IGNORED

Counter Strike Server Rules

patriot

I was telling devilfish that we should probobly put a message in the MOTD screen saying that no auto sniping our awping if you're team is winning by more than 3. good idea no?

i mean, its just crap when the game turns into sniper warefare. I know its a part of the game and all, but a lot of people here are either a) new to the game or B) sick of this sniper shit. Theres some people that use nothing but those rifles even though their team is winning by loads. So to keep it all a bit of fun maybe we should enforce the rule?

F1 Agree

F2 I should get my coat ....

I know what would be a good mod.. something that took all the money out of the game, and just placed a pile of random weapons and equipment in front of the players at the start of each round. That way people would have to use a mix of weapons rather than just their favourites..

I was telling devilfish that we should probobly put a message in the MOTD screen saying that no auto sniping our awping if you're team is winning by more than 3. good idea no?

i mean, its just crap when the game turns into sniper warefare. I know its a part of the game and all, but a lot of people here are either a) new to the game or B) sick of this sniper shit. Theres some people that use nothing but those rifles even though their team is winning by loads. So to keep it all a bit of fun maybe we should enforce the rule?

F1 Agree

F2 I should get my coat ....

press F10 for autosnipe :)

personally i dont mind getting sniped to shit - its usually only a matter of time before i figure a way round it

On some levels (aztec for example), 3 half decent CT snipers can win against 10 Ts. Over and over again.

Especially if the Ts have some pathological desire to run in without using smoke or FBs.

I know what would be a good mod.. something that took all the money out of the game, and just placed a pile of random weapons and equipment in front of the players at the start of each round. That way people would have to use a mix of weapons rather than just their favourites..

AIM_ maps are the best :)

I'll ask the guy who admins the PCZ servers then - they've got a no rifle mod on there, might know if there is one like that.

i can disable the rifles using the admin commands, but i'd like to have it so that only 1 person on a team can have an auto snipe or awp.

Theres no point in not having them, they are a part of the game and if we never have practice against them, we'll get raped by teams that do use them.

as said elsewhere, just use smoke and flash. NOBODY seems to buy these items. if we took the items out, they never would buy them.

so i say keep em in, but as stated in the rules, if you're teams winning buy 3 or more, they have to drop it....

My personal opinion is that you should only punish people if they are taking absolute piss with the sniper rifles. Scout should be left on because its cool, but when people just camp with awp or autosnipe and get kill after kill after kill should be warned once or twice, and then either kick them or switch off the rifles altogether (temporarily of course)

but as mentioned ealier that ksa guy KSA]Lhouyrgoff did take the total piss. prime example. you can't just look at it on a level by level basis. there should be a set rule. break it and you're gone. thats it.

hmm, well perhaps then the best way is to restrict it to one sniper (scout excluded perhaps) per team as you mentioned.

I suggest you get some good admins.

What you do is.

Say please use AWP and autosnipers sensibly, i.e no camping with them, especially in spawn and don't buy them if other members of your team have them.

If the admins do their job - Kicking people who abuse the snipers (especially the auto) then they should give out a short 5-10 minute ban after a couple of warnings.

There is NO need to ban autos and awps completely, because they ARE part of the game.

The AWP is not a noob weapon, you need skill to use, and any good ak user or colt user can take out a nooby auto sniper with a carefully placed headshot.

That would be awful...

I suggest you get some good admins.

What you do is.

Say please use AWP and autosnipers sensibly, i.e no camping with them, especially in spawn and don't buy them if other members of your team have them.

If the admins do their job - Kicking people who abuse the snipers (especially the auto) then they should give out a short 5-10 minute ban after a couple of warnings.

There is NO need to ban autos and awps completely, because they ARE part of the game.

The AWP is not a noob weapon, you need skill to use, and any good ak user or colt user can take out a nooby auto sniper with a carefully placed headshot.

That would pose alot of problems though, wouldn't it?

The thing with patriot's rules (which I think are best) is that they are set determined things, not like something hazy that someone can claim against.

ie.

[Player kills someone with AWP near start of game]

Admin: Was that a camped kill?

Player: Nah.

Killed Player: Yeah it was!

Player: Don't lie you HAXXOR n00b

etc. etc. etc.

Or with the other rule:

Admin: Hey Ts, three of you have AWPs and two have autos! Get rid of them till you just have one of each.

Player 1: Ok, I'm keeping my AWP.

Player 2: no i am!

Player 1: no i am!

Player 3: stop arguing, i dont care as long as i have my auto...

Player 4: but i want my auto!!

etc. etc.

That's why it's better to have laid down rules.

That would pose alot of problems though, wouldn't it?

The thing with patriot's rules (which I think are best) is that they are set determined things, not like something hazy that someone can claim against.

ie.

[Player kills someone with AWP near start of game]

Admin: Was that a camped kill?

Player: Nah.

Killed Player: Yeah it was!

Player: Don't lie you HAXXOR n00b

etc. etc. etc.

Or with the other rule:

Admin: Hey Ts, three of you have AWPs and two have autos! Get rid of them till you just have one of each.

Player 1: Ok, I'm keeping my AWP.

Player 2: no i am!

Player 1: no i am!

Player 3: stop arguing, i dont care as long as i have my auto...

Player 4: but i want my auto!!

etc. etc.

That's why it's better to have laid down rules.

Thats why you need GOOD admins.

I've seen it work.

But I understand your concern for concrete rules.

But I still believe the admin should have enough common sense to make the right decision.

Thats why you need GOOD admins.

I've seen it work.

But I understand your concern for concrete rules.

But I still believe the admin should have enough common sense to make the right decision.

well thats why I stated the rule, its easy to uphold, its clear so there should be no arguing about it. you don't need to be a good admin to know that said player is using an auto and their team is wining by 10, you just need an admin that can count.