Truly, Madly, Deeply.

acidforblood

Becoming jaded and disillusioned is an inevitable part in gamings humdrum cycle and in this time of disappointing sequel and generic cash cow it's all the sweeter when you stumble across a title as pure as gaming can get.

From the moment start this game, everything about it has been designed to make you smile, chuckle and swoon like a lovesick teen. It's beautiful, really, really beautiful but as we know beauty is only skin deep. This game has depth, true depth. The developer has kept it simple, sticking to the games origins yet somehow it all seems fresh. I'm gobsmacked, jaw dropped but just genuinely made up to have found such a game.

Edge rated this game highly but for once i'd not score it, it's just perfect and i love it. What's it called? Well love can strike when you least expect it so i'll not spoil things, you'll know it when it hits.

I took it more as 'I've found a fantastic game, won't mention it's name but I fucking love it'. I thought he was just posting about that lovely warm feeling it gives him, rather than harping on about the game itself. It's like, y'know, new Games Journalism. A bit.

Acid, you weren't wanting us to actually guess were ya?

'Cos obviously only DOAXBV can engender feelings like these. :D

Becoming jaded and disillusioned is an inevitable part in gamings humdrum cycle and in this time of disappointing sequel and generic cash cow it's all the sweeter when you stumble across a title as pure as gaming can get.

From the moment start this game, everything about it has been designed to make you smile, chuckle and swoon like a lovesick teen. It's beautiful, really, really beautiful but as we know beauty is only skin deep. This game has depth, true depth. The developer has kept it simple, sticking to the games origins yet somehow it all seems fresh. I'm gobsmacked, jaw dropped but just genuinely made up to have found such a game.

Edge rated this game highly but for once i'd not score it, it's just perfect and i love it. What's it called? Well love can strike when you least expect it so i'll not spoil things, you'll know it when it hits.

Well, Ratchet and Clank 3 is doing it for me at the minute. Fantastic. Is this the mythical game?

He's just expressing the joyous feelings he's having about a game he loves. It could be anything.

It's a love-in thread, the point being that you share with everyone the love for a game you're playing at the moment, and it's making you adore games more than ever.

For me it's Pokemon Blue on the original gb. Every new monster I encounter, every new trainer I face, every new town I enter - i'm 13 again and loving every minute of it. It's making me realise why I play games.

It's not the feeling of speculating about what the next gen might bring, or the idle and pointless banter about the closure/merger/overtaking of devcos, it's not even getting excited about the release of new hardware or a new title - it's the feeling of playing a brilliant videogame.

It's christmas, i'm immersed, and I love it :)

Ikaruga for me.

I thought I had finally had enough of this game, but I had a meet up with a couple of the top UK players and we did nothing but play this for a week.

Even by the end of it we were trying to cram in a few minutes before they had to leave.

What other game could you still be trying to work out new patterns or new strategies for hundreds and hundreds of hours after starting it.

Amazing.

Acid, you are playing Metroid Prime: 2 - Echoes and I claim my £5.

Hello Space old son ;) how's tricks? Only a fiver? No not Metroid matey....Four Swords for those interested, just trying to spread a little love chaps that's all! Comrade up there certainly has the horn over something, poor chap.

Is it wrong that two generic cash-cows (Halo 2 and San Andreas) are currently making me love games more than ever? What's wrong with sequels when they are this good?

It can't be wrong if they're this good. I keep wanting to think of it as casual (wrongly), but San Andreas is currently occupying all my gaming time. First time I did a parachute jump was possibly my coolest gaming moment of the year, although I'd have to check that against PoP, Gradius V, Minish Cap and Halo 2.

I've finished Halo 2 and having not really got on with Echoes, started Super Metroid. It's incredible! Sublime! I'd never played it before.

I'm hoping once I finish it (maybe tonight!?) I will be worked up into enough of a Metroid infatuation as to return to Echoes, which everyone is giving so much love (in the Metroid Prime Echoes thread) I feel I have to give a second chance.

I still haven't played Christmas NiGHTs this year though and Christmas Day is only five days away! I'll play it on Christmas Eve :lol:.