IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread

shirubagan

So are there any other decent power metal bands that don't have hideous embarrassing vocals?

I'm aware of dawnbringer, and I would say that pharaoh are on the line. Nevermore I can almost get away with but warrel Dane seems to have a weird out of tune harmoniser going on.

What did you think of the Satan's Host video I posted a little while back? Was that too hideous?

Other things you might like:

Fracture - "Sulphur Preacher" (occasional Halford moments but it's generally restrained)

Blaze - "The Tenth Dimension"

Spiral Architect - "Spinning" (heading into prog territory)

Arcturus - "Kinetic" (and finishing in space!)

I didn't see that, I do most of my browsing at work, watching YouTube is a pita.

I have Spotify though so can check stuff out.

I love the sham mirrors btw, and like Opeth esqu prof metal. Not too keen on overly tech though.

I'll check those out and let you know what I think. Thanks :)

I didn't see that, I do most of my browsing at work, watching YouTube is a pita.

I have Spotify though so can check stuff out.

I love the sham mirrors btw, and like Opeth esqu prof metal. Not too keen on overly tech though.

I'll check those out and let you know what I think. Thanks :)

If you like Opeth, you should check out Moonloop's new album "Deeply from the Earth", Disillusion's "Back to Times of Splendor" and Iron Thrones (both albums).

Videos for people not at work. :P

Moonloop - "Strombus"

Disillusion - "Back to Times of Splendor"

Iron Thrones - "Swell to the Surface" / "The Dark Design"

Yeah. I've tried a few times to get into Communic, since the blend sounds like it would be my thing but there's something there that doesn't quite work. The vocals are fine but the individual riffs are great, but the overall effect is less than the sum of its parts.

Some feedback for Tal.

Moonloop lose what I find special about Opeth. They seem to be unable to keep a groove going when a song changes.

Iron Thrones are more like it. Needs more listening but first impressions are good.

Just didn't like the style overall of Satan's Host.

I found Tad Morose who seem to be very good.

Fracture I haven't heard anything jump out at me that makes my ears prick up, which I would expect with music like that. I will give them a other chance.

Only Communic song I really like is Flood River Blood.

Angel Dust seem ok too.

Sexpanda is having a midlife crisis because of red tape surrounding his teaching course so I dunno if he is gonna be on here, but on Twitter he said "When did Devin Townsend make music that wouldn't be out of place on a bank advert"

I'm listening now and I'm going to groin punch him for that at Damnation.

Sexpanda is having a midlife crisis because of red tape surrounding his teaching course so I dunno if he is gonna be on here, but on Twitter he said "When did Devin Townsend make music that wouldn't be out of place on a bank advert"

I appreciate that his comment may have been affected by his current situation, but it's entirely in keeping with previous comments posted here, especially the ones that don't make your ears bleed.

Mighty fine (and varied) compilation for free download at http://churchoffuck....lbum/corruption

Not working any more. Teach me not to check the thread for a few days. :(

Oh, and whilst I'm here, Horribleman, Firewind are good for Iced Earth-esque power metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8WgY2SBrM&feature=BFa&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CXofG36SHDbInTNWETRmJS

Hmm, Panopticon are intriguing, but I wish it was better integrated, rather than, Folky bit > metal bit (with a flute) > folky bit again.

I recently picked up the latest Wodensthrone. Hasn't sunk in properly yet. They keyboards seem slightly lower in the mix (I really like the keyboards on the last album), but repeated listening is starting to reveal some great moments.

This song's fab (warning: 10 minutes long).