Consolevania 5

Audrey Tautou

The John Gacy bit was in bad taste but quite slick, well done. That Myamoto song was very well made, the lyrics were wrong but it too was slick.

I watched CV5 with Ed, my 10 year old son. Which, at times, seemed like a poor decision. Though we did laugh at Biglime's bollocks peeking under the ad-hoc underpants in the Hitler sketch.

Oh, and the games bits were great.

Episode 1: Good

Episode 2: Good

Episode 3: half good

Episode 4: half good:

Episode 5 and Xmas: shit.

I still haven't seen the first two. Can you still get them? I really haven't been impressed by 3 onwards, but the consensus does seem to be that they are far better.

Yeah thats the one.

I loved the intro, the introduction of Kenny, the bummed in the gob TV sketch, the Driv3r review, the Hitler sketch in the car grew on me, the start of TAP TAP TAP, End of level and Mid-level sub boss were excellent, the start of John Gacy (and his best sketch out of them all) and most of the music used was top notch.

It was just an all round quality episode with great music, great reviews and great new characters,

This is the first Consolevania I've ever seen, and I'm pleasantly surprised by it. The halo2 review was a bit meh (he basically was just telling what happened on the screen), and some sketches were too long. Especially the Adolf Hitler sketch, quite funny, but watching butt-naked men for longer then 10 seconds isn't a very pleasant experience.

The Top gear sketch was ace, however, you managed to mock Jeremy Clarksons way of talking pretty good. I laughed at the 'select your wrestler' bit too, but that's probably because I was pissed when I was it.

2 questions:

1. Who of the guys is biglime? Don't say 'the fat, bald bloke' as that's waaaay to obvious. :(

2. Oh, and will you please, PLEASE use subtitles? I don't understand a bit of what some of you are saying (especially during the Tales of symphonia review)

I've watched all the Consolevania's and I thought 5 was as good as any of the others.

Parts I liked were

Decision Commander - sounded like Thiery Henry to me.

Shigsy song - surely Miss Rachel could take some more deep throat sock rather than dancing in the garden??

Legend Song - Also good.

Kenny - Cracks me up that guy.

Reviews - A1, top notch stuff.

Disliked the gay Hitler song, apart from that all good, hope to see some more Consolevania soon.

Episode 1: Good

Episode 2: Good

Episode 3: Very Good

Episode 4: Excellent

Episode 5: Good

Xmas Special: Very Good

You know it. Thats my take on it too. Lets hope 7 will be just as good.

As for the older Eps, once they put the Xmas special and 5 into AVI, I'll make a torrent of all 6. That way, with a client like Azureus, you can download what you need, and sod the rest.

1. Who of the guys is biglime? Don't say 'the fat, bald bloke' as that's waaaay to obvious. ;)

Probably would make more sense if he answered it, but meh.

Biglime did Jeremy Clarkson. Also does Legend and Gacy among others.

Very funny he is too. :blink:

I think they're ok but there is an awful lot of (I assume) ad-libbing which is dull and goes on way too long in a lot of the sketches. I tend to find myself skipping alot of it. The bit in the Xmas special when they're discussing whats in the box is a prime example. As was the Shaq bit. I reckon the sketches need to be punchier.

ok, i'm probably being really thick here, but i've finally managed to download cv5 and i've installed everything mentioned so far in the thread, but i still cannot play it :P

the downloaded file is called cv5.rar - do i need to compile this in some way before i can play it? (you can probably tell this isn't my area of expertise)

i tried making a copy of the file and manually changing the file extension to .mpg but still no luck

a little help? :)

cheers