The Rllmuk Metal Thread

shirubagan

Thanks to the Dame for posting the Pig Destroyer link.

Had two listens so far. Initial impressions:

- feels a bit back-to-basics, and less experimental than last two records

- production is tinnier – lacks the beef of Phantom Limb

- still very good

- the guest vocals from the Agoraphobic Nosebleed woman are FURIOUS

- need to listen to it more

2 weeks to Damnation. 2 weeks to seeing Pig Destroyer.

Are there any other good bands apart from Gama Bomb at Damnation?

Kinda spoilt for choice by the looks of things. I think my day is going to pan out a bit like:

Witchsorrow > Hang The Bastard > Wodensthrone > Winterfylleth > Bit of a break > Extreme Noise Terror > Gama Bomb > after that, I'll choose based on my mood, before Pig destroyer.

Hadn't heard of Amenra before they were announced. I'm intrigued by their Neurosis/Rwake vibe, so will be part of them out before Pig Destroyer:

Not heard of Hang The Bastard either, but they're pleasingly obnoxious:

https://www.youtube....h?v=LnN7dOEYU9k

Do we have a roll call yet? La Parka, you bought your ticket?

EDIT: hey, what happened to embedding Youtube vids? Don't you just paste the URL in and it does it automatically?

Kinda spoilt for choice by the looks of things. I think my day is going to pan out a bit like:

Witchsorrow > Hang The Bastard > Wodensthrone > Winterfylleth > Bit of a break > Extreme Noise Terror > Gama Bomb > after that, I'll choose based on my mood, before Pig destroyer.

Hadn't heard of Amenra before they were announced. I'm intrigued by their Neurosis/Rwake vibe, so will be part of them out before Pig Destroyer:

Not heard of Hang The Bastard either, but they're pleasingly obnoxious:

http://youtu.be/LnN7dOEYU9k

Do we have a roll call yet? La Parka, you bought your ticket?

EDIT: hey, what happened to embedding Youtube vids? Don't you just paste the URL in and it does it automatically?

Use the share link under the video, not the URL. I dunno what you did, they were fine but weren't embedded for some reason.

665831_10151130823062572_640482827_o.jpg

Wow this was a lot harder than I had anticipated. I was kind of surprised to see so many recent releases pop up but what can I say? I really enjoy those albums. Cheers guys!

DISCLAIMER: Even though this is a combination of recent stuff and past material that basically had an impact on me I chose NOT to include any Limp Bizkit albums for fear of being discredited haha. Talk about integrity huh? ;)

665831_10151130823062572_640482827_o.jpg

Wow this was a lot harder than I had anticipated. I was kind of surprised to see so many recent releases pop up but what can I say? I really enjoy those albums. Cheers guys!

DISCLAIMER: Even though this is a combination of recent stuff and past material that basically had an impact on me I chose NOT to include any Limp Bizkit albums for fear of being discredited haha. Talk about integrity huh? ;)

Gosh. You've received a couple of negs for posting a list of albums you like. This makes me a bit sad.

In other news, I haven't listened to 36 Crazyfists for years. Must catch up on them. Used to really like them around their 2nd/3rd albums :)

Groan are nice dudes.

They are - was chatting to some guys outside and mentioned that the singer had a West Country accent off stage but a 'normal' one on it. Stood out to me as that's where I'm from. Had a chat with him and it turns out that we grew up in the same small town down there, lived about 5 minutes apart. Same school, teacher, tutor, pub, etc. He recognised me from their Facebook page as he'd noticed I was from Bath :D Had a great chat with some cool stories :)

That aside, the gig was great -all 3 bands (Arke completed the bill) were on fire and a great atmosphere with tight sets. Going to hit the guy up for a beer when I'm back home :D

The new Lich King album is really fucking good. It's daft, but the riffage is immense, and I really like the yelpy vocals. Recently I've listened to too much chin stroking ploddery and not enough balls out, catchy melodic stuff so it's looking like Orange Goblin and Lich King are vying for album of the year.

