IGNORED

Resident Evil 4 (spoilers Warning!)

Meers

More games need QTE's!!!! Example, stupid little rock, dont jump over it QTE it. More QTE's in cut scenes, as while i enjoy watching them some of them in RE4 have been so great knowing you affected the cutscene, messing up meant leon dying.

Want to jump our of a window, dont akwardly try and jump through it while the character glitches, QTE it.

More games need QTE's!!!! Example, stupid little rock, dont jump over it QTE it. More QTE's in cut scenes, as while i enjoy watching them some of them in RE4 have been so great knowing you affected the cutscene, messing up meant leon dying.

Want to jump our of a window, dont akwardly try and jump through it while the character glitches, QTE it.

Definitely agree, the QTE's work very well as does getting up ladders in that you can be standing behind the ladder but just press A and Leon'll move around to the front and up you go with none of the arsing about positioning yourself directly below the ladder and then pressing up only for the character to walk pass the ladder, etc, etc.

And, Davros, thanks for the tip, I didn't even realize there was a quick turn!

*must RTFM!*

OMFG why did none of you mention

Click For Spoiler
The Helicopter bit at the start of 5-4?!?!?! Its the single best bit in the game. At first i thought it'd have shown the helicopter appearing before being blown up, but oh no, he takes out every single bloody dude while i watch on. Fan bloody tastic!

Then you move onto the next bit and again he helps take everyone out, the music, the helicopter, everything makes this the best bit in the game so far! And the end where saddlers goes 'I had to swat down a bothersome fly' Its so obvious they took that from MGS'

Ive now just got past that bit up to another regenerator, to be honest, i dont find them scary. They are more funny in the way they sound with their heavy breathing and look on their face.

OMFG why did none of you mention
Click For Spoiler
The Helicopter bit at the start of 5-4?!?!?! Its the single best bit in the game. At first i thought it'd have shown the helicopter appearing before being blown up, but oh no, he takes out every single bloody dude while i watch on. Fan bloody tastic!

Then you move onto the next bit and again he helps take everyone out, the music, the helicopter, everything makes this the best bit in the game so far! And the end where saddlers goes 'I had to swat down a bothersome fly' Its so obvious they took that from MGS'

Ive now just got past that bit up to another regenerator, to be honest, i dont find them scary. They are more funny in the way they sound with their heavy breathing and look on their face.

Click For Spoiler
Well they certainly scare me, when they start chomping on your shoulder!

Yeah, I was finding it quite difficult at times.. :)

Must have missed it in the ingame manual too.

You're not alone, I went through the first few sections without knowing about the quick turn. Felt quite stupid until a mate of mine who generally clicks with games really fast, played through a large chunk of the begining without finding out about it either. I swear it isn't reffered to in the in-game manual...

You're not alone, I went through the first few sections without knowing about the quick turn. Felt quite stupid until a mate of mine who generally clicks with games really fast, played through a large chunk of the begining without finding out about it either. I swear it isn't reffered to in the in-game manual...

I'm sure it's in the bit where Hunnigan says "I'm sending you a playing manual...". It's either in that one, or the one you've already got in your inventory when you start.

If not, it's still in the manual that you get with the game.

Anyway, up to "it" at the moment. Running incredibly low on ammo, too. But I do have all the bottle caps (Cheers Fearbat!) which were great fun to unlock. I love how, on Pro mode

Click For Spoiler
You get obstructions while you're on the shooting range, like a swarm of bees, or fog.
I thought that was really cool, especially when you're trying to aim at something right at the back of the shooting range.

At the moment, my only slight dissapointment with the game, is the way Leon's gun doesn't change in the cutscenes. It'd be nice if he walked in to a room with his nice suped up Red9, rather than that shitty handgun which I sold straightaway.

Still though. An incredible game. And I know sooner or later, I'm going to get sucked in to Mercs (Noooo! I have coursework to do!)

I love how, on Pro mode

Click For Spoiler
You get obstructions while you're on the shooting range, like a swarm of bees, or fog.
I thought that was really cool, especially when you're trying to aim at something right at the back of the shooting range.

You get that on normal mode. I thought it was because I was doing so badly.

