Reccomend Me Some Obscure Dreamcast

Most great DC games have superior updates on other platforms

Space Channel 5 -> PS2 - Looks worse, plus has much more noticeable timing issues

Rez -> PS2 - Better framerate, jaggies more apparent, 'punchiness' of the sound far worse/lacking

Hey, you want something obscure? Something un-obvious? Try the bestest version of the mighty Shadowman:

'I am the LORD of Deadside...shadowborn to walk the confluence between worlds yadda yadda yadda'

Itsa wickedo.

Space Channel 5 -> PS2 - Looks worse, plus has much more noticeable timing issues

Rez -> PS2 - Better framerate, jaggies more apparent, 'punchiness' of the sound far worse/lacking

Hey, you want something obscure? Something un-obvious? Try the bestest version of the mighty Shadowman:

'I am the LORD of Deadside...shadowborn to walk the confluence between worlds yadda yadda yadda'

Itsa wickedo.

o/\o

And Ecco was better on the dreamcast as well.

As was Le Mans 24hours. One of the best racing games around.

What! Fur Fighters was ace. Ace in single player and stupid fun in multiplayer.

o/\o

Probably my favourite Dreamcast game. Absolutely massive levels crammed full of (genuinely) amusing touches. The goal of each puzzle may be to reunite a fuzzy animal baby with its parent, but many of them were fucking hard, and far more inventive and intricate than anything found in a Zelda game.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Somebody mentioned Evolution 2 earlier. I didn't know the game existed until I saw it in Gamestation on Saturday. Might pick it up at the weekend.

Warning: It really is awful but actually quite difficult to find making it decent ebay fodder in a few years.

What about RPGs for the Dreamcast? What's out there? I know about Skies, Record Of Lodoss War, Grandia 2 and the Shenmues etc (Mostly because they have been mentioned in this thread!) Is there anything else. Appologies for hijacking your thread sandman! I'm just curious to know.

Tis a curious one this looks pretty, all girl dev team so I'm told, it's a bit heavy on the japanese text I used a walk through but I found it an entertaining distration, some of the music is ace! not an amazing game overall but a ncei oddity for the collection IMO.

Cheers

Quexex

Thanks for that :(

Damn Japanese text :huh:

QUOTE (therearerules @ Jan 17 2005, 04:34 PM)

What! Fur Fighters was ace. Ace in single player and stupid fun in multiplayer.

o/\o

Probably my favourite Dreamcast game. Absolutely massive levels crammed full of (genuinely) amusing touches.

??? :( ??? Have you played any other DC games?

??? :) ??? Have you played any other DC games?

I have and I still agree with that statement.

It's a superb game. Each level was funking unique. And the music for the kangaroo on that dam level was ace. The dream level was messed up in a good way. Loads of minigames. Brilliant puzzles (still haven't completed it). And a solid multiplayer game thrown in for free. The zelda comparison is valid, as each level is like a colourful dungeon set in a space station/museum/dinosaur house, with better puzzles and guns.

Powerstone 2 is good as well. Easily one of the best fourplayer games ever.

I thought getting that and the twin stick controller was pretty hard these days.

I would say that obtaining the game is easier than getting the Twin Sticks --it's not the rarest (or more expensive) of games, especially on the Dreamcast, regardless of what retailers like Play Asia would like you to think. If you have a friend or acquaintance in Japan...

I would say that obtaining the game is easier than getting the Twin Sticks --it's not the rarest (or more expensive) of games, especially on the Dreamcast, regardless of what retailers like Play Asia would like you to think. If you have a friend or acquaintance n Japan...

Yeah, getting the game is cool, but, like Samba, it needs the peripheral. I imagine that would put people off trying to get this.

Itsa wickedo.

Well said!

I'd class it as one of the best games for the system. The graphics are lovely, and the music and sound are stunning. That level where you can hear the drill and the kid screaming - pure genuis.

I never actually managed to complete the game, but it still gave me over (if memory serves me correctly) 20 hours of joy.

A quality title that you can usually pick up for under a fiver!

Rob