Ukretro.co.uk

Thread Owner

if so, get Drivin' Force. great Power Drift clone ;)

:D

That brings back memories.

One of my mates got this as a pack with a few other games when he bought his Amiga. I remember being totally amazed by the smooth super-scalar-like graphics, and the funky music.

Unfortunately the illusion of speed was lost somewhat, due to the fact that there is no power drift when you go around corners! You can be going round a really tight corner, and still move left and right as freely as if you were on a straight!

Rob

Of course it is, its Dungeon Master.

If memory serves, apart from the joypad control, the only difference beyween the other versions and the snes one is the snes has music playing throughout the game?

excellent, sounds like one to put on the "look out for" list.

You should organise a retro meet, Rob. I have a great Amiga that Yod@ did for me... it'd be smashing with some decent joysticks (something I'm lacking).

It's something I have thought about doing, but where would it be held?

I'm based outside Bristol, and I suppose I could host a small meet at my place, but I'm guessing there would be more people who would want to come that could fit in my house.

Would people be interested in a retro meet? I know 213 did something last year, but am not sure if that was 100% retro. 213, perhaps you can give us the lowdown.

So, yes. It's something I would be keen on looking into, but would need feedback from yourselves, plus some assistance from a number of you.

Rob

I thought you lived in a castle.

Seriously though, no idea where it'd be held. Maybe there's a place near-ish to you that'd hire out a function room?

Actually, across the road from me is a social club that I could look into hiring.

One of two people could crash at my place, and there are a number of bed and breakfast places in the area.

Would anyone actually be interested in this, and if so, when?

I'm just worried that I could be stepping on 213's toes here.

Rob

Why? Not treading on my toes.

You wanna run something, you run it - of course if your far enough from me (and Brtistols bloody far) you can maybe sync something somehow with an event we run....

A day of retro meets............. be nice.... Especially if someone can do one up north on he same day.

Why? Not treading on my toes.

You wanna run something, you run it - of course if your far enough from me (and Brtistols bloody far) you can maybe sync something somehow with an event we run....

A day of retro meets............. be nice.... Especially if someone can do one up north on he same day.

Ok. Just didn't want to knock noses out of joint ;)

I love the idea of this day of retro meets. This surely HAS to be worth looking into. What a cracking idea.

So, can a Northern retro forumite who is willing to get a retro meet off the ground step up and make themselves known?

Rob