The Rllmuk Metal Thread

shirubagan

Book Burner is available for preorder - deluxe 2xCD version looks pretty nice:

bookburnerdeluxe.jpg

bookburner_deluxe_2.jpg

Also, the hardback book version of the new Converge looks L O V E L Y !

7537.jpg

7539.jpg

That's one thing with torrents killing so much of music at the moment - some people are making more of an effort with packaging. The Converge is $39.99 though. Bit steep, but I'll probably go for it.

Fuck, looks like it's Danza's last album.

http://www.theprp.co...-song-you-wont/

“For the fourth and final album, Danza IIII (think tally marks, not Roman numerals), we find a stripped-down Danza, consisting solely of core members Jessie Freeland and Josh Travis. With Freeland manning the vocals as always, this time with even more vitriol than ever, the virtuoso Travis is responsible for all other instrumentation on the album. The result: the most musical and bloodlettingly honest work ever to bear theDanza name. With a decade-long legacy behind them, Freeland and Travis have delivered what will serve as an incredible last will and testament for their band.

Travis, now a full-time member of Glass Cloud with former Of Mice & Men frontmanJerry Roush, made this comment about Danza IIII:

“For this album, Jessie and I were looking to create more of a visceral vibe than a completely technical vibe. There’s parts that do still get a bit chaotic of course, but not nearly as much as the avid listener is used to. Everything about this record is way more to the point, with much more heart put into it rather than just seeing how many notes could be thrown into a part or seeking to create ‘the heaviest shit ever’ or any of that nonsense. The record being titled The Alpha – The Omega, to us symbolized the beginning and the end of Danza. Jessie and I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed creating it for you all.”

Danza IIII contains guest vocal appearances by Whitechapel‘s Phil Bozeman andObey the Brave/Despised Icon‘s Alex Erian. The album was engineered and mixed by Nicholas Scott (Miss May I). The artwork was created by Michael J. Windsor, known for his work with The Red Chord and Pig Destroyer, and for his book covers for bestsellers like The Da Vinci Code and Darkly Dreaming Dexter.

Black Market Activities‘ release of Danza IIII consists of super-limited CD and vinyl pressings. The CD package contains a 16-page booklet; the vinyl version is comprised of an LP and an additional 7″.”

October confirmed as awesome month for new albums, BtBaM and Acacia Strain!!! :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

It almost reminds me of bands from the late 90s / early 00s - stuff like Drowningman. Or even At The Drive-In, but turned up a couple of notches.

Good grief, I'd forgotten about Drowningman till you mentioned them, I'll have to dig the album out and get it on my iPhone, 'specially this little doosey.

Good lord.

It almost reminds me of bands from the late 90s / early 00s - stuff like Drowningman. Or even At The Drive-In, but turned up a couple of notches.

Excited by new album now (after the last one *slightly* disappointed, but only because No Heroes was so colossal).

Holy fuck, we seem to be in a new golden age for metal. This year alone, most of my favourite bands are releasing albums:

Pig Destroyer

Neurosis

High On Fire

Converge

Wodensthrone

Vision of Disorder

…and probably a stack of others I don't even know about. Treasure these times, people, lest another Nu Metal comes along!

What on earth is up with the vocals on that converge song? Sounds like a whingy rugrat.

Yay, let's go on a Drowningman love-in!

Bleeders – I hadn't heard that song you posted beforw. What record's that from? I've only got How They Light Cigarettes in Prison, and Rock And Roll Killing Machine (both ace).

@Horribleman - Bannon usually sings a few songs in that style on every record; it just seems like his vox are much higher in the mix on this one.

Chaos A.D. is great. The only thing is that the live versions of Refuse/Resist and Territory on the Roots Bloody Roots single have an extremely welcome injection of pace and urgency. That coupled with the ace recording job makes those tracks on the album slightly obsolete.

I would hope that today's youth would recognize the quality and I'd almost certainly be disappointed.

I would hope that pretty much everyone that has ever posted in this thread has a solid plan of obtaining tickets to this astounding gig.

Neurosis and Godflesh.

I mean, fuck!

I've just realized that I've used the phrase "I would hope..." in consecutive posts. I would hope I won't do this again.

Edited by danbot

New album trailer. Their words, not mine.

:omg:

Holy fuck, that's how you build excitement with a trailer.

Drumming snippet harkens back to Through Silver In Blood. Very excited by this now. I must say, the last record was just *too* downbeat for me, at least at the time. Released in the summer, and I was also expecting my first child at the time, so I was probably in the wrong place for it. Gonna give it another spin today (even though it's sunny).

I still have very fond memories of getting completely and utterly hammered with Twinbee when Neurosis played Hammersmith.

Dean—you're a fucking awesome human being.

<hugs>

You must've been hammered - cos it was at Sheperds Bush :D

Yeah, that was one of the drunkest nights I think I've ever had. Amazing. And I only remember Neurosis' first two songs, then a general blur of sonic awe.

Train back north the next day was Hard Work.

So are there any other decent power metal bands that don't have hideous embarrassing vocals?

I'm aware of dawnbringer, and I would say that pharaoh are on the line. Nevermore I can almost get away with but warrel Dane seems to have a weird out of tune harmoniser going on.