The Best Burgers Ever

Alex W.

Have you tried the cheesy fries at Ed's? It's like you can feel your arteries clogging as you eat them...

Yep.

I also have a habit of making my own.

Mind you, having lived in the states for a year, I became used to that way of eating.....It's only about 3 years later that I'm back on salads etc.... :P

I had the most awesome burger in a little pub in a place called Cropredy which is about 15 miles from Leamington Spa.

It was home made, about two inches thick, char grilled with a proper baker's roll (the kind I just usually don't find in England), wicked thick home made chips and home made salsa. Fucking lovely it was.

making your own burgers are nice with shop bought mince, but mince is basically the rank bits of the cow, get a couple of rump steaks and get them in the mincer to make burgers, they are awesom.

also, what kind of bakers roll are you talking about? why don't we get them like that in england

also, what kind of bakers roll are you talking about? why don't we get them like that in england

if you'd ever been to Scotland you'd know. A breakfast roll up there is basically a breed apart from the soggy little efforts you get anywhere south of Lockerbie (and I mean anywhere, from Kingsmill packaged ones to so called bakery fresh). I've never quite understood why.

If you buy mince from a supermarket thenmore fool you ;)

A good butcher should check what you're after it for and mince the appropriate cut.

All this talk has made me decide its home made lamb burgers with salad tonight.

me? supermarket ? no !

but what cuts of meat do you think your local butcher use for his mince? he still uses whats left over from the decent cuts.

making your own burgers are nice with shop bought mince, but mince is basically the rank bits of the cow, get a couple of rump steaks and get them in the mincer to make burgers, they are awesom.

I always buy mince from the shop.

Steak mince.

The best burger ever.

A place called Waitomo Caves in New Zealand. The only pub in the place. After a hard afternoon of white water rafting we ordered a burger. Fuck me this was the best burger I have ever tasted.

Burger

Steak

Egg

Cheese

Bacon

Salad

side portion of chips

Washed down with NZ beer which is also great.

Simply cannot be beaten. Tried to replicate it at home but it just doesn't seem the same. I need to get back to New Zealand asap!

I was really suprised by the quality of the burger i had in the Jurrasic park burger stand in universal studios in the summer. It really hit the spot, nice bit of beef plenty of pickles, salad and bacon.

a breed apart from the soggy little efforts you get anywhere south of Lockerbie

South of Glasgow seems to ring truer sadly, can't get them down here for love nor money. I just get my fix when my folks bring me some from Glasgow on visits.

they do others on request though, like the caveman burger (pattie inside 2 patties etc)

in the us the burger of guiltiest pleasure is a carls jr 6-dollar western.

and theres a place called knowlwood that does pretty good ones, they call them 'the worlds greatest burger" which makes it kind of wierd to ask for.

Jack's hamburgers in santa cruz has the best burger's i've ever tasted... freshly made before your eyes, and taste absolutely delish, with big fat perfect fries.. for about $6!

they've won awards every year in north california... can't wait to go back...

• 11 months later...

Hamburger Union near Leicester Sq. do the best burgers I've ever tasted. check it out! ;)

I went to Hamburger Union in Angel last night (before moving on to The Living Room bar round the corner) and had what easily ranks as the best burger of my life!

I had a bacon cheeseburger (medium cooked) with halloumi cheese, gorgeous chunky, crispy fries and washed it all down with a Bailey's milkshake.

Gorgeous. They're gonna make millions!

Anyone care to recommend anywhere with a better burger?

The Burger King bacon triple cheeseburger is good. Really good.

The best burger I ever had was probably the colossus burger: at a scout jamboree they were selling burgers with 2x1/4lbs, bacon, egg, cheese, and optional pineapple, in a huge bap. It was INCREDIBLE.

There's also a really nice place called the Blue Ridge Grill in Virginia, USA. really really nice ribs, damn good burgers.

I went to Hamburger Union in Angel last night (before moving on to The Living Room bar round the corner) and had what easily ranks as the best burger of my life!

I had a bacon cheeseburger (medium cooked) with halloumi cheese, gorgeous chunky, crispy fries and washed it all down with a Bailey's milkshake.

Gorgeous. They're gonna make millions!

Anyone care to recommend anywhere with a better burger?

Hmaburger Union is decent but I wouldn't go crazy over it.

I've had so many burgers in the US that piss over the best Hamburger Union has to offer. However, at least HU is quite cheap.

The best burger I had the honour to have was when I was in maspalomas, gran canaria. There is this row of restaurants on either side of each other just by the beach, not to far from the sand dunes.

It was this small burger joint right on the beach which did the best burger ever I do not know what they did but it seemed incredible. Sitting on the beach eating that burger, fantastic.

I found Hamburger Union most disappointing, except for the Milkshake, which was awesome.

We went to Centreparcs at the weekend, and on Saturday night we went to some generic Chips wiv Everyfink place, as we were craving some filth. Ordered fishcakes to start. Mistake. Rank. Ordered the burger as a main, thinking it would be the least difficult thing to get wrong, and I was pleasantly surprised. It seemed to actually be homemade, and was nice and pink throughout. It was also a decent enough size to be a treat, but not a big ball like some restaurants seem to think constitutes generosity.

A good burger is a thing to be savoured, once in a while.

I always buy mince from the shop.

Steak mince.

Random quoting, but where you still in Edinburgh when you bought the amazing burger?

I've not had a takeaway for TWO WEEKS but I'm gasping for an Efes or Marmaris slab of meat right now.

For a truly awesome burger experience you need to try the gourmet burger bar in Clapham Junction. I've yet to find anywhere that can match the majesty of their creations!

I went there late 2004 and was quite dissapointed, I can't remember why but I didn't enjoy it very much. They were on a TV show on the BBC recently, I've forgotten what it was called though.