Gta 2 - Free Full Game Download

Goose

Is the link actually working now? I haven't bothered trying it because I've already got it on PC and PS, but there were reports yesterday of it not downloading, and it didn't loook like an error caused by mass-traffic either.

Yeah, I just tried a few times now and each time got a time out error. ;)

woo its finally entered abandoware.

woo !!! this is truely the best 2d gta... dont fucking question that theory.

Its not abandonware, because, er, it hasn't been abandoned by its developer - they're the ones offering it for download.

Didn't work for me either ;)

woo its finally entered abandoware.

Just because the publisher has made it available for legal downloading doesn't make it abandonware. The game is still widely available at retail, and the terms of the download do not allow you to put it up for download elsewhere.

You have to commend Rockstar for this. If only more developers would follow suit with some of their older games (looks to Nintendo, Sega et al) instead of porting them over as retro packs or handheld 'upgrades' at full price.

Well since you can still actually buy them on all the formats which they've been released on that's not exactly true is it. Only idiots would buy the Nintendo classics range when you can get them all "free" in Animal Crossing.

But it's certainly a very generous gesture from R*, there's no denying that.

Well since you can still actually buy them on all the formats which they've been released on that's not exactly true is it. Only idiots would buy the Nintendo classics range when you can get them all "free" in Animal Crossing.

But it's certainly a very generous gesture from R*, there's no denying that.

I'm talking about newcomers to the GTA series, i.e. those who've only played the games since the 3D iterations...

Well Rockstar could quite easily have realised a mega pack containing all the released 2D GTA games so far for the PS2 and no doubt some people would go out and buy it. They could have made money from it, but they chose to let others sample the games free, albeit on the PC.

You make a good point about Animal Crossing, but I was more or less referring to something along the lines of A Link To The Past, or Super Metroid. ;)

You have to commend Rockstar for this.  If only more developers would follow suit with some of their older games (looks to Nintendo, Sega et al) instead of porting them over as retro packs or handheld 'upgrades' at full price.

and how do you suggest they do this without wasting £1000's

:D:unsure::rolleyes:

GTA 2 was pretty good, rubbish style but the insta gang and the respect meter stuff were entertaining. GTA 1 is still the best though, can't stand the hand holding story gameplay of the new ones.

"Well Rockstar could quite easily have realised a mega pack containing all the released 2D GTA games so far for the PS2 and no doubt some people would go out and buy it. They could have made money from it, but they chose to let others sample the games free, albeit on the PC. "

Actually, just to be pedantic, they already did -- at least here in AU, you can pick up a triple pack of the Playstation games for about thirty bucks -- released around the same time as Vice City, as memory serves. Great value, for what it's worth (although, of course, it's hard to compete with free). I'd say at this point, Rockstar probably figures that it's

a) Made all it's going to make out of this code (notwithstanding that they could use the IP and mission structures for future GTA projects)

b) Have some evil marketing plot in mind with all of those e-mail and postal addresses they'll be collecting with this.

The stupid thing is, I saw the link, and was tempted to start downloading it, before I remembered that there's not only the PS copy sitting in a box in front of me, but also a PC version upstairs in t'big cupboard of games...