IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread

shirubagan

Doom, Wino style, is the order of the day for me currently.

Along with Devin Townsend, it saddens me that considering his prolific output he's not a mega-famous rock super-legend that every mainstream fan knows about.

Managed to get hold of his latest solo album, the 3 Obsessed studio albums and the 4 St. Vitus studio albums he's done and have been playing them pretty much non-stop because they are just all immensely brilliant pieces that everyone should listen to.

Fuck's sake. I pre-ordered the damn thing and it still hasn't shown up yet. :(

EDIT: I eventually remembered that our office manager was off Friday and today, and he usually delivers the mail. I went downstairs to check and found both RIITIIR and Epicloud. Happy days!

Just bought Epicloud last night. Fuck me. It's amaze. I love the way Effervescent slides into True North. The whole thing is this weird cross between a pop and metal album but laced with that distinct Townsend sound. Man is a genius.

He is. I've not put nearly enough time into listening to it, mainly because I've reinstalled my PC and iTunes is being a fanny. He's always had that Pop element to it, Terria and Infinity were poppy as fuck, and Ocean Machine too I suppose.

He said on Twitter Z2 is next year though, which makes me all kinds of sad :(

I've never really listened to much of his before this. I guess I'm going to have to get caught up.

Some of the tracks on this are just so catchy too.

Infinity is proper daft, eclectic pop brilliance, Synchestra is incredibly prog, Terria and Accelerated Evolution I haven't listened to for years so can't remember much.

Ocean Machine is beautiful, progressive metal. It's awesome.

Ziltoid the Omniscient is a little over indulgent (being a concept album about a coffee addicted, 5th dimensional omniscient being), but Townsend did everything himself and it's absolutely fucking crackers and brilliant.

Then there's the Devin Townsend Project: Ki is meoldic prog, Addicted is pop without the pomp of Epicloud, Deconstruction is the heaviest thing he's done since SYL and Ghost has to be heard to be believed. It's like Enya without the vocal harmonies or some shit.

If you've listened to most of that then apologies for going over it.

Aw, man! sad.png What kind of competition?!

Anyway, because I haven't got round to mine yet I'll take it. It's a straight up ticket with no online bollockry, yeah? Can you wait till Monday for teh dorraH?

A sporting competition... such bad timing! It's a pdf ticket which you print off, Monday is fine :)

I know some people here followed my band Skull Branded Pirates on our first release "The Legend of Salty Jim". We have just released our second album "An Oath Sworn on Broken Bones" which is available on itunes and amazon etc. Just a head up!

We had the launch gig last night and it was brilliant! Packed out venue, we passed around a crystal skull full of vodka on the last song and some dude properly chugged it and then spewed. epic scenes!