Dreamcast Scud Race..

nausea

Yep, probably the greatest 'lost' DC game. Sure, we got Half Life, Propeller Arena and that Bowling game leaked long after the DC died, but they were all pretty much done and dusted. We'll never see Scud Race, and that's a damned shame.

At least the DC version of Daytona was brilliant.

what makes me sad is that sega released shit like Sega GT and passed this one up.. weird, as it would be a massive hit, it has after all loads of fans.

i've yet to play daytona 2001 with a wheel.. i can't control it with the pad! :(

what makes me sad is that sega released shit like Sega GT and passed this one up.. weird, as it would be a massive hit, it has after all loads of fans.

i've yet to play daytona 2001 with a wheel.. i can't control it with the pad!  :)

Scud race couldnt be done as Sony owned the porsche licence (remember they made a game just based on that car) and sega didnt have the rights for the home version. Theres also the fact sega of america didnt want too many arcade ports on the machine. Thats why a 3rd party publisher released virtua on OT.

Jet Set Radio 2 became Jet Set Radio future anyways.

Still is a shame, i never played the arcade game but would have liked to have had a go of this, i heard DCM has a copy of the demo though.

It was only a tech demo. There's an interview with Nagoshi on got-next.com that went up last week and he says he doesn't know why the didn't make it.

They could have just changed the cars a bit, the kind of people who'd buy it wouldn't care about the cars having liscences.

I used to play Daytona USA in the arcade every lunch break for about a year. Didn't like Scud Race much at first because the handling is so tempermental but the game is just genius if you practice it. It's hands down my favourite arcade racer. I just wish the cabinets were more common. The one I used play on was filthy, broken brakes and cost a pound a play. Despite all that I really miss it.

scud racer wast very good IMO, like molly said, the handling was odd to say the least. The tracks werent very good and the trackside detial was odd.

It hasnt stood the test of time either. I played it last week, and it looks bloody awful, on the other hand sega rally and daytona look fooking fantastic!

Scud race couldnt be done as Sony owned the porsche licence (remember they made a game just based on that car) and sega didnt have the rights for the home version. Theres also the fact sega of america didnt want too many arcade ports on the machine. Thats why a 3rd party publisher released virtua on OT.

Jet Set Radio 2 became Jet Set Radio future anyways.

Still is a shame, i never played the arcade game but would have liked to have had a go of this, i heard DCM has a copy of the demo though.

spookily enough, I was just reading Games #9 where they said that exact same thing about SEGA, the DC, and Scud Race... <_<

It hasnt stood the test of time either. I played it last week, and it looks bloody awful, on the other hand sega rally and daytona look fooking fantastic!

it would have been a helluva launch title for the DC though. <_<

i still like it.. i played it 2 years ago and i loved every minute of it, looked and played lovely. it's still one of a kind i think. it was something different than the generic GT type racers with bland track design that was released back then.

Yep, probably the greatest 'lost' DC game. Sure, we got Half Life, Propeller Arena and that Bowling game leaked long after the DC died, but they were all pretty much done and dusted. We'll never see Scud Race, and that's a damned shame.

At least the DC version of Daytona was brilliant.

Is it possible to actually get Propellor Arena on the DC from anywhere?

I know it was never released but it was one of my favourite Arcade games.

Is it possible to actually get Propellor Arena on the DC from anywhere?

I know it was never released but it was one of my favourite Arcade games.

You're thinking of Prop Cycle.

Propeller Arena was never an arcade game. But yes, Propeller Arena was 'leaked' onto the internet earlier this year.

I live in Ireland. There's an arcade with Outrun 2 and Virtua Fighter 4 in Dublin but no Special Tours or Final Tuned.

Samba De Amigo and Virtual On with the proper peripherals are pretty damned expensive. I may take the plunge eventually. I certainly didn't see either of those in London arcades when I was there. Trocadero sucks nowadays.

There used to be a virtua on in my local debenhams years ago when they had an arcade on the top floor, i never played it though cos it looked way to complex with the two sticks.

I now own the home versions with the twin sticks for the DC and saturn, saturn ones normally go for 40 quid while DC ones a little bit more, managed to pick up a jap set for 50 quid in london recently though.

also samba has come down loads in price recently, 70 quid is the mark to aim for and people have sold them here for that price.

VF4 and our run can be gotten on the ps2 and xbox respectivly.

There used to be a virtua on in my local debenhams years ago when they had an arcade on the top floor, i never played it though cos it looked way to complex with the two sticks.

I now own the home versions with the twin sticks for the DC and saturn, saturn ones normally go for 40 quid while DC ones a little bit more, managed to pick up a jap set for 50 quid in london recently though.

also samba has come down loads in price recently, 70 quid is the mark to aim for and people have sold them here for that price.

VF4 and our run can be gotten on the ps2 and xbox respectivly.

Cool to know the prices have come down.

I know you can get VF4: Evo and Outrun 2 on consoles. I own both. But I want Final Tuned and Special Tours.