The Mercenaries is ridiculously addictive and tense. It's a brilliant play mechanic in that it requires you to keep extending the time limit, putting yourself in danger of running out of ammo or getting killed, in order to get a high score. Genius stuff.

Well, I haven't played Pro yet, but I've seen the flies etc. So you'd better believe it!

I know I shouldn't care, but I can't wait to read what Edge think about it.

Hehe :)

I really want to read Edge's review too. I do want to see what they think of it, but also, I just like reading reviews of games I've already played. It's so nice (I find) to go back to a review you read 5 months ago, of a game you only finished yesterday, to see how the review stands up to your own opinions, as well as it being somewhat like "instant nostalgia".

You get to read it and go "Yes! That bit was.. oh, so amazing!" rather than "Wow! That sounds great! Can't wait to play it for myself (even though the surprise has been spoiled already)"

I think it's why the Time Extends are proving quite popular.

You get to read it and go "Yes! That bit was.. oh, so amazing!" rather than "Wow! That sounds great! Can't wait to play it for myself (even though the surprise has been spoiled already)"

Yes. Apart from when they slag something off I like, in which case I go "You fucking spazmohicanfleakens! Are you even playing the same game as me?!"

But that's my problem.

I do think there's something special here though, something which elevates this game over the Kotors and the Broken Swords of this world.

Well i just completed it. In a way the ending went a bit quiet with not too much to kill which was a surprise but was nice as i was low on ammo. Although it still has its moments.

The final boss though, talk about easy, had more trouble with el gigante myself. I guess the final one was easy due to its 'open' weak spots. Still the final 2 minutes (you know what i mean) were great fun and surely a graphical tour de force.

The ending was suitable good as well.

At one point (around chapter 4) i was getting a bit tired of the game and really couldnt see myself playing through it again but now i can see myself in the future playing it through again just for chapter 5 which was so much fun.

Mercs mode which i had a quick go of is brill. Its nice taking on people with uber weapons. Assignment ada though i dont think i will play through for a while anyways, dont really want to do that whole section again after only just doing it.

Still great game, so glad capcom changed the style of resident evil to this.

Assignment ada though i dont think i will play through for a while anyways, dont really want to do that whole section again after only just doing it.

I believe you take a slightly different route through the level, and it's also a lot more challenging. You really have to watch your ammo consumption. I thought it was great fun, especially the final cutscene...

Yes. Apart from when they slag something off I like, in which case I go "You fucking spazmohicanfleakens! Are you even playing the same game as me?!"

Or when the review is just plain wrong, there were so many factual errors in their Baten Kaitos review(well at least two) that it felt as if they hadn't invested any time in it. They gave it an ok score though so I wasn't too upset.

I do think there's something special here though, something which elevates this game over the Kotors and the Broken Swords of this world.

I'm quite happy to say Resident Evil 4 is the most enjoyable game I've played since Mario 64. I'm desperatley hoping the next one is a quick spin off using the same engine, I just need more NOW dammit!

Or when the review is just plain wrong, there were so many factual errors in their Baten Kaitos review(well at least two) that it felt as if they hadn't invested any time in it. They gave it an ok score though so I wasn't too upset.

it's not the score though is it, it's all about the review text and when they mess that up they fail. Delta Force BHD and Headhunter Redemption are the two ones i can think of when i wondered if they'd actually played the game.

I had the US version which I sold and Ill probably get the Pal version. Will I be able to use my save or will I have to play through again before I can get stuck into mercs and assignment ada :(

Yeah, you'll have to play through it again, I believe.

Hardly a bad thing, mind.

I'm quite happy to say Resident Evil 4 is the most enjoyable game I've played since Mario 64. I'm desperatley hoping the next one is a quick spin off using the same engine, I just need more NOW dammit!

Same for me, only with OoT as the last game I enjoyed this much. Maybe Halo 1 got close, but that was outside of my preferred genre.

I was wary about jumping to conclusions at first, after a few comments on here about the pacing, but I didn't find that a problem at all. There are new wonders around every corner, and the treasure hunting sub-quest makes you appreciate every last bit of the environment. And really, it's the environments that really push my buttons - I know it's a top three game when I just loiter around favourite areas, just "being there".