And If Nintendo Fail In The Next Generation?

Just shows how anti Nintendo you are I guess.  Not only did you make a seperate thread for the 'news', but you also felt compelled to post it in here as well, and add a wonderful  :)  at the end of it.

With every post I see of yours, your twatness level goes up a notch.

I'm not anti-Nintendo...

I have my fair share of Nintendo games and many of them constitute as being in my all-time top 10 of all time...

10 best games of all time (in no particular order)

==================================

Legend of Zelda: A link to the past (Nintendo)

Super Mario Kart (Nintendo)

Super Mario World (Nintendo)

Super Mario 64 (Nintendo)

Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo)

Metal Gear Solid (Konami)

Sensible Soccer (Mindiscape?)

Speedball 2 (Bitmap Brothers)

Radiant Silvergun (Treasure)

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Sega)

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=66521&st=100

But I'm dismayed as to how my fellow forumites' blindness can lead them to believe that Nintendo haven't shot themselves in the foot. Their credibility is at an all-time low and I (for one) can't sympathise with them any longer...

So if I'm the only one who has undergone a reality check around here, I guess I must a twat... NOT!

:P

You are a twat prankster because you continue to be "pleased" to post any negative news regarding Nintendo (see your grin at the end of your post about the news) and continue to have nothing but negative (and often ill-informed) things to say about the situation.

Not many people here care if their "credibility is at an all time low". Most of us just like playing games.

Maybe you should spend a bit more time doing that.

You are a twat prankster because you continue to be "pleased" to post any negative news regarding Nintendo (see your grin at the end of your post about the news) and continue to have nothing but negative (and often ill-informed) things to say about the situation.

Not many people here care if their "credibility is at an all time low". Most of us just like playing games.

Maybe you should spend a bit more time doing that.

Any company worth their salt cares about the image which it portrays to its consumers.

How can you expect me to believe that most fanboys don't care about the marketing image of their beloved nintendo when we all know that it's becoming increasingly harder for company to remain competitve when their brand image "suffers" (ie here's another kiddy game).

And I'm not pleased. I'm just tired of always being there and stating "I Told You So".

Even I'm getting bored now...

But I'm dismayed as to how my fellow forumites' blindness can lead them to believe that Nintendo haven't shot themselves in the foot. Their credibility is at an all-time low and I (for one) can't sympathise with them any longer...

So if I'm the only one who has undergone a reality check around here, I guess I must a twat... NOT!

:)

what are you trying to prove here ? believe it or not Nintendo's position in Europe or whatever your perceived problems of them are doesn't affect some people's ability to enjoy the titles they put out, which are generally of a higher standard than most.

if you need to be constantly reassured that a format is doing well before you can relax and enjot the games on offer then that's your problem. stop trying to make it everyone else's.

Oh, and you think Nintendo don't give a fuck about their image? Of course they do, they are making changes, they have been this whole generation. You cannot expect an instant turn around.

Yes, Nintendo are doing badly in Europe, but I still get fun from the games they develop. I loved Wind Waker and Sunshine. Yes, they weren't as good as the N64 iterations, but when those are two of the finest games ever made, how the hell can they be improved?

The fact that you refer to gaming gems such as Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Pikmin and Animal Crossing as kiddies games makes me want to punch my monitor. They are games that someone of any age can sit down and enjoy.

Any company worth their salt cares about the image which it portrays to its consumers.

How can you expect me to believe that most fanboys don't care about the marketing image of their beloved nintendo when we all know that it's becoming increasingly harder for company to remain competitve when their brand image "suffers" (ie here's another kiddy game).

And I'm not pleased. I'm just tired of always being there and stating "I Told You So".

Even I'm getting bored now...

But that's the thing though, you don't seem to know anything. The number of times I've seen you be corrected by other forumites on apparently factual information you've posted is stupid. Most times you don't even admit it as well, just gloss over your mistakes and carry on posting pseudo-intellectual garbage.

what are you trying to prove here ? believe it or not Nintendo's position in Europe or whatever your perceived problems of them are doesn't affect some people's ability to enjoy the titles they put out, which are generally of a higher standard than most.

if you need to be constantly reassured that a format is doing well before you can relax and enjot the games on offer then that's your problem. stop trying to make it everyone else's.

Nintendo aren't in a position where they can only afford to cater for a "tiny niche" of the overall market, especially when the stakes are now so high.

I've owned a GC for over a year and whilst I don't have any problems with Nintendo's (admittedly high) output, I can't see as to how their underperformance is going to bode well for future nintendo releases... Whether that be on the GC or on any other machine in fact.

As boyatsea stated, Nintendo should stop relying on their forthcoming hardware and try to iron out their problems NOW.

Because sooner or later, it really would be Bye Bye Boy.

