Shameless

Sham

Never seen it, worth a watch with it being the xmas special and all?

You might as well- I started watching S1 halfway through and I loved it (it was all repeated a few weeks after, so I managed to watch them all in the end). Then you can buy the DVD on the 27th, or whenever it's released.

It's an ace show <_<

I thought it really picked up in the last 3/4 of an hour or so, Frank was really funny towards the end. The actual plot for the epsiode was a bit 'wtf?' though, even for Shameless it was surreal and oddly serious. At least there's a new series starting in a few weeks.

Did anyone notice how that final freeze-frame over the credit's was like the last supper, with Frank as Jesus? Now that was funny.

it was good and bad,

you really had to of watched the series to have understood it, but the riot scenes were funny.

I watched the series and really enjoyed it, but tonights show was fucking dire. Hopefully the new series will be better, but I've got a horrible feeling its going te be a shitty mess

God, what a disappointment that was. It was all over the place- it was as if they got bored of the virus plot halfway through, then just improvised for twenty five minutes. And even that freeze frame at the end was awful, you could see it coming a mile off. Plus, they did it earlier in the episode with Sheila's birth and the three kings and stuff.

The wicked thing about Shameless was that each episode had a proper story, where the characters appreciably developed over the course of the episode. The Christmas special didn't do that at all- by the end of the episode, nothing's really changed, apart from Sheila's twins.

I hope the new series gets back on track, because this new pointlessly surreal direction for the programme is frankly rubbish.

It did pick up for the last half hour, yeah. I liked the Christmas morning scenes. But a lot of it was rubbish. And what the hell was with that electric wheelchair at the end? Embarrassingly unfunny.

And where was the big fat lesbian? :)

Now I am a big fan of Shameless.Loved the series and even have the DVD next to me after Play sent it dead early along with my three disc Memento DVD but I have to admit being completely underwhelmed by the special.It dragged on and seemed to have lost the characterisation that made the series so good.

The only great bit was the soldier getting the blowjob :ph34r: