by Concord Dawn

London Electricity

T-Bone

Winamp radio seems to have a good selection of stations which play some really filthy grime. Fabio and Rider on a friday night (radio 1) play some great tracks too.

Sat too, turn it on now.

i was really into drum n bass when i was at uni and living in london, but never brought any records in those days. i used to have amazing nights out at places like NY Sushi and the Arches in Sheffield, and then when i moved to london i went to movement at Mass in Brixton every month it was on. the old crew we used to meet up with there apparently all go to Herbal now but ive never been there. d'n'b was all about clubs for me but i'd quite like to hear some of the new stuff as ive got no idea how its moved on over the last few years. who are the current flavours of the moment?

Calibre Musique Concrete - Any DnB fan must own this,in fact Calibre just means QUALITY

Anything on Hospital -London elektricity, High Contrast, Cyantific

John B -In Transit his latest album its 80's electro DnB

Klute

NU:TONE

Pendulum

Dillinja -My Sounds (most of his his best work on 1 CD)

I'll be back with more soon.

Well, they're not really, but if you like it all, do be sure to check that album out.

God, it's ten years old... I remember first buying it and listening to it on the way to college.

*Wistfully stares out of the window*

EDIT: In response to your DJ Hype question - check out Tru Playaz - Playaz for Real. Shit name, good album.

There's also the Fabric Live Andy C + Hype Back to Back CD (Pretty much brand new, the set was on their 5th Birthday weekend). I almost went to see it live, but it was on a thursday and I had uni the day after (retrospectively I should've just said fuck Uni)

Andy C and Drum and Bass Arena have loads of CD compilations (Nightlife and Nightlife 2 from Andy C are pretty damn good)

The Bingo Sessions Volume 1 by Zinc and Friction is also damn good, and I think Ed Rush and Optical have just released a new album (Or are early 2005)

If you're near London get down to the Electric Ballroom in Camden and check out their D'n'B CD selection, some damn good stuff about. Oh, and get yourself to Fabric on the 29th for the True Playaz Christmas Party!

Shitmat and Venetian Snares. Yeah.

They're not drum and bass though.

VS is a mixture between mid warp style drill and bass and autechre, and shitmat varies so much it's insane. One minute he's raving it up proper junglist style, next he's in for a spot of gabba/fast techno crazyness.

By the term drum and bass you mean the artists who are producing true rolling dnb that have been mentioned before:

Pendulum

Dieselboy

Dillinja

Andy C (doesen't actually make the tunes, just a great dnb dj in his own right)

Fabio/Grooverider (see above)

Concord Dawn

Optical

London Electricity

Total Science

Andy C (doesen't actually make the tunes, just a great dnb dj in his own right)

I thought Andy C produced loads of tunes, on his Ram Records label?!

He was Origin Unknown along with Ant Miles as far as I know, and did all the Ram Raiders series etc etc....correct me if I'm wrong.

He was Origin Unknown along with Ant Miles as far as I know, and did all the Ram Raiders series etc etc....correct me if I'm wrong.

Disc 2 of Nightlife 2 is full of his own work.

He only created the seminal DnB classic Valley of Shadows as Origin Unknown.

But no he doesnt make DnB he just DJ's ;)

Aye you're right, I actually meant to mention that on his original cd (yellow front, dnb arena) are filled full of other people's tunes. Imo that's the best record out with his name on it.

Apologies about that. ;)

Disc 2 of Nightlife 2 is full of his own work.

He only created the seminal DnB classic Valley of Shadows as Origin Unknown.

But no he doesnt make DnB he just DJ's ;)

and 'truly one'.

to be honest i think it's all about the old stuff. the first ram compilation, 'speed of sound' is utterly essential - truly one, valley of the shadows, quest, cause and effect....yoosh.

any dj hype mix album before 1998 is worth a look - don't bother buying more than one as he duplicated a lot of tracklists with identikit mixes and scratches. you'd never get away with that these days. there's a world dance cd with him on the first disc and ellis dee on the second that's wicked.

the first couple of logical progression mixes are essential, as is ltj's 'producer 01' artist album.

adam f's album 'colours', the first reprazent album 'new forms' (don't touch the second, though), and grooverider's 'prototype' LP is worth it for 'locust' alone.

and the tru playaz 'super sharp shooter ep' is utterly, utterly essential. a proper scene classic with the wicked 'tru playaz anthem' on there too.

oh, and anything - absolutely anything - by peshay.

don't know too much about the new stuff but what i've heard on hospital has been great, with calibre, nu:tone, london elektricity sounding particularly impressive on the artist front.

Tiesto - Flight 643 (Paul B + Subwave Remix)

Concord Dawn - Take Me Away (Ill Skillz Remix)

Both found on Deiselboy's - The Dungeon Masters Guide.

Infact get the full album, but those are the two key tracks to listen for, tracks 15 & 16 :(

Another track to look out for is Pendulum - Spiral. Its more than likely and old tune now but its seriously nice.

Sorry if i've already mentioned what other people have said.

cheers. <_<

Hehe, I’m sorry jarius but you just basically copied all the Artist's names I’ve given you and put them into a list lolz

Not a bad list though :( Better to name single tracks as I find DnB artists can sometimes vary and make one decent tune then the next will be pap.. don’t get me wrong not everyone’s like that.

I’ve seen Andy c live twice now and he’s one hell of a DJ, sure knows how to spin the vinyl!

By far the best and most evil DnB I saw was Dillinja & Lemon D (also Andy C and zinc) on the Valve sound system. I’m glad I took earplugs though as it was far too loud to enjoy the music hehe. Dillinja’s set was so stomping though I really enjoyed it!

Then we have good old Ron, he’s not quite as grimey as the rest but by-hell he can make nice DnB <_<

I saw him play in Manchester with Jarius and I think he’ll agree it was brilliant.. and Dynamite MC was there and I caught his sweaty manky towel *eww*

I have the feeling at the moment that there’s not many decent new DnB tracks around, there’s plenty of rollers but I love the techy sounding tracks with plenty of blips and beats that make your brain melt! That’s partly the fact why Deiselboy’s The Dungeon Masters Guide is one of my favourite albums of 2004. Its just such a feel good album its brilliant!

Anyways I’m bored of typing I could go on all day :D

Cheers - Dave

By far the best and most evil DnB I saw was Dillinja & Lemon D (also Andy C and zinc) on the Valve sound system.  I’m glad I took earplugs though as it was far too loud to enjoy the music hehe.  Dillinja’s set was so stomping though I really enjoyed it!

Then we have good old Ron, he’s not quite as grimey as the rest but by-hell he can make nice DnB :lol:

I've experienced the force of Valve...holy shit that's a system ;)

Do you mean DJ Ron? Didn't think he was around anymore...was a decent DJ/producer back in the jungle days though.

Actually, reading your next paragraph you probably mean Roni Size don't you?