IGNORED

First Ds Roms Released

Halo

another fantastic topic, you should all be proud/ashamed/taken out back and beaten with a length of hosepipe.

This sort of thing is important, of course, because all the fun hombrew stuff often relies on the advances made by nasty piracy. If people didn't want flashcarts to run pirated gba games on, they wouldn't have ever hit a worthwhile price for use with good stuff like pocketnes and the mediaplayers and ebook readers and the like.

another fantastic topic, you should all be proud/ashamed/taken out back and beaten with a length of hosepipe.

This sort of thing is important, of course, because all the fun hombrew stuff often relies on the advances made by nasty piracy. If people didn't want flashcarts to run pirated gba games on, they wouldn't have ever hit a worthwhile price for use with good stuff like pocketnes and the mediaplayers and ebook readers and the like.

The reason people buy flashcarts is because Nintendo refuse to drop the retail price of a GBA cart from £29.99

£29.99 to play Super Mario World on a GBA? Cock off

£34.99 to play a remake of a game that was on the Gameboy? Cock off double

£29.99 to play some shitty Barbie game that I'm only mentioning to further my point? Cock off triple

The reason people buy flashcarts is simple, because 99.99% of GBA games out there don't deserve your money. I believe this will apply to the DS as well, the volume of shite games will pile up on it and we can clearly see this from the launch titles, and the titles that will appear in the next few months.

Plus DS piracy should be rather cheap, that card medium for storage would cost far far less to make than a full GBA cartridge with RTC built in.

Whenever the first DS Flashcard comes out, I will surely be purchasing one.

well no, GBA games were $30-40 in the US and £29.99-£34.99 over here. why do people always do the currency conversion, because it's completely stupid...

I presume you're looking for an answer more sophisticated than 'because it gives folk a comparitive figure, rather than an amount than means nothing'?

Well I've had a read around and it appears that the Mario 64 release is a fake file and that the Metroid Demo will dump, but is completely "nuked", IE, corrupted. Clearly there is encryption to be cracked, just to get the data off the cards.

Rumour has it that the Mario 64 floating around is fake, but the Metroid demo is real (but nuked due to the fact it's a demo and not an actual game). More DS dumps are to follow.

See http://www.darkfader.net/ds/ for more info.

.:. Even more pathetic, someone not wanting to see how pathetic they are to copy this shit. Comes close to the sick bastard that added me to MSN, whom I didn't even know, and asked me if I wanted to copy GTA: SA for him. The sheer stupidity and patheticness makes you blind. For the sake of all of us, I hope you will one day see the light, but I hardly think so .:.

.:. Even more pathetic, someone not wanting to see how pathetic they are to copy this shit. Comes close to the sick bastard that added me to MSN, whom I didn't even know, and asked me if I wanted to copy GTA: SA for him. The sheer stupidity and patheticness makes you blind. For the sake of all of us, I hope you will one day see the light, but I hardly think so .:.

So, me finding the reverse engineering of software intresting is sad? The guy who had built the thing to dump the rom has done so to create homebrew software - because of a distinct lack of documentation out there, people are writing it. You do realise the large amount of GBA homebrew out there is due to the fact it was emulated and reverse engineered so early on?

Whatsmore, I find it highly amusing that you think I would want to pirate the DS games which are either reasonably impractical to play on a PC, or poor ports of another version. I find it impressive that it's possible rather than having it to play.

Also, what relevance AT ALL does blindingly dull MSN story have?

Oh yes, and is this a good time for you to check my games list? It's in my signature - I own 377 original games and god-knows how many consoles, spending several thousand pounds in the process. Your turn - you don't care about emulation or homebrew, lets compare my monetary contribution compares to YOUR monetary contribution to the games industry shall we? I mean, on your high horse, I hope it's double or triple my contribution because, obviously, as I'm intrested in emulation it means I pirate games and don't give money to the games industry, yes?

In summary: Fuck off. Thanks.

Good points there Halo. Just ignore the illiterate twat,

As for DS emulation? Hmm, I think it'll take a while, but it will be possible. To a lesser extent on a PC, but I think certain smartphones and PDAs will be able to emulate the touchscreen quite well. Technology is going forth at a very fast rate. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Can you see me making spaz faces at you from all the way up there on your moral high-horse?

"He is ze mightiest fucknut of zem all..."

EDIT: And just to clarify, we're not all 'pro-warez whores who prefer to download games rather than buy them and not realise we're contributing to the downfall of the games industry'.

"He is ze mightiest fucknut of zem all..."

EDIT: And just to clarify, we're not all 'pro-warez whores who prefer to download games rather than buy them and not realise we're contributing to the downfall of the games industry'.

.:. I am so glad you said so. Now I can go to sleep without worrying. Ow no, there's still the stupidity and hypocrism to worry about .:.

.:. I am so glad you said so. Now I can go to sleep without worrying. Ow no, there's still the stupidity and hypocrism to worry about .:.

Hypocrism <_< Did you went to college or something?

I'm sure you only came into this thread to invent new words.