Gosh. You've received a couple of negs for posting a list of albums you like. This makes me a bit sad.

Yeah I was hoping others would also put together a list of their own. Fun stuff.

Sadly it seems that even though this forum is mostly UK (Europe) based it seems that the US audience takes this way more lightly than some over here haha. Which I thought would be the other way around. Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing people's top 50's!

The new Lich King album is really fucking good. It's daft, but the riffage is immense, and I really like the yelpy vocals. Recently I've listened to too much chin stroking ploddery and not enough balls out, catchy melodic stuff so it's looking like Orange Goblin and Lich King are vying for album of the year.

It's been played every day since I got it... Axe Cop is simply brilliant, especially after watching some of the episodes on youtube :D

Yeah I was hoping others would also put together a list of their own. Fun stuff.

Sadly it seems that even though this forum is mostly UK (Europe) based it seems that the US audience takes this way more lightly than some over here haha. Which I thought would be the other way around. Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing people's top 50's!

Even though I moaned about the negging, I feel I must point out that I *have* raised a ban request, cos, y'know, Linkin Park. Sorry dude :P

Even though I moaned about the negging, I feel I must point out that I *have* raised a ban request, cos, y'know, Linkin Park. Sorry dude :P

Really? Meteora and Hybrid Theory were awesome albums that I still recall word for word and note by note. Hm. Angsty teen period ftw! :D

This is awesome, I don't care what anyone else says.

:omg:

I'll have a crack at this when I'm back in the UK and have a decent internet connection. I remain unconvinced that an album released only this year is in your top four, but then there are far worse crimes in your list. ;)

Oh boohoo, do you want some ketchup on your heavy metal elitism? :)

Goat's blood, pls.

I'm not elitist, I just really fucking hate Linkin Park. Actually, hate is a strong word to use, now I'm older and milder. But I definitely used to really fucking hate them.

Linkin Park were amazing at the time when they did their Nu-Metal thing. Now however it's a different story lol. They still make good music but sadly that new groove they're into is just not for me. Anywhoo:

Grind the Ocean did a track by track talkthrough of their debut album, which you should definitely listen to if frantic prog metal (guitar wankery) is your thing.

Also, for those that crave another outlet for news and all things Metal and... not metal (as they focus on other stuff as well) check out http://www.themonolith.com/. It's still a WIP but I reckon that once it's done it should prove to be a quality source for everything that tickles our devilish fancy!

Via HBIH

UK death/thrashers Bloodshot Dawn caused quite a wave in the underground metal community when they released their self-titled debut earlier in January. Here we are, still in 2012, and they already have a new offering in the form of ‘Theoktony’, a single with an accompanying video to boot. If you’ve heard the album, you’ll be pleased to know that this track is more of the same goodness: killer riffs, galloping thrash beats, plenty of epic shredding, and a knack for perfectly balancing melody, aggression, and groove. The only thing that stands out as different about this song is the vocals. They’re more varied, which is definitely good and a welcome change, and they also sit higher in the mix, which…is up to personal preferences. I’m not that excited about it, but it certainly isn’t enough to detract from the song.

The video is a simple play-through video featuring plenty of footage from all band members. Nothing special, but just witnessing them perform is exciting enough. Especially when it comes to guitarists Benjamin Ellis and Josh McMorran, who actually make full use of their 7-strings rather than chugging away on the lowest string. There’s something you don’t see that much in modern metal anymore.

‘Theoktony’ can be purchased for ₤ 0.75 from Bloodshot Dawn’s bandcamp page. It’s a measly sum, and all proceeds will go to charity, so you know what you must do.

I've been overruled for Damnation by the wife and children :( Instead I shall be going to some crappy fireworks display in Chester :blah:

Still heading for Pentagram on Fri though :omg:

MASSIVE_SAD_FACE.GIF

I almost went the same way though. This is why I've tried to tell them not to book it on this weekend, cos, y'know, a lot of the clientelle are over 30.

TBH though, if they brought it a week earlier, it'd clash with Halloween, which'd be even trickier to negotiate.