IGNORED

Right - Ps3 - Break It Down

Dimahoo

Does anyone know what companies are actually being involved in the making of the components for Sony's PS3 - i figure that these companies are going to be worth investing in and their shares should rise.

Unless of course Sony have already named them and their share prices have already gone up.

So if someone can list the different companies involved, some of us here can invest some cash and make a million*

* i accept no responsibilty for the loss of any investment in these companies.

Yes, I'm sure IBM's shares are going to go sky high when two consoles which represent a tiny fraction of their total income are released.

ah but Sony intends to conquer to home with these cell chips in every conceivable device.

That WILL make a big imapct on IBM's bottom line

"Inconceivable!"

IBM's shares are surely massively expensive anyway and I doubt that they will get much more profitable since they sold off their PC business to the Koreans (Chinese?) a few weeks ago. The same applies to any of those other massive companies. No doubt you may make some money but certainly not millions unless you have millions to invest.

Now, if you knew which company was tooling up the factories for the console manufacturers or something similar you could stand to make some money from their shares.

Just talking to a friend on MSN and this was said by him:

PSP - Proven to be faulty, overheats and crashes after 20 minutes* says:

oh, and the PS3 requires you to pay a monthly subscription to own

PSP - Proven to be faulty, overheats and crashes after 20 minutes says:

like the nGage, but without the mobile phone system

the PS3 requires a broadband internet connection otherwise the game wont run

*no, hes not a sony fan.

But is this true that the PS3 could require a subscription just to USE it? I can't see it being a popular move....

*no, hes not a sony fan.

But is this true that the PS3 could require a subscription just to USE it? I can't see it being a popular move....

What a mong. Of all the PSP's genuine faults, he has to make shit up for his fanboyish name. Anyway, he's making the PS3 stuff up too. My information comes straight from the top, you understand. Where "the top" = "reality".

Erm, as for nVidia, I temporarily forgot that they're not ATI. Whoops.

Buy some shares in nVidia anyway.

Of all the PSP's genuine faults, he has to make shit up for his fanboyish name.

Yeah, he's a total sega fanboy. And he admits it.

I just wanted some confirmation (although I did doubt it a bit, no web results) and knew that one of the infinite repostiories of gaming wisdom found on here (read: Alex W., Alex W. or Alex W.) would know.

Oh, and I do indeed need to get out more. In fact, I have clawed hands and a right angled back form gaming 24 hours a day, and have food piped in liquid form to my stomach through a hole in my upper back. ;)

*no, hes not a sony fan.

Nah, sony's not that stupid, they know their userbase too well.

What was sony's reason for dumping ATi by the way? Did they just fancy being different? (not that I disagree with the move or anything, I quite like nVidia, they have a nice logo)

For goodness sake, i thought there was normally a small common sense test for this sort of thing. People can just make shit up so blatently and still get attention?

Cos also, nintendo's next system will have a brain-reader which if the player doesn't think the console is innovative and fun within 3 seconds of power on it will enduce a coma.

You are joking right?

PS3's handed out for "free" on a monthly contract?

Marketing genius. Worked for the mobile companies, didn't it?

If only Sony had the balls and infrastructure to actually carry it out.

Subscription?

Wasn't the PS2 supposed to have online capabilty?

If this was their intention though I wonder if Sony have been examining the shit thats occured with Steam (although i'm yet to have any).

It would kill them.

Anyway, if Nvidia have already been chosen as the company, their share prices would surely be already affected as 'potential profits' - i might add i've never went to uni but understand that a companys shre price will rise on speculation.

I assume it also rises with profits actually made, rather then speculated.

A bit of explanation.

Just one single mobile phone company - Vodafone - have 340 million customers world wide. The vast majority of whom have the price of their handsets subsidised by the monthly contract costs and ongoing usage charges.

Console sales don't even come close.

If I were running SCE, I know what business model I'd be using for the PS3.