The Rllmuk Metal Thread

shirubagan

From No Clean Singing, I've discovered another death/doom band from Australia called Okera. The vocalist sounds suspiciously similar to Mikael Åkerfeldt, so Horribleman might be all over this shit. The sound is very similar to Daylight Dies (which is no bad thing) but the faster bits are, er, faster.

Okera - "In Solitude" (taken from A Beautiful Dystopia)

Daylight Dies - "Lies that Bind" (taken from Dismantling Devotion)

A review of Epicloud on Metal Review: http://metalreview.com/reviews/6859/devin-townsend-project-epicloud

(my copy is in the post! :omg: From the US because the official store had run out of the limited 2CD edition. :()

"Epicloud is not an album that allows for hipness or smugness or bon mots laden with sneering superiority. Epicloud is a boxer whose fists are pop songs and honey-wine and who won’t fight you anyway because it’s too busy hugging rainbows and helping old ladies cross the street to win the lottery."

I love it when you go to check to see if an artist you like has a new release and they've just released one. Just went to see if the second part of Ufomammuts ORO album was out and it came out yesterday :)

£3.45 on Amazon too (who also now store all MP3's you buy in there cloud service for free). Win.

A review of Epicloud on Metal Review: http://metalreview.c...roject-epicloud

(my copy is in the post! OMG.gif From the US because the official store had run out of the limited 2CD edition. sad.png)

"Epicloud is not an album that allows for hipness or smugness or bon mots laden with sneering superiority. Epicloud is a boxer whose fists are pop songs and honey-wine and who won’t fight you anyway because it’s too busy hugging rainbows and helping old ladies cross the street to win the lottery."

It is dead enjoyable, quite similar to Addicted, I guess. My fave track is More! though it is pretty much interchangeable with Depth Charge. There's some crackers on the bonus disc too.

On my second playthrough of Between the Buried and Me's new album and unsurprisingly, it's absolutely amazing!! There's a lot to digest here, nearly 80 minutes of new music and their previous work, the songs all link together forming this epic, musical journey (I hate that phrase, but it's the only way to describe it).

Even for them in some places, some of the parts are really 'out there'. For example, one part sounds like it's been influenced by some 50's comedy film before it launches into a fierce blastbeat. The experimental circus sounding elements are still there and quite prominent in a couple of places during the album. Heavier sections have a somewhat 'Alaska'/'Silent Circus' vibe to them as well I found.

So yeah, so far... so very easily Album of the Year.

Fuck. Yes.

Aussie bands rock!

I liked this - the groove they lock into partway through is really good.

And that artwork is amazingly stoopid. Is that a tentacled trunk coming out of the guy's own mouth? It's like a Cannibal Corpse cover, reimagined by David Attenborough.