IGNORED

I love the KLF

Uncle Mike

It's Chill Out with new track names, but all the unlicensed samples removed (I think.) I think I can hear several things I was expecting to hear removed (for example, there's a Southern preacher-type guy going all fire and brimstone and apocalypse and talking about the "East Coast" a lot in the early parts?) I'm guessing the little Elvis snippets will be dropped too.

On 08/01/2021 at 00:29, Yiggy said:

Apparently Jimmy Cauty designed this poster, and many others like it, that I and millions of other nerds had on their bedroom wall. They never cease to amaze me. 

So he's the one who made the spelling mistake that I could not unsee. Took me years to spot it in the first place, mind.

Mid-European cultural historians site the entire catalogue of the German band Scooter to be the ultimate mainstream proto re-enactment of The KLF. In doing so Scooter sold many millions of more records than The KLF ever did. 

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus H Christ. America: What Time Is Love followed by Justified and Ancient. I don't think there's a better 14 and a half minutes in all of music.

Huge, warm, silly, triumphant, mocking, cheerful, funny, superior, catchy, grooves, rocks, hugely, hugely varied, technically perfect - they make my eyes water with the invention both in sheer admiration and because it still moves me.

Probably worth noting that I think the lead synth line is What Time Is Love is as perfect as a Bach melody. It couldn't be simpler and it's bloody perfect.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently this is the “lost chapter” originally mentioned on the KLFRS website, it’s been updated:

A LOST CHAPTER

THE WHITE ROOM – Director’s Cut by The KLF was released on the 23rd of April 2021.

THE WHITE ROOM – Director’s Cut by The KLF is not The White Room album that was released globally by The KLF in various formats with various track listings in 1991. Nor was it a version of the same album not completed or released in 1989.

THE WHITE ROOM – Director’s Cut by The KLF is a version of The White Room that was completed but not released in 1990. 

THE WHITE ROOM – Director’s Cut by The KLF was constructed in various recording studios by The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, between early 1989 and sometime in 1990.  

THE WHITE ROOM – Director’s Cut by The KLF’s track listing and credits are as follows: 

1: Go To Sleep

Maxine Harvey: Vocals
Nick Coler: Keyboards
The Dagenham Four: Backing Vocals

2: Make It Rain

Maxine Harvey: Vocal
Tony Thorpe: Breaks & Samples
Duy Khiem: Reeds

3: Madrugada Eterna (Club Mix)

‘Evil’ Graham Lee: Pedal Steel Guitar
Reverend Doctor Wade: Sampled Vocals

4: Church of The KLF

5: Last Train To Trancentral (da Force, Over & Out)

Ricardo da Force: Rap
Black Steel: Vocals
Maxine Harvey: Backing Vocals

6: Build A Fire

‘Evil’ Graham Lee: Pedal Steel Guitar
Larry Adler: Mouth Organ

7: The White Room

Black Steel: Scat Singing, Backing Vocals
Duy Khiem: Reeds

8: No More Tears

Black Steel: Vocals, Bass Guitar, Piano
Tony Thorpe: Break & Samples

9: The Lover’s Side

The Dagenham Four: Backing Vocals

10: Justified & Ancient (Black Steel joins The JAMs)

Black Steel: Vocals, Bass Guitar
Tony Thorpe: Break

Additional credits:

King Boy D: Lead Vocals & Van Driving
Rock Man Rock: Lead Guitar & PA System

Original recordings made at Trancentral

Additional recording made at Village Recorders, Dagenham, Essex 

With Ian Richardson at the controls

And…

Roundhouse Studios, Camden, London 

With additional engineering done by Paul Borg

Assisted by Bobby Westwood

And…

Lillie Yard Studios, Earls Court, London

With Julian Gordon Hastings at the controls

Assisted by Paul ‘Max’ Bloom

All tracks mixed at Lillie Yard Studios

With Julian Gordon Hastings

Except Madrugada Eterna

Mixed at Trancentral

All tracks written & composed by James F Cauty & William E Drummond for Universal Music / Zoo Music – Warner Chappell Music

Except… 

Last Train to Trancentral: written and composed by James F Cauty; William E Drummond & Ricardo A Lyte for Universal Music / Zoo Music – Warner Chappell Music / Sony Music

And…

Madrugada Eterna: written and composed by James F Cauty; William E Drummond & ‘Evil’ Graham Lee for Sony Music / Zoo Music – Warner Chappell Music / Domino Music 

https://klfrs.com/samplecity-thru-trancentral?fbclid=IwAR0i4s785KneQdIpyyd_Ahur4muxUeDByAL97hKi3ocdAaSzoVgE9jVtjpM

Loving this "new" one. I honestly feel like I did when I was 17 in 1990. Dunno why, the synths, drums, trippy dubby vibes. Exactly what I loved at the properly fortmative time of my life (discovering drugs lol).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...