IGNORED

Do You Play Your Games Through Your Tv-in Card?

templar wizard

if so use Dscaler

http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

its really really good. the resolution on my TV isnt the best and i wanted a sharper image. so rather than buy an expensive TV, i got a very cheap TV-in card and dscaler.

Ninja Gaiden is the best looking game i have ever seen. San Andreas has a sharp image. Burnout3 is sliky smooth and sharp.

MGS3 looks great... and so on...

and for existing Dscaler users: as you know, there are a wealth of options and settings, what do you use to get your best results?

I full screen in 1024, temporal comb filter, sharpness filter, blended clip deinterlace, highmotionvid.

Curse this thread.

I read it and thought 'Yeah!, damn fine idea!', unplugged my PS2 from the TV (with all the cable untangling that entails), rooted through my cable bags to get the right audio connectors etc and plugged it into the SVideo connector on my video card before realisation sunk in that it was TV-out, not TV-in.

Christmas has been stressful.

Funnily enough I've been trying to do this this evening, but find my TV input too laggy to play any games sensibly (was playing mario all stars for some reason). I got a Miglia DV converter thingy for xmas, and it occured to me I could use it for playing games on my laptop display, but the satellite delay was too much for any serious gaming. Would be ok for Animal Crossing and the like though, I suppose.

so does that play it on my monitor? or does it put it through the pc, onto the monitor? because I'd love to be able to have tv or games on my monitor, whilst using my pc for normal stoofs

Just the monitor. Cable goes in, VGA goes out. There's a pass through for connecting a PC as well.

..... and plugged it into the SVideo connector on my video card before realisation sunk in that it was TV-out, not TV-in.

then what you need is a cheap-ass TV-in card which has a S-vid in. i bought one in helsinki (a notorious ripoff joint) for 25€. im sre you can get one for a cheaper price in the UK.

its a much cheaper alternative to Jacks (higher visual quality) suggestion.