Another Dreamcast Shmup!

nausea

I can see the future...

Age old gaming console, the Dreamcast is about to get another outing with 'Xyximo Shnaszapp: Gram Gram Blaster' - A 2D vertical shoot'em up.

Release date is July 8th 2354

These people won't stop... and I like it.

Long live the DC!

Excellent. The guys who made Chaos Field have announced one too. And the Border Down people are doing some sort of 2D Bangai-O mecha battle type thing that looks really sweet.

And the Psyvariar people are doing a new shmup on the Taito board. Small independant developers seem to be doing really well this gen. I hope its a trend that continues.

This is all rather surreal.

I read through some Edges from 1999, 2000 last year. Reading about the trouble the Dreamcast was in. Hell, I'm not going to argue with them - we all know what happened to SEGA as a hardware producer.

But the fact that these shoot-em-ups still call the Dreamcast a port of call in 2005 is quite.. heart warming to me. Even though I'm not a fan of the genre.

But then.. I am a SEGA fan-boy. Perhaps.

Its probably because the DC is quite powerful at 2D doesnt have any licence fees anymore and the games can probably get published easier for the DC than the ps2 etc.

Add in the fact that there are a lot of export sales and I'd imagine that this is a very lucrative way to gain exposure for a smaller developer.

The new G-Rev game isn't a straight shmup. It's a 1vs1 fighter type thing with mecha.

The reason the Japanese companies are putting out shooters is because these games are all Naomi arcade ports obviously. And arcade goers like shootings things. I like shooting things.

it will sell very good, like every other DC shooter. the dreamcast still has a lot of active users that buys every new release and has done so the last 2-3 years. i personally think G.Rev will do a DC port of their upcoming Ronde.

Trizeal looks good by the shots, has anyone played the arcade? i will definately get this.