IGNORED

Consolevania 5

Audrey Tautou

As usual, John Gacy went on for too long. Maybe you want us to be made to feel uncomfortable by it, either way it's not all that funny. Agreed with most people about the Hitler bit too, funny in concept but too long. The character is best suited to going out and annoying/insulting/outraging people I think - his first appearance was quirky, the second made him a favourite, but then he seemed to appear as a character of renown all too quickly, I think he needs to do more 'work' before he can appear in sketches that rely on his character.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. Top Gear and the Miyamoto bits were outstandingly funny in particular and the reviews were really good. Looking forward to the Christmas special. :ph34r:

Edit - the Dominic Diamond sketch was a BIT snide it has to be said! :o

- I think you guys need to find someone impartial to edit as a lot of the bits needed tightening up.

- The Miyamoto song was lame. Well produced but the content was toss.

- I'll agree with everyone and say that Legends rap was ace.

- Gacy was taken too far in my opinion and just wasn't funny at all.

It's a dramatic step down from previous episodes though.

o/\o - completely agree. Unfortunate, as I loved 3 out of the previous 4 shows.

Everyone can be really bitchy considering its free. Getting 38kbps, will make good xmas eve watching after mrs chococat has finished watching the soaps.

Well done mr lime. You can have my c64 for the next one if you still want it.

After installing the full version of that codec pack it still doesn't work for me. Could anyone check which codec it needs so that I can install it manually?

As much as I like Consolevania I think the encoding and compression is generally quite shitty, and I'm a bit dissapointed that it's not working (yes, yes, it's free). Anyway, I'd appreciate any help....

After installing the full version of that codec pack it still doesn't work for me. Could anyone check which codec it needs so that I can install it manually?

As much as I like Consolevania I think the encoding and compression is generally quite shitty, and I'm a bit dissapointed that it's not working (yes, yes, it's free). Anyway, I'd appreciate any help....

Look for Video Lan Media Player (type video LAN into download.com).

Downloading at 50K now though and will seed throughout the night. That's my Christmas gift to everyone :(

Ditto.

It'll probably not play on my PC but I'll shove it on the Xbox, which has played everything I've thrown at it. Nicely, my expectations aren't too high after reading this thread.

Sorry, but I found that episode dire, it was just embarrasing to watch. I thought the basic premise of Consolevania was that it was about games ?

I don't know what this was about. But for me, every single attempt at comedy fell flat on it's arse and then died miserably. Which is a shame because there's lots of bits from the first 4 episodes I thought were really great, in CV5 even the reviews seemed to lack something.

I liked it, thought it was great especially the DDR TAPTAPTAP part...

Was a little low on gaming stuff, but still, loving the humour and loving the fact that it's not shite like all over gaming shows.

I'll be seeding this on a 25kb/s upload for the next week or so

Jesus.

Everyone moaning in this thread can fuck right off. Its free, constructed using the enthusiasm for games we all posess but can't use to actually construct something vaguely resembleing consolevania.

Fucking enjoy it, most of you will be hailing these episodes as the 'golden past' once CV appears on BBCthree which you will utterly contempt due to not being 'underground'.

Enjoy it now, enjoy it in the future.

Jesus.