Ben Affleck: The Comeback

descriptor

Hi there,

Now I know, there have been many character assassinations of this man during/since the J-Lo episode (most recently occurring in the hilarious Team America send-up song "The End Of An Act"), but in his defence let me offer the following:

- Withdrawal symptoms from that ass would drive anyone crazy

- Motherfucking Good Will Hunting (and for that matter, Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season)

- er, case closed

That said, what does our hero need for a riotous 2005 tour-de-force comeback? How would you cast Ben to make this happen?

Come on Ben-fans, let's focus on the positive. Yeah!

He's not a particularly good actor, so he needs to either:

A) be in a film with a great script, like GWH, that suits his character

B ) Get 're-invented' like John Travolta with Pulp Fiction.

Can't see either happening, tbh.

I feel sorry for Affleck, he gets such major flack from press, viewers, critics, pretty much everyone, but after seeing him on Inside the Actor's Studio, Dinner For Five and pretty much every Kevin Smith commentary, he's clearly a damn cool guy and bloody hilarious too. Hopefully his poor career decisions won't bury him for good, especially as there are rare times when he's been fab (Chasing Amy, Good Will Hunting, err...guess that's it).

I feel sorry for Affleck, he gets such major flack from press, viewers, critics, pretty much everyone, but after seeing him on Inside the Actor's Studio, Dinner For Five and pretty much every Kevin Smith commentary, he's clearly a damn cool guy and bloody hilarious too. Hopefully his poor career decisions won't bury him for good, especially as there are rare times when he's been fab (Chasing Amy, Good Will Hunting, err...guess that's it).

what he said.

i haven't seen pearl harbour, daredevil etc because i know i won't like them. to me affleck is mallrats (you mean the back of a volkswagen?) , chasing amy, good will hunting etc.

he's made some terrible career decisions, that's for sure. i always thought he'd be fine if he stuck with kevin smith as smith really knows how to get the best out of him.

and then i saw jersey girl. :angry: