IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread

shirubagan

Saw Rolo Tomassi at Damnation last week. Enjoyed their set, despite having little clue what was going on. Part of me thought it sounded like Dillinger played backwards, with the Spectrum 128k version of the Ghouls 'n' Ghosts soundtrack played over the top.

My other reaction was that every song sounded like the entirety of Yes' "Tales From Topographic Oceans" played so quickly it only lasts three minutes.

Part of me thought it sounded like Dillinger played backwards, with the Spectrum 128k version of the Ghouls 'n' Ghosts soundtrack played over the top.

My other reaction was that every song sounded like the entirety of Yes' "Tales From Topographic Oceans" played so quickly it only lasts three minutes.

Amazing :lol:

The opening to the album is immense, like a mad spastic metal carnival attraction.

I tried listening to it on Spotify the other day but the production sounded really thin and weedy - is that the case or is just a poor rip? I've got premium so it's at 320kbps, so stuff usually sounds good.

A friend hooked me up with the whole album and I dunno, it sounds pretty pathetic to me. Whether that's down to me listening to the most ridiculous bass-heavy drum & bass/dubstep/electro tracks and becoming more accustomed to the overdriven low end or the album itself being particularly spartan I have no idea... It ended up sounding like 90s metal which was usually a little light on the low end.

I tried listening to it on Spotify the other day but the production sounded really thin and weedy - is that the case or is just a poor rip? I've got premium so it's at 320kbps, so stuff usually sounds good.

Are you talking about the Kylesa or Electric Wizard? Thought the production on Spiral Shadow is sweet, haven't heard the Wizard yet.

The production's not the best and not really geared towards heaviness, seems like it's more built towards atmosphere instead. After a few listens I don't notice the production any more and have just been enjoying the album. It's good but nowhere near their best...or the amazingly dense Harvey Milk album released earlier in the year

HARVEY MILK CRUSH ALL. May not be your thing though, really sludgey and pretty uncompromising.

I haven't heard their new album, will need to check it out.

Are you talking about the Kylesa or Electric Wizard? Thought the production on Spiral Shadow is sweet, haven't heard the Wizard yet.

Nah, the Wizard; the Kylesa album sounds fantastic. Will give the new Electric Wizard another chance.

AWESOME album art and details on the new Earth album:

Earth_AODDOL_COVER.jpg

http://www.factmag.com/2010/11/19/earth-dredge-up-angels-of-darkness-demons-of-light/

Earth are set to return in 2011 with a brand new studio album' date=' Angels Of Darkness, Demons Of Light 1.

It’s the band’s first LP since 2008′s acclaimed The Bees Made Honey In The Lion’s Skull, and it finds mainman Dylan Carlson and his longtime collaborator Adrienne Davies joined by cellist Lori Goldston (Nirvana, David Byrne) and bassist Karl Blau. For this outing they’ve apparently taken inspiration from British folk-rockers Pentangle and Fairport Convention, as well as North Africa’s Tinariwen, putting more energy into melody and arrangement than ever before, without compromising on heaviness.

Earth recorded Angels Of Darkness… at Avast studios with producer Stuart Hallerman, who engineered their 1993 doom classic Earth 2. It will be released on February 7 via Southern Lord.[/quote']

Really excited about hearing this, sounds like it will be an interesting progression of their recent style.

AWESOME album art and details on the new Earth album:

http://www.factmag.com/2010/11/19/earth-dredge-up-angels-of-darkness-demons-of-light/

Really excited about hearing this, sounds like it will be an interesting progression of their recent style.

Sounds interesting, defo looking forward to that. Did you get A Bureaucratic Desire For Extra Capsular Extraction? It's just their first album as it was intended I think? Good stuff.

Iron Maiden tickets get :omg: stumped up for the £10 online membership to get presale BUT I DON'T FUCKING CARE!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! :omg: :OMG:

Snap! Looking forward to hearing some of the new stuff live, I'm going to shred my lungs if they play When the Wild Wind Blows.

I'd ideally do mine the following June after I'd had time to Hoover up any stragglers from Terrorizer's end of year round up.

My albums of last year would've been obliterated by Absu, WIITR, Fukpig and the likes but I only heard em this year.

Oh and that new Earth record sounds really exciting. :)