IGNORED

Gaming Guilt

BubbleFish

I've found myself stuck recently. Stuck on MP Echoes and the bloody Spider Guardian (yes, I know...) I've been stuck now since early December and just can't get past it.

The game taunts me "44% complete" each time I give it a try. i so badly want to finish the game and see the rest of the story, explore the remaining MP world but it's becoming a real bind. I just can't give it one more go; each time I fail i feel like I'm one nano second closer to smashing my pad and biting the disc in two (really, believe me)

This is the only game thats ever doen this to me and it's killing me. Has anyone else had a similar experience? What did you do? Finally give up or keep on trying? It's also got me thinking, wasn't there a game that you could basically skip any section if you failed it so many times?

That would be a very good thing right now...

Man, Frequency is the king of this. I had about a week where I couldn't even get past the first bar of one song unless a power up appeared. A bit of practice though, and I've got it sussed - so satisfying to do in the end ;)

Keep at it I'd say - haven't played Prime 2 yet, but if its anything like the first one the bosses are difficult but do-able. Just concentrate on learning its attack patterns and honing your technique for now - you'll get it eventually.

As with everytime you get stuck in a game, patience is the key with the Spider Guardian. Once you start rushing, you'll start making silly mistakes, and it just gets worse.

Keep trying, but dont try to get it over with quickly. Take your time, and learn exactly what you need to do to avoid him, and when to hit him.

Stuck at the very end of Metroid Prime since March last year. I refuse to start any other GC game until i've finished and I also refuse to play it as everytime I do my blood boils. Stalemate.

Theres something about Metroid games that do this to us.I have been stuck on a boss for a week now on MP2 and it is doing my head right in.I should give up and go and play one of the other games crying out for my attention but the sheer class of the game makes me come back.Masochist that I am.

Theres something about Metroid games that do this to us.I have been stuck on a boss for a week now on MP2 and it is doing my head right in.I should give up and go and play one of the other games crying out for my attention but the sheer class of the game makes me come back.Masochist that I am.

Indeed, the final boss on MP1 was a cock jockey of epic proportions. I would beat him down to about one or two hits worth of health left, and with most of my health left. Then he'd just kill me.

I kept trying though, I wasn't going to give up that close to the end of a game.

Right now I'm totaly stuck at Syberia on the PS2.

MINOR SPOILERS AHOY.

It's at the bit you make the drink for the old Russian woman.

The thing is, I know how to make the drink (I made the relevent phone call), know the exact recipe, have all the ingredients fitted into the machine (even the liquified honey). I've followed the recipe in the specific order but she keeps rejecting my drink.

I've tried everything but can't get past that bit.

I'm at the point of just putting the fucking game down and calling it quits - because I think I've solved the puzzle but the game is being capricious.

It's driving me mental. ;)

I hate it when games do that. Same as when you cant get past a puzzle because you are standing 2mm to the left of where you should be. :o

I've found myself stuck recently. Stuck on MP Echoes and the bloody Spider Guardian (yes, I know...) I've been stuck now since early December and just can't get past it.

The game taunts me "44% complete" each time I give it a try. i so badly want to finish the game and see the rest of the story, explore the remaining MP world but it's becoming a real bind. I just can't give it one more go; each time I fail i feel like I'm one nano second closer to smashing my pad and biting the disc in two (really, believe me)

This is the only game thats ever doen this to me and it's killing me. Has anyone else had a similar experience? What did you do? Finally give up or keep on trying? It's also got me thinking, wasn't there a game that you could basically skip any section if you failed it so many times?

That would be a very good thing right now...

Freespace 2 would let you skip missions if you failed it 5 times, which was a pretty decent system. Shame more games don't employ this method, especially in games where the failing is not necessarily due to a lack of skill, more a dodgy design flaw

I'm stuck on the big fat bloke at the end of Shenmue 2 disc 3, I can beat him easy enough but I just can't do the QTE where he runs at you. I have tried writing down the button combinations you need and everything but I just can't do it! Have gone back to it since and still the same problem!

Also stuck on one of the bosses on Metroid Prime, think it may be Meta Ridley, although I only gave that about 4 or 5 attempts to be fair.

Stuck at the very end of Metroid Prime since March last year. I refuse to start any other GC game until i've finished and I also refuse to play it as everytime I do my blood boils. Stalemate.

I had the same problem, got to the very end, turns out I wasn't powered up enough. I crumbled and got a FAQ (shame, I know) to find the extra energy and missile power ups spread around the game.

Went back to that spider dude fully powered up and beat the crap out him on my second try. Get a FAQ and beat the chump.

Man, Frequency is the king of this. I had about a week where I couldn't even get past the first bar of one song unless a power up appeared. A bit of practice though, and I've got it sussed - so satisfying to do in the end :ph34r:

As far as that game went, I had no end of trouble with Roni Size, Meat Beat Manifesto, FreQ Out and End of Your World. They just seemed to have been arranged by Satan himself and it took weeks, maybe even a month or two to finish the game (something that amazes me now).

God, Roni frickin' Size...

Right now I'm totaly stuck at Syberia on the PS2.

MINOR SPOILERS AHOY.

It's at the bit you make the drink for the old Russian woman.

The thing is, I know how to make the drink (I made the relevent phone call), know the exact recipe, have all the ingredients fitted into the machine (even the liquified honey).   I've followed the recipe in the specific order but she keeps rejecting my drink.

I've tried everything but can't get past that bit.

I'm at the point of just putting the fucking game down and calling it quits - because I think I've solved the puzzle but the game is being capricious.

It's driving me mental.  :ph34r:

That bastard had me stuck for a long, long time. I can't quite remember what I was doing wrong now. From what I remember,

Click For Spoiler
I think you have to put the ingredients in the mixer in a specific order – but I don't remember if the recipe tells you that. I seem to remember you have to call someone as well, or is that to get the recipe in the first place? I'm sure you talk to a barman who tells you what order to put the ingredients in. Also, there's the switch that changes the function of the piano keys that I overlooked at first. But I'm pretty sure it was the phonecall that I missed.

EDIT: I clearly didn't read your post thoroughly enough. Ignore the above.

Click For Spoiler
Did you put the crystal glass on the side of the bar? You need that there so when she sings, it breaks, and she realises her voice is OK again.

If I get to an impossible (or really annoying) section in a game, and it has been enjoyable up to that point, then I will generally find a way to bypass it (God mode cheat, or something like that).

EXAMPLE: Far Cry

SOLUTION: console command /save_game (allowed me to save anywhere)

Why can't I ever get round to completing FF7 and Shenmue? Why do i always get halfway, lose interest and forget where I am....

And why does it bug me so much?......Why do I feel guilty instead of moving on with my life and being happy with the games I do enjoy?

WHY?

WHY?

WHY?