And If Nintendo Fail In The Next Generation?

But that's the thing though, you don't seem to know anything. The number of times I've seen you be corrected by other forumites on apparently factual information you've posted is stupid. Most times you don't even admit it as well, just gloss over your mistakes and carry on posting pseudo-intellectual garbage.

When?

Where?

Evidence please...

.:.

I'm talking about the total picture, including GBA and including the software. They earn good money with what they're doing, so no reason to talk about faillure.

And yes, Microsoft loses $450 on every Xbox console. If I am some dollars of, let's bring it back to Euro's. An Xbox costs 150 euro's while producing the damn thing costs 500 euro's. You do the math.

.:.

Since you are able to quote these direct figures, could you also please show your source? (That's for Nintendo and Microsoft)

Why do people always go on about the GBA keeping Nintendo afloat?

Take Pokemon out of the picture and their GBA software sales are not that great - they have had more million sellers on the GC than the GBA.

For those harping on about how it would help Nintendos sales if they went multiformat, well it hasnt exactly helped Segas has it?

Why?

Pokemon is a massive seller for Nintendo and does make them vast amounts of money but my point was that apart from this Nintendo do not have any big sellers on the GBA.

I read time and time again about how the GBA is keeping Nintendo afloat, but software sales on the machine are notoriously low.

Pokemon is a massive seller for Nintendo and does make them vast amounts of money but my point was that apart from this Nintendo do not have any big sellers on the GBA.

I read time and time again about how the GBA is keeping Nintendo afloat, but software sales on the machine are notoriously low.

But what's the point in saying: "Apart from the really big sellers they don't have any really big seller"?

Self-evident surely?

And I'm pretty sure they have plenty of big sellers. Even the overpriced NES releases were big hits.

But what's the point in saying: "Apart from the really big sellers they don't have any really big seller"?

Self-evident surely?

And I'm pretty sure they have plenty of big sellers. Even the overpriced NES releases were big hits.

Because people like using strawmen arguments when reality doesn't conform.

Pokemon cannot singuarly account for Nintendos profits - it sold about 3m copies last year and Nintendo had $300m profit (2004, and down 50% from last year).

There is nothing complex about the point I am making - I was simply saying Pokemon aside there are no big sellers on the GBA - Nintendo have more million sellers on the GC.

I am just trying to prompt some of those people who claim that the GBA is keeping Nintendo afloat to give some reasoning to their argument.

Because people like using strawmen arguments when reality doesn't conform.

Thats slightly harsh considering the whole point in my post is to try to get a response from the strawman argument than the GBA is keeping Nintendo afloat.

maybe not that much but hardware is traditionally a loss-leader (cue: "nintendo make a profit on console sales")

I thought this was actually a massive misconception, and that it was only recently that they actually started selling consoles for a loss?

I thought this was actually a massive misconception, and that it was only recently that they actually started selling consoles for a loss?

There was a really interesting article about hardware losses in Fortune a couple of years ago, but I can’t seem to find it on their website. So in the mean time, here’s an interesting piece from The Acts of Gord that I drag out when hardware losses start being discussed.

this has more than likely been posted before and i cba to make its own thread but wired mag has an interesting interview with hiroshi Yamauchi.

http://www.gamerah.com/noticias.php?bias=180#180

the best bit is the talks with microsoft :D

fucking ace. true to form he insults everyone. he reckons the PSP is the worst concept for a handheld device he's ever seen :D

edit. infact that's the best interview i've read in ages. it comes to something in this business when it takes a retired 70 odd year guy to actually talk with any passion.

fucking ace. true to form he insults everyone. he reckons the PSP is the worst concept for a handheld device he's ever seen :)

edit. infact that's the best interview i've read in ages. it comes to something in this business when it takes a retired 70 odd year guy to actually talk with any passion.

hahah, didnt you notice the giant red quote on the second page that says:

"HEY BALMER, WHY DONT YOU SUCK MY TINY YELLOW BALLS"

Quite amusing, all the same.

hahah, didnt you notice the giant red quote on the second page that says:

"HEY BALMER, WHY DONT YOU SUCK MY TINY YELLOW BALLS"

Quite amusing, all the same.

to be honest, knowing a bit about Yamauchi's past it nothing would surprise me, but on reflection, yes, it is a bit over the top :D

anyway i enjoyed it for what it was worth.

edit. besides, i didn't read it form beginning to end, in which case would have become clear sooner. honest :ph34r: