IGNORED

The Rllmuk Metal Thread

shirubagan

I'm having problems with the top 50 thing, in that I seem to have gone with only one album per band to get some decent coverage, even though I listen to more albums by particular bands that others (if that made any sense to anyone). I think I need to have another go at it. Luckily there are no obvious embarrassments like Linkin Park, Korn or Limp Bizkit in there. ;)

I'm having problems with the top 50 thing, in that I seem to have gone with only one album per band to get some decent coverage, even though I listen to more albums by particular bands that others (if that made any sense to anyone). I think I need to have another go at it. Luckily there are no obvious embarrassments like Linkin Park, Korn or Limp Bizkit in there. ;)

BUT THERE WILL BE THE OFFSPRING WON'T THERE?!?!?

Highly unlikely. I was the only games playing person in the band, so I highly doubt any of them would sign up just to neg me for the lols.

(er, does anyone know how I upload an image to the forum? Apparently I have a Manage Attachments page in my profile and I can add uploaded attachments to a post, but I'm failing to see the bit where I actually do the uploading part)

Highly unlikely. I was the only games playing person in the band, so I highly doubt any of them would sign up just to neg me for the lols.

(er, does anyone know how I upload an image to the forum? Apparently I have a Manage Attachments page in my profile and I can add uploaded attachments to a post, but I'm failing to see the bit where I actually do the uploading part)

Which browser you using?

Which browser you using?

Chrome. Am I doing it wrong?

Go on lads, NEGATON AWAY!!! :D

If you were going to get negged, Roots rates fairly high on the list of reasons to do so. ;)

I remain baffled that both you and VN1X have placed albums released this year in their top 4. Can you honestly say based on a month of listening to Parallax II that you'll be listening to that album for years to come? It took me about a year to decide that I even liked The Great Misdirect (though Colors is still the best BtBaM album :P).

Going through my choices over and over again, I keep removing albums that I would have sworn by some time ago, simply because I no longer listen to those albums. Which isn't to say that those are bad albums, but that time has put distance between us.

What am I talking about anyway? Most of my choices were released between 1990 and 2000, so I'm clearly never leaving my imagined golden age of death metal...

Go on lads, NEGATON AWAY!!! :D

Amazing list! Kudos for dat Periphery yo!

Probably subject to change, pretty much whenever I look at it, but here you go.

(the most recent album on there is Colors from 2007 :facepalm: )

Nice! We finally get everyone's tastes in one handy post. :D

Pentagram tonight. I literally don't know a single note of theirs; just going because had a barny with the missus and I didn't want to continue with that.

When bad times turn good...enjoy

A list of 50 from a dirty old metaller:

7c676dfdaa80f804061d9575f76e2153.jpg

Pig Destroyer tomorrow!!!!

Hmm, so I've given it a good few listens, but I'm just not feeling the new Pig Destroyer all that much. Perhaps it's the impossible weight of expectation, but I've just listened to it, and then gone back and listened to Terrifyer. No comparison, really.

Nothing on the newie sounds quite as deranged and barely under control as something like Lost Cause:

Man, I feel like a butt for not coming to Damnation this year :( I got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the end of August AND my hair has been falling out again (leading me to shave it all off again, boo!) so the combination has lead to me struggling a bit frankly. Not sure if I could manage a day of metal at the mo. Also I'm poor :P Enjoy it, you bastards!

Man, I feel like a butt for not coming to Damnation this year :( I got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the end of August AND my hair has been falling out again (leading me to shave it all off again, boo!) so the combination has lead to me struggling a bit frankly. Not sure if I could manage a day of metal at the mo. Also I'm poor :P Enjoy it, you bastards!

Shit man, that sucks — thought you were coming!

Although if you're in need of hair replenishment, a day of testosterone-addled RIFFS would start the follicles activating again. In fact, I'm kinda counting on it. I'm going to be pressing my thinning temples against Pig Destroyer's bass amp, in order to kickstart some fresh growth…

Christ Kelthink, sorry to hear that man - if you do decide to show up at the last minute come find us and we will take care of you!

Been observing the lineup for this year and I don't think I'll be going to the main stage at all, which almost feels like I'm doing it wrong. Sad to be missing Gama Bomb but Bossk are just too far up my street to say no. May try My Dying Bride for some "not-as-good-as-Paradise-Lost" action before defecting to a third viewing of Maybeshewill instead.

Still, Damnation eh? Third year for me and while technically this is the weakest lineup for my tastes of the three years by far, I am still ludicrously hype and cannot wait :)

Hmm, so I've given it a good few listens, but I'm just not feeling the new Pig Destroyer all that much. Perhaps it's the impossible weight of expectation, but I've just listened to it, and then gone back and listened to Terrifyer. No comparison, really.

Nothing on the newie sounds quite as deranged and barely under control as something like Lost Cause:

Not heard it yet but picked it up at the show tonight. What a disappointment, the sound was dreadful. Such a shame. I mean I enjoyed it but the expectation of a killer show was undone by the sound. Pissed off.

Was hoping to get to Damnation myself. Doesnt look like its going to happen though, got too much Uni work on at the minute to essentially take a weekend off.

Shame, although the few gigs i've been to recently have been a total let down. Getting too old and grumpy I think!

I'm disappointed in you as well, son. What gigs have been a let-down? Not surprised if they're black metal bands - often very unpredictable (though not as 50/50 amazing/shit as Deftones).