And then that really would be a crying shame. :)

The fact that you refer to gaming gems such as Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Pikmin and Animal Crossing as kiddies games makes me want to punch my monitor. They are games that someone of any age can sit down and enjoy.

The general consensus amongst the public is that nintendo games are designed for children...

And please don't correct me with all the Eternal Darkness/MGS/RE/Metroid replies...

I've owned a GC for over a year and whilst I don't have any problems with Nintendo's (admittedly high) output, I can't see as to how their underperformance is going to bode well for future nintendo releases... Whether that be on the GC or on any other machine in fact.

Nintendo are the biggest grossing software publisher in the world you fucking moron.

The general consensus amongst the public is that nintendo games are designed for children...

Ok then, what they need to do is thus;

- Chuck out the classic music from games like Mario, Zelda and Metroid. Stick a Hip-hop, rock, what-ever is 'in' at the minute soundtrack in there.

- Add the odd fuck, cunt, mother fucker, piss flaps etc to the dialogue.

- Have fantastically good box art, preferably with a naked women, holding a big gun and some quote on the front such as; "AMAZING GRAFIX INNIT?"

- Have realistic looking graphics, none of this cartoon looking shit.

- Violence, lots of violence.

Any more?

And please don't correct me with all the Eternal Darkness/MGS/RE/Metroid replies...

because of course children don't play videogames do they :)

correcting you on Eternal Darkness et al is the least of our problems when it comes to educating you.

Ok then, what they need to do is thus;

- Chuck out the classic music from games like Mario, Zelda and Metroid. Stick a Hip-hop, rock, what-ever is 'in' at the minute soundtrack in there.

- Add the odd fuck, cunt, mother fucker, piss flaps etc to the dialogue.

- Have fantastically good box art, preferably with a naked women, holding a big gun and some quote on the front such as; "AMAZING GRAFIX INNIT?"

- Have realistic looking graphics, none of this cartoon looking shit.

- Violence, lots of violence.

Any more?

One of the last games I bought was "Beyond Good and Evil".

Quality game... If I may say so myself.

Software, NOT hardware...

It's like asking disney to release titles on its very own proprietry format.

The market won't support it.

yes that's why i said SOFTWARE PUBLISHER. to claim they wouldn't succeed on other formats is a fucking joke. Sony, MS, whoever would fucking love it if they could get Nintendo games on their platforms.

Why would Nintendo opening up their software catalogue to the largest videogame audience that has ever existed in the history of videogames be an unwise move for them?

And before someone reels out the usual 'profitable hardware' argument, we'd need to establish exacly how much that is. £10 - £15 per unit?

I can't imagine that 3rd party software royalties add up to much either.

Could it be argued that the increased sales of their software would more than make up for these potential revenue losses? The savings on R&D, hardware marketing etc. etc. could be fairly substantial could they not?

I'm not suggesting they should, I'm merely asking the forum what their thoughts on this might be, perferably without certain people getting excited and shouting the suggestion down with naughty words!

My jury is out on the idea, y'see.

The thing is, the people who buy Nintendo consoles generally, at the very least, want to buy Nintendo games. If they became just another softco then they wouldn't have this 'captive audience'. Arguably, people don't buy PS2s or Xboxes to play Sony or Microsoft games. What I mean by that is, yeah they might want particular franchises by the 'big 2' but a lot of people who buy the Nintendo platform want the whole Nintendo love-in, whatever the genre. That's just a thought and a semi-drunken one at that. I'll go further, why have one platform when you can buy a selection of largely subsidised platforms? the only thing to worry about is scart sockets and shelf space. I think we should revel in the current market model til technology reaches a real plateau, instead of all these false ones we all applaud every so many years. I think a 5 year console cycle is about right. I await the next gen with avid interest.

.:.

I don't think Nintendo is as doomed as many people think. They still make, next to EA, the most profit in the gaming industry. What Microsoft loses to the Xbox every year (450 dollars loss per sold Xbox console), is what Nintendo makes as a profit.

As long as they are doing as good as this, why take away the change for them to be original and make good games on good consoles that work perfectly together and make a great game. Surely, they could choose to work for other consoles, but then they can't put in all their own original ideas.

What Microsoft loses to the Xbox every year (450 dollars loss per sold Xbox console), is what Nintendo makes as a profit.

I very much doubt that Microsoft is losing quite so much, and for Nintendo to be making $450 on every Gamecube sold, they'd have to be selling it at over $450.

Unless you were talking about something else.

I'm talking about the total picture, including GBA and including the software. They earn good money with what they're doing, so no reason to talk about faillure.

And yes, Microsoft loses $450 on every Xbox console. If I am some dollars of, let's bring it back to Euro's. An Xbox costs 150 euro's while producing the damn thing costs 500 euro's. You do the math.