Damn You Nintendo

No no, it's NOE's fault! Or the chavs. One of the two.

Actually it is NOE's fault, as they would presumably have failed miserably to convince Argos and stump up the cash required.

Still, makes Games Radar look stupid, but that isn't exactly challenging.

Index, for instance, have been flogging Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for £9.99, Mario Sunshine for £6.99 and WrestleMania X8 for a mere £5.99,

OMG! there selling really old games for cheap! Did you hear that Halo is only a tenner as well! Xbox is dead in the UK!!11!!

Oh come on people. If these games were only a few months old then this would be worrying.

.:.

Too bad but nothing lost, that all I've got to say about this.

Nintendo is still making the most profit out of the big three, being second after EA in the entire industry.

Can you say Nintendo is doing a bad job when you are making that much profit, making good games AND making about the amount of profit that Microsoft loses to keep Xbox alive every year?

hey, joka1 get out of my thread!

Nintendo are only shit creatively these days, not fanancially.They still kick major arse when it comes to gaming goodness, right now they're fighting with one hand tied behind their back,

they're a hardass wing zero gundam piloted by some shitfaced geek who doesnt know what he's doing but as soon that will change.

Revolution. wait for it.

hey, joka1 get out of my thread!

Nintendo are only shit creatively these days, not fanancially.They still kick major arse when it comes to gaming goodness, right now they're fighting with one hand tied behind their back,

they're a hardass wing zero gundam piloted by some shitfaced geek who doesnt know what he's doing but as soon that will change.

Revolution. wait for it.

Indeed, I am.

It's just sad to see Nintendo whoring out the GameCube in this way. Indeed, the Revolution may not be far off, but it’s really depressing that Nintendo are basically throwing the GameCube at people for the price of game.

It deserves better than that.

How many more times are Nintendo going to shit on their brand, in the hope that the next one will supersede it?

They should have left it at £80. Even then it was a steal.

hopefully the next the revolution wont be sold at such a cheap price. they need to charge a bit more and make a quality looking and feeling console. buy some decent plastic and not use purple as the primary colour, its an ace colour but should be used sparengly, eg like the purple buttons on the US SNES.

They should match MS and Sony but chuck in a game. They need to bring back bundled games.

hopefully the next the revolution wont be sold at such a cheap price. they need to charge a bit more and make a quality looking and feeling console. buy some decent plastic and not use purple as the primary colour, its an ace colour but should be used sparengly, eg like the purple buttons on the US SNES.

They should match MS and Sony but chuck in a game. They need to bring back bundled games.

I think the success of the Revolution is going to depend on deeper issues than simply its price point, and the addition of bundled games.

Nintendo really needs to rethink its strategy. Either it takes on the Xbox and PlayStation formats head on, or it completely completely differentiates itself from this side of gaming, and follows its own path.

I don't think Nintendo will ever overprice a console for the image they get by that. Tell me one time when Nintendo sacrifised the gamer for their image. Nintendo doesn't give that much about an image. They know they sell to the gamers that are true to them, partially because they don't screw them, and at a cheap price, it's easier to give it a try and get hooked.

I don't think Nintendo will ever overprice a console for the image they get by that. Tell me one time when Nintendo sacrifised the gamer for their image. Nintendo doesn't give that much about an image. They know they sell to the gamers that are true to them, partially because they don't screw them, and at a cheap price, it's easier to give it a try and get hooked.

Having an 'image' as you putting it does not equal screwing gamers.

I guess you weren't around for the N64 launch, then? And I guess you didn't feel like you've been completely twatted for paying full whack for it, a few months later either?

Nintendo are dark horses. The Gamecube may seem like a cheap bargain on it's own, but for all the extra shit they encourage you to buy to enjoy their games 'to the fullest' you end up paying far more than you do for say, an Xbox with Live.

so about £5 worth of stuff to them then?

You could spend £100 however you want, either by getting 4 pads or 2 pads and a game, or mixing them both as I remember.

What is wrong with giving people the POSSIBILITY to enjoy a game even more?

It's wrong because they force it upon you, features that are freely available in Xbox and PS2 games (take POP for example) need a GBA (£69) and a connector (£30) to access of the GC. Maybe even a copy of POP on the GBA (another £30) along with you're original GC copy of POP (yet another £30). The prices soon add up.

Are people stupid or something? Of the current consoles on the marked, GameCube is my favorite of the lot. There are so many great games for this little machine, esp. the exclusive ones.

Calling the GC names like Gheycube, KidCube and such is only proof to how stupid the people are. There is nothing childish about the GC? There is nothing gay about it! There is nothing crap about it!

The fact that you can't (or couldn't) mod the GC to play Divx, DVDs, Pirated discs, play MP3, store games and cheats on a HDD and so on only makes the Cube a purer gaming machine and this is the reason I adore it. There is nothing else to it; put a game in it, press the powerbutton and you're on. There is no overnight DLing of games, unpacking of RAR files, burning, switching MOD chip on and of and so on. It is a Gamecube, it does what is says on the box.

Then there are those who doesn't have a MOD chip for their PS2s and Xbox's and still turn their back on the Cube, again I don't understand why. I can understand why they love their PS2 and/or their Xbox, cause they both have lots of quality titles (also exclusive ones) but this doesn't mean the GC doesn't have its own qualities that are good enough to compete with the qualites of the other two consoles.

Flaming and fanboyism just for the sake of it isn't just stupid and unnescessary, its a fucking mental disease and you know it.