I Want To Play This So Bad

nausea

I've played it a couple of times, thought it was hilarious - speed around the corners too fast and the nurse in the back starts complaining that Little Timmy is losing too much blood (or something along those lines)

Never did get the little sod to the hospital though.

Shame this, Safari Jambo (?) and the Sega firefighting game didn't come together in the rumoured "careers" pack for the Dreamcast...

• 1 year later...

My students' union had ECA back in 2001-2002, in a proper sit-down cabinet with flashy ambulance lights!

Awesome, awesome game. I ruled at it, too - I had 7 out of the top 10 scores, including the whole top 5. The only time I've ever achieved, and held, a number one high score!

The other three places were held by my mate Jamie, who was the number one Crazy Taxi player in the Union by an outrageous margin. He would play ECA every now and again when he got bored with CT.

Those were the days...

ECA was way too short, though - only four levels. Wouldn't have worked as a home conversion, both because of its brevity and because it was essentially a rote-learning game. The traffic patterns were the same every time. It would forgive a couple of mistakes on the first three levels, but you had to be absolutely on the money on level 4 (driving the President's daughter to safety through torrential rain after Air Force One got taken down by a lightning strike, IIRC!)

I'd love to find a machine and spend an afternoon getting the groove back. I wonder how long it would take to nail each course again?

Naomi. (I think)

Fro mthe FAQ:

Title: Emergency Call Ambulance

Company: Sega Enterprises

Format: Arcade Model 3 Board

Type: Single-Player Dedicated Cabinet, Sit-Down*

Price: 1 play=100 yen

Region: Japan**

Release: Nov.1999

Controls: Steering Wheel, Gas Pedal, Brake Pedal, Gear Shift, Start

Button, View Change Button

CabColors: Red with silver, white, & black highlights

Misc: Flashing lights on top of cabinet, speakers in headrest.

And I recal lthe offical DC mag said the same and remarked how strange it not to have been a naomi board.

Fro mthe FAQ:

Title: Emergency Call Ambulance

Company: Sega Enterprises

Format: Arcade Model 3 Board

Type: Single-Player Dedicated Cabinet, Sit-Down*

Price: 1 play=100 yen

Region: Japan**

Release: Nov.1999

Controls: Steering Wheel, Gas Pedal, Brake Pedal, Gear Shift, Start

Button, View Change Button

CabColors: Red with silver, white, & black highlights

Misc: Flashing lights on top of cabinet, speakers in headrest.

And I recal lthe offical DC mag said the same and remarked how strange it not to have been a naomi board.

How odd. It doesn't exactly look Model 3.