IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread

shirubagan

I'm not really a Slayer fan, but I listened to the title track of 'Seasons in the Abyss' for the first time in years and realised how amazing the intro is. I can take or leave the rest of the song, but the first two minutes are a great - slow, heavy and melodic. Anyone have any recommendations for stuff that's similar to the first two minutes?

'take or leave the rest of it'?!?

the lead break is amazing!

It's OK, I guess, but I'm not a massive fan of the kind of hardcore thrash that Slayer produce. I love 'Rust in Peace' and 'Kill 'Em All', but I think they offer something else from a musical point of view.

give their South of Heaven album a whirl, it's a touch slower and more melodic than all their other albums, massively underrated imo too.

Am doing so right now.

There's a bit of a doomy influence in that opening bit, maybe check out some Pentagram or St. Vitus

Quite like the St Vitus one. Cheers.

Saw Korn at Exit Festival in Serbia and I was expecting much, but,

THEY PUT ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS I HAVE EVER SEEN :lol:

Genuinely, they were amazing and the crowd of 50000 was eating out of their hands. Davies is actually a pretty great showman. Colour me surprised!

No worries. It's the only thing I have to recommend! It's so far up my street they as well be camped in my living room.

Whole album is up on Last.fm here. 'Enigmatic' and 'Incomplete' are especially blinding.

You know of anything else of that ilk? I've heard Rotten Sound, who're decent, but they don't quite have the oomph. Basically anything that sounds like Carcass, Napalm Death and Entombed thrown into a cement mixer and fired off a cliff. In space.

I shall check out Gadget later this evening, best thing since Nasum, high praise indeed. I'm familiar with Cephalic Carnage and Agoraphobic, but thanks for the recommendations. I might give Honkey Reduction a spin, haven't listened to it in aaaaaggeeessss. :lol:

Minsk sounds very, very good and right up my street. Will delve further into that one.

Gadget = thumbs up.

Since we're in the recommendation mood, anyone listen to much Funeral Doom as a genre? Its pretty limiting, but when you find a good album, they're usually keepers. Two from me:

Ahab - The Call of The Wretched Sea

and

The Funeral Orchestra - Feeding the Abyss

There isn't enough folk metal love going on.

I saw them at JB's in Dudley in about 1991/92 (that was at the proper shithole JB's before it moved next door to the zoo) and they were pretty damn awesome.