The Best Burgers Ever

Alex W.

Ed's Diner, an American Sixties themed resturaunt (with old jukeboxe's and all) just off Picadilly Circus does amazing burgers, and milkshakes for that matter

..... and they're not too expensive either.

I think there's a few of them dotted around London and the UK.

Actually I second that. When I went there the waitresses were on blades. Crazy foo's

Did you try and eat it all at once? When ever I have burgers like that, I take off the top half, jam the stick back in the bottom half, and eat away.

Although, I managed to get my mouth around it for one bite.

Did you try and eat it all at once? When ever I have burgers like that, I take off the top half, jam the stick back in the bottom half, and eat away.

Although, I managed to get my mouth around it for one bite.

I didn't split it. It was far to big to put in my mouth, so I kinda alternated between taking a bite from the top (burger and bun), and the bottom. It did end up very unbalanced with the bottom bun sliding away slightly, but I held it firm, applying pressure to help keep it together at the end. I was sadly beaten though, having to leave a bite on the plate. I probably would have polished it off a short while later, but the waitress insisted on removing the plates... Still, it didn't stop me from having a 9inch pizza a few hours later :(

• 1 month later...
Bump.

So for mother's day, I went to Maxwell's.

Yum!

Yum!

And yes, I ate it all.

You look catatonic... was it that scary an audeal?

p.s. Is that a Threadless T-Shirt you're wearing?

If so

o/\o

If not

o/ /o/ (I'm not quite sure either)

Still, mad ass looking burger. Bringing back this thread has really made me want one. I planed on eating some Tuna tonight (from a tin, well, not from a tin, but you know). Anyway I could combine it into some sort of Tuna Burger?

In this country Ed's in bluewater do the best burgers. However, in the US the Sci-Fi diner in Walt Disney Studios do the best burgers EVER. Johnny Rockets comes a close 2nd.

Ed's are okish.

For a really, really good burger, you want Bob's Burgers and Brew, Bellingham, WA, USA, followed by a milshake and waffle fries from Boomers.

God I miss those places.

In London Belushi's (Covent Gdn and Camden High St), do some quite good burgers....the Aussie Works is a fave of mine.

Where is Eds at Bluewater then - is it near the cinema bit?

That bloody Tootsies place tries to charge a service charge - and the service is shite too.

I was looking forward to trying a Bison burger at Old Orleans at lakeside on Mothers Day, but had to walk out when we had to wait 1 1/2 hours without food!!

As far as McDonalds go - I'm not a big fan, but if you ask for a QP or BM without cheese (or something else you can do without) then they cook you a fresh one. Tastes a lot better than the ones that sit there for 20-30mins.

My wife also does lovely homemade burgers - marianted in a spicy sauce - HMMM

• 3 weeks later...
Where is Eds at Bluewater then - is it near the cinema bit?

Yep.

Also near the Sony Centre....or at least it was last time I went.

here ya go

http://www.bluewater.co.uk/dining/Eds_Easy_Diner

Ed's Easy Diner

Authentic 50's American diner serving up hamburgers, fries and shakes USA style.

Returns Policy

Please see in-store for complete Returns Policy details.

Telephone

01322 380939

Upper Thames Walk